Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nick Saban has officially retired from Alabama
Coach Saban informed his team this afternoon that he is retiring as the head coach at the University of Alabama. He won 7 National Championships in his career 6 at Alabama and 1 at LSU. One of if not the best to ever do it, to me he is the John Wooden of College Football.
Knew the day would come soon but thought he'd try to go out on top with at least one more.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cactus Jack's post:
  • 16BBall Fan
I told my family that this was his last season back in the fall. Saban would love to go out on top, but I think he believes Alabama is going through a cooling off period.
(01-10-2024, 08:37 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: I told my family that this was his last season back in the fall.  Saban would love to go out on top, but I think he believes Alabama is going through a cooling off period.

Coach Stoops told me over last summer that the vibe of the SEC coaches was this was his last season, specifically if they won the Championship.  

I thought that his press conference after the semi final game was different, he sounded relaxed a bit, and I thought this might be coming.

Meet him once for about 5 minutes, been to many of clinics where he was the speaker.
[-] The following 1 user Likes plantmanky's post:
  • Cactus Jack
(01-10-2024, 10:41 PM)plantmanky Wrote:
(01-10-2024, 08:37 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: I told my family that this was his last season back in the fall.  Saban would love to go out on top, but I think he believes Alabama is going through a cooling off period.

Coach Stoops told me over last summer that the vibe of the SEC coaches was this was his last season, specifically if they won the Championship.  

I thought that his press conference after the semi final game was different, he sounded relaxed a bit, and I thought this might be coming.

Meet him once for about 5 minutes, been to many of clinics where he was the speaker.

Very interesting. How is he as a speaker?
^^Dry as a chip.  And he talked over everybody's head.

Or perhaps it was just over MY head!!!
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • Cactus Jack
(01-11-2024, 12:10 AM)Cactus Jack Wrote:
(01-10-2024, 10:41 PM)plantmanky Wrote:

Very interesting. How is he as a speaker?

Grannys not wrong lol.........for a football junkie, hes great, doesnt vary much from his script.  For the average joe, he is dry and boring.
  • Cactus Jack
Saw a stat today--- at Alabama, he had 44 draft picks and only lost 29 games.
(01-11-2024, 10:16 PM)Cactus Jack Wrote: Saw a stat today--- at Alabama, he had 44 draft picks and only lost 29 games.

I believe it was 44 First Round draft picks.
  • Cactus Jack