Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky 90 Mississippi State 77
Final from Rupp. 

Kentucky was led by Reeves' 27. Mitchell with 15 on a perfect shooting night (5/5 from the field, 1/1 from 3, and 4/4 from the charity stripe). Dillingham with 16, Bradshaw with 11 and 6, Sheppard with 9 points, 2 rebounds, 6 assists, and no turnovers. 

Tolu Smith led MSU with 26. Former UK commit DJ Jeffries had an underwhelming line, finishing with 5 points, 1 rebound, 1 steal, and 2 turnovers. 

Cats led 47-29 at the half and stretched their lead to as many as 20.
Good win. Beat Georgia at Rupp and beat SC and be on track for SEC title.
UK is best with Reeves, Sheppard, and Mitchell on the floor. Good to see a team not shooting lights out against us for once lol!.
As i was watching last night, I was trying to see why we were so bad against the 3. Seems we cheat too much towards the paint while on the opposite side of the ball. Makes it hard to close in on the shooter. And no I am no coach and no I couldn't do any better than Cal and staff. Just a small observation and it may have nothing to do with it.
(01-18-2024, 11:06 AM)Bluecat Wrote: UK is best with Reeves, Sheppard, and Mitchell on the floor. Good to see a team not shooting lights out against us for once lol!.
As i was watching last night, I was trying to see why we were so bad against the 3. Seems we cheat too much towards the paint while on the opposite side of the ball. Makes it hard to close in on the shooter. And no I am no coach and no I couldn't do any better than Cal and staff. Just a small observation and it may have nothing to do with it.

That's a good observation and you are exactly right. Leaves them out of position to close on the shooter. This needs fixed.  They played decent D in the first half. If this team can get to being just an average or a bit above average defensive team, they'll be a dangerous FF contender.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • rookie57
Critical part of the schedule coming. Need to take care of Georgia and S Carolina. Lost to both last year in extremely ugly fashion as 7 and 20 point favorites, respectively. Then hopefully a win at Arkansas and Rupp will be on fire the following week for Florida and Tennessee. Cautiously hopeful. If this team can keep improving it will get very interesting.
[-] The following 2 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • Cactus Jack, Old School Hound
Fire Cal
(01-18-2024, 07:52 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Critical part of the schedule coming. Need to take care of Georgia and S Carolina. Lost to both last year in extremely ugly fashion as 7 and 20 point favorites, respectively. Then hopefully a win at Arkansas and Rupp will be on fire the following week for Florida and Tennessee. Cautiously hopeful. If this team can keep improving it will get very interesting.

I think Arkansas is going to be desperate and out for blood. I know some of the folks in the Ozarks weren't happy with the stripes in last year's meeting. A win at Ole Miss or against Kentucky does a lot to get their season back on track.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cactus Jack's post:
  • jetpilot
(01-18-2024, 08:02 PM)plantmanky Wrote: Fire Cal

If you were the A.D.(fantasy stuff, right there since you're have a green thumb for chia plants) , would you fire him now, right in the middle of a pretty good season going on?
(01-19-2024, 12:31 AM)Cactus Jack Wrote:
(01-18-2024, 07:52 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Critical part of the schedule coming. Need to take care of Georgia and S Carolina. Lost to both last year in extremely ugly fashion as 7 and 20 point favorites, respectively. Then hopefully a win at Arkansas and Rupp will be on fire the following week for Florida and Tennessee. Cautiously hopeful. If this team can keep improving it will get very interesting.

I think Arkansas is going to be desperate and out for blood. I know some of the folks in the Ozarks weren't happy with the stripes in last year's meeting. A win at Ole Miss or against Kentucky does a lot to get their season back on track.

Going to be hard no doubt. Ark actually had one more FT than UK and same # of fouls at Rupp last year. I will take that on the road in the SEC all day long. Reeves went of for 37 in that game and Toppin had 21. Combined 18-26 from the field and 18-19 from the line. Almost impossible to beat that. I'm just hoping UK is better. Will mean nothing of course but Auburn beat Ark by 32 at Ark earlier. But have to get Georgia and SC first. We owe them both some payback.
(01-19-2024, 01:42 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:

If you were the A.D.(fantasy stuff, right there since you're have a green thumb for chia plants) , would you fire him now, right in the middle of a pretty good season going on?

Of course not lol

Id give him a lifetime contract and a raise.

(01-19-2024, 02:28 AM)jetpilot Wrote:

Of course not lol

Best coach in UK history.
Am I the only UK fan that thinks Bradshaw should not be starting? I much rather have O in the game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes rookie57's post:
  • Bluecat