Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Travis Burns Named Pulaski County's New Football Coach
Information 
This has finally been announced by the schools AD. Some people close to the program said that Burns was really the guy they wanted from the beginning, but at some point Burns lost some interest or the administration at Pulaski was turned to Eddie James. However, in the end they came back and everything worked with Coach Burns. One thing if true is it was said that he is bringing two assistants with him. I guess that will remain to be seen. 

The official announcement will be made for the players, parents, students, fans, and anyone else in the schools auditorium at 5:30pm on Tuesday, January 30th.
Where’d he announce it?
I haven't seen anything either.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
All I’ve seen is they’re going to do a meet the head coach thing
Home run hire.
[-] The following 2 users Like Oldmanwinter80's post:
  • 16BBall Fan, HighViz
(01-28-2024, 09:22 AM)Oldmanwinter80 Wrote: Home run hire.
That’s what Louisville said when they hired Kenny Payne.
Background?
Burns has been the Defensive Coordinator for Boyle for last 4 years. He’s got much more than that, but that alone is enough.
Coach Haddix posted on the football listserv this afternoon that Boyle Co. is looking for a defensive assistant possible coordinator.
A lot of job opportunities out there this off season.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(01-28-2024, 07:41 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: Coach Haddix posted on the football listserv this afternoon that Boyle Co. is looking for a defensive assistant  possible coordinator.
With the talent Boyle is returning I wouldn't be surprise if coaches are camping in tents outside the front doors of the school for the job.   Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like Rebel55's post:
  • 16BBall Fan, Hatz, Holy Bull
(01-28-2024, 09:03 PM)Rebel55 Wrote:
(01-28-2024, 07:41 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: Coach Haddix posted on the football listserv this afternoon that Boyle Co. is looking for a defensive assistant  possible coordinator.
With the talent Boyle is returning I wouldn't be surprise if coaches are camping in tents outside the front doors of the school for the job.   :D

Probably some head coaches from other schools. lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes 16BBall Fan's post:
  • Rebel55
Boyle will hire a coach who has a kid that can play.. if I was guessing..
[-] The following 1 user Likes FCSPY's post:
  • Gitback Coach
(01-28-2024, 09:40 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote:
(01-28-2024, 09:03 PM)Rebel55 Wrote:
With the talent Boyle is returning I wouldn't be surprise if coaches are camping in tents outside the front doors of the school for the job.   Big Grin

Probably some head coaches from other schools. lol
Since the Coaches Transfer Portal appears to be open I’d like to suggest that Corbin Transfer Greer to Boyle County as Defensive Coordinator and Boyle County send us Coach Mills back to Corbin. We will even assist in the move if transfer is approved by Haddix…
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cowboy42's post:
  • Bull got out!
[-] The following 3 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • Cowboy42, HighViz, Jack Lambert
Spoke with Coach Burns earlier today and he confirmed that he was headed to Pulaski He seems to be really excited with this oppurtunity, Congrats to Pulaski you nailed this hire Coach Burns is one of the best Defensive minded coaches around allthough I fully expect Coach Burns to be back at Boyle as the Head Coach when/If Haddix Leaves
[-] The following 1 user Likes Catsfan12's post:
  • Hatz
(01-29-2024, 11:06 AM)FCSPY Wrote: Boyle will hire a coach who has a kid that can play.. if I was guessing..

Always with the shot.
[-] The following 2 users Like BEChargers's post:
  • FCSPY, Hatz
(02-02-2024, 12:22 AM)BEChargers Wrote:
(01-29-2024, 11:06 AM)FCSPY Wrote: Boyle will hire a coach who has a kid that can play.. if I was guessing..

Always with the shot.

absolutely
Great hire. They got some talent coming up. Blevins kid is a monster
(02-06-2024, 02:15 AM)Tailback44 Wrote: Great hire. They got some talent coming up. Blevins kid is a monster

Definitely a great hire. Who is the Blevins kid, is he a current 8th grader or a HS transfer because I don’t see a Blevins in the HS roster from last season. What position does he play?
He’s a lineman. Yeah will he in HS. He’s a monster on field and in the weight room.