Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky 96 Illinois State 70
Final from Rupp.
Kentucky has lots and lots of weapons this year. Last year, if Reeves had an off night, it was doom. This season, two or three guys can be off and another two or three can carry the team to victory. Fun team to watch! They are only gonna get better. Scary thought for other teams around the SEC and the nation.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Cactus Jack
If this team continues to play unselfish basketball and with a high gear they will go a long way. Finally getting some inside presence has helped us defensively which is the area we still need to improve. I think with the way this team plays they will improve on that end. Most fun team to watch in a long time.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bluecat's post:
  • Cactus Jack
I continue to be impressed with Reed Shepperd. No matter what 5 Cal begins the game with, when things start to go cattywampus, he can bring Shepperd off the bench and he seems to have a calming, controlling power over the rest of the team. I only got to see Shepperd play a handful of games in high school, and I wasn't impressed AT ALL, but he continues to impress me every.single.game he plays in college. He is now my favorite player to watch on that team.
[-] The following 2 users Like Granny Bear's post:
  • Bluecat, Cactus Jack
(12-30-2023, 03:40 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: I continue to be impressed with Reed Shepperd. No matter what 5 Cal begins the game with, when things start to go cattywampus, he can bring Shepperd off the bench and he seems to have a calming, controlling power over the rest of the team. I only got to see Shepperd play a handful of games in high school, and I wasn't impressed AT ALL, but he continues to impress me every.single.game he plays in college. He is now my favorite player to watch on that team.

The more I watch the more I can see him eventually ending up on an NBA roster. I don't think that being a one and done is the best route for him unless there's a first round guarentee though. At the same time, his stock may never be higher than it currently is, so you can't blame him if he chooses to bet on himself.
I agree!! No blame game here, but I am of the opinion that no one under age 21 should be allowed to play professional sports.
Old fashioned!
Fire Cal.
(12-30-2023, 03:40 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: I continue to be impressed with Reed Shepperd.  No matter what 5 Cal begins the game with, when things start to go cattywampus, he can bring Shepperd off the bench and he seems to have a calming, controlling power over the rest of the team.  I only got to see Shepperd play a handful of games in high school, and I wasn't impressed AT ALL, but he continues to impress me every.single.game he plays in college.  He is now my favorite player to watch on that team.

Kinda surprised to hear you say that. He was always the best player on the floor in the games I saw him. You might have thought , like I did , that he wouldn't be a major impact player at a school like KY, at least right away.  He needed to get a lot stronger, which he has. He's always had tremendous vision on the floor and a very high basketball IQ kid. He's a special talent.
I didn't see a lot of his games. And there was another player on that team that played just as hard, and on most occasions just as well, as Reed played. I'd heard a lot about him, so maybe I was expecting too much and maybe he had a bad game or two. I don't know the reason but he has certainly excelled in the collegiate format!! He has effort and heart to go along with his talent. I LOVE watching him play.
(01-03-2024, 11:53 AM)Granny Bear Wrote: I didn't see a lot of his games.  And there was another player on that team that played just as hard, and on most occasions just as well, as Reed played.  I'd heard a lot about him, so maybe I was expecting too much and maybe he had a bad game or two.  I don't know the reason but he has certainly excelled in the collegiate format!!  He has effort and heart to go along with his talent.  I LOVE watching him play.

His cousin, Ryan Davidson,  was also a fine player for NL.  There were nights when he played as well, or better, than Reed. I just love Reed's incredible floor vision. It is ELITE!!!