Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conference championship games
Well, who have you got this weekend? I know this may bite me (I hope not) but I think this is Lamar’s year. When you add in their great defense, I think the Ravens win a relatively low-scoring game (20-17 maybe). But I think it will be close throughout, which means Mahomes might be able to pull something out of his butt at the end.

On the other side, I’d love for the Lions to win, and I think they will at least scare San Fran. But if Debo is able to play, SF has too many weapons. Maybe too many weapons anyway. SF 27-17, setting up a Super Bowl between the two teams that were best in each conference over the course of the entire season,
[-] The following 1 user Likes Van Hagar's post:
  • Cactus Jack
Hoping Baltimore and Detroit just because. At least then one or both are starting a new chapter.

Vegas' lines are set in a way that supports your theory on a low-scoring game. Over/under is 44.5 for BAL/KC and 51.5 for DET/SF.

Super Bowl will be anti-climactic if it's Baltimore and San Francisco and plays out anything like their Christmas Day game. Giving San Francisco time to get healthy probably negates that worry though.

Networks would probably love a 49ers-Chiefs game. Could be a fun one to watch as well. At least there'd be the novelty of not having seen them play each other in a fairly meaningful game in the past six weeks.

Miami was banged up but the Chiefs embarrassed them in the Wild Card. They just beat a "hotter-than-anyone" Buffalo. They've been discounted but probably hadn't played their best until now and may still have another gear. @Van Hagar thought you were spot-on about Mahomes' legacy if he's able to pull this one off. With Kelce nearing retirement, this might be one of his last great chances for awhile unless there's a major acquisition or roster overhaul coming in the next two to three years.

The game that I don't think anyone is really dying to see would be Detroit-Kansas City. Just seems like one of those games where one team (Detroit) is happy to be there but doesn't have a clue about what it actually takes to win it, and the other (Kansas City) is treating it like a business trip. Those usually don't end well.
In honor of the 49ers I have to post this.
When OJ thought it was a good idea to answer questions on live TV. 2nd caller asking him about 49ers was one of the funniest things I ever heard on the internet LOL

Was pure douchebaggry by Kelce before the game (see Justin Tucker videos) and a motorcycle motorcade for Swift from the airport to the game bigger than for heads of state (who are also turds). These people are an abomination. Like a buddy of mine says Fvck you, you fvcking fvcks.
(01-28-2024, 07:59 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Was pure douchebaggry by Kelce before the game (see Justin Tucker videos) and a motorcycle motorcade for Swift from the airport to the game bigger than for heads of state (who are also turds). These people are an abomination. Like a buddy of mine says Fvck you, you fvcking fvcks.

I seen that Jet, but why was Justin Tucker in the middle of their skills warm up on the goal line?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(01-28-2024, 08:04 PM)Spud6 Wrote:
(01-28-2024, 07:59 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Was pure douchebaggry by Kelce before the game (see Justin Tucker videos) and a motorcycle motorcade for Swift from the airport to the game bigger than for heads of state (who are also turds). These people are an abomination. Like a buddy of mine says Fvck you, you fvcking fvcks.

I seen that Jet, but why was Justin Tucker in the middle of their skills warm up on the goal line?
No idea looked like KC just came out. I doubt the kicker is down there alone trying to start a fight.
KC is going to win, football season is over
(01-28-2024, 08:11 PM)jetpilot Wrote: KC is going to win, football season is over

"Not so fast my friend" Lee Corso voice

I think Lions or the 49ers beat Chiefs
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • jetpilot
(01-28-2024, 08:29 PM)Spud6 Wrote:
(01-28-2024, 08:11 PM)jetpilot Wrote: KC is going to win, football season is over

"Not so fast my friend" Lee Corso voice

I think Lions or the 49ers beat Chiefs

Please let it happen
JP, you know what’s going to happen in the Super Bowl. Mahomes is going to lead a late drive, of course hitting Kelce for the game winning score. Kelce is then going to announce his retirement to Jim Nantz in the awards ceremony while saying the f word 15 times on live tv. Then he’s going to get Taylor Swift pregnant on the 50-yard-line as Tony Romo does commentary (Oh Jim, I think I’ve seen this formation before!). This NFL season was scripted by the writers from the WWE.
[-] The following 2 users Like Van Hagar's post:
  • Cactus Jack, jetpilot
(01-29-2024, 06:31 AM)Van Hagar Wrote: JP, you know what’s going to happen in the Super Bowl. Mahomes is going to lead a late drive, of course hitting Kelce for the game winning score. Kelce is then going to announce his retirement to Jim Nantz in the awards ceremony while saying the f word 15 times on live tv. Then he’s going to get Taylor Swift pregnant on the 50-yard-line as Tony Romo does commentary (Oh Jim, I think I’ve seen this formation before!). This NFL season was scripted by the writers from the WWE.

LOL too true. Mahomes + Kelce + Taylor + 1/2 of the country gushing like idiots and proud of it = Gunsmoke binge watching for me on Super Bowl Sunday.
(01-29-2024, 06:31 AM)Van Hagar Wrote: JP, you know what’s going to happen in the Super Bowl. Mahomes is going to lead a late drive, of course hitting Kelce for the game winning score. Kelce is then going to announce his retirement to Jim Nantz in the awards ceremony while saying the f word 15 times on live tv. Then he’s going to get Taylor Swift pregnant on the 50-yard-line as Tony Romo does commentary (Oh Jim, I think I’ve seen this formation before!). This NFL season was scripted by the writers from the WWE.

This was quality stuff right here VH.  Made me chuckle especially the Tony Romo part.
#BBFL