Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clemson 38 Kentucky 35
Final. A wild 4th quarter and the defense just could not make a stop on the last drive of the game. The Tigers had a 3rd and 18 on the final drive in going in for the score.  Clemson finishes the season at 9-4 and the Cats finish at a disappointing 7-6. The Cats had 4 turnovers all in the 4th quarter and 3 of them by Leary. He had overall after all of the hype a very disappointing season.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 16BBall Fan's post:
  • Cactus Jack
Defense really sucked,,, but,,
Personally,,,
I’m glad the Leary era is over,,,
Never have understood why Sheron from somerset didn’t get more reps,,, ,
Wish him the best wherever he ends up.
Leary,,, ACC player of the year??! Lmao
Snoops,,, lmao
Ky D COORDINATOR,,, lmao
Self-inflicted loss in this one. 4 TOs in the 4th qtr, wow! Leary was supposed to have been know for his accuracy but unfortunately we never saw it but in spurts. Defense today was good until the offense gave it away multiple times in the 4th. The loss finishes off the season as a disappointment in my eyes (not that my opinions matter). If we would have pulled it off we would have had some false hope of success. This team needs to do a re-haul as they prepare for next season.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bluecat's post:
  • Cactus Jack
I was excited enough when we landed Leary but this loss just really stings. A win would have been a nice finish to a year that was a bit disappointing and basically flat outside of the Florida and Louisville games.

Wouldn't go in so hard on Leary but for NIL money now being such a big part of the game. Players like him who are high on the NIL food chain are essentially professionals, otherwise I might not be as critical. I will say that I wonder if the root of his issues were either being not fully healed or re-injured.
(12-29-2023, 07:18 PM)Cactus Jack Wrote: I was excited enough when we landed Leary but this loss just really stings. A win would have been a nice finish to a year that was a bit disappointing and basically flat outside of the Florida and Louisville games.

Wouldn't go in so hard on Leary but for NIL money now being such a big part of the game. Players like him who are high on the NIL food chain are essentially professionals, otherwise I might not be as critical. I will say that I wonder if the root of his issues were either being not fully healed or re-injured.
He’s a5 year college player, if he’d been Any good he’d already been in the NFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes rookie57's post:
  • Granny Bear
Hey @rookie57 one thing it shows I think is the difference between the strength of the ACC and the SEC. I would say Clemson is probably the 2nd best team in the ACC and Kentucky is probably the 8th or the 9th best team in the SEC and Kentucky should have won the game.
[-] The following 2 users Like 16BBall Fan's post:
  • Bluecat, rookie57
(12-29-2023, 09:21 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: Hey @rookie57 one thing it shows I think is the difference between the strength of the ACC and the SEC. I would say Clemson is probably the 2nd best team in the ACC and Kentucky is probably the 8th or the 9th best team in the SEC and Kentucky should have won the game.
No doubt
(12-29-2023, 07:54 PM)rookie57 Wrote: He’s a5 year college player, if he’d been Any good he’d already been in the NFL

Everyone wants an NFL caliber QB but there are less than 100 of them in the world at a given time. Maybe 10-12 college QBs per year will ever sniff being one (even as a third stringer).

It's even tougher to find one willing to transfer in to Kentucky instead of staying at their own program or going to an Alabama, Notre Dame, Florida, Texas A&M or TCU. All of those teams took QBs out of the portal with the expectation that they would be their QB1 this past offseason too.

Outside of Uiagalelei, Hartman, or Shedeur Sanders, Kentucky did about as well as they could have. DJ was going back to the West Coast, Hartman wasn't picking UK over Alabama or Notre Dame, and Sanders wasn't considering anything but Boulder anyway.

Maybe Card, Slovis, Max Johnson, Mertz, or one of the Ole Miss backups ends up doing better, but I don't know that any were in "must take him over Leary" territory based on the information available at the time, even if they were willing to come.
(12-30-2023, 12:41 AM)Cactus Jack Wrote:
(12-29-2023, 07:54 PM)rookie57 Wrote: He’s a5 year college player, if he’d been Any good he’d already been in the NFL

Everyone wants an NFL caliber QB but there are less than 100 of them in the world at a given time. Maybe 10-12 college QBs per year will ever sniff being one (even as a third stringer).

It's even tougher to find one willing to transfer in to Kentucky instead of staying at their own program or going to an Alabama, Notre Dame, Florida, Texas A&M or TCU. All of those teams took QBs out of the portal with the expectation that they would be their QB1 this past offseason too.

Outside of Uiagalelei, Hartman, or Shedeur Sanders, Kentucky did about as well as they could have. DJ was going back to the West Coast, Hartman wasn't picking UK over Alabama or Notre Dame, and Sanders wasn't considering anything but Boulder anyway.

Maybe Card, Slovis, Max Johnson, Mertz, or one of the Ole Miss backups ends up doing better, but I don't know that any were in "must take him over Leary" territory based on the information available at the time, even if they were willing to come.
And your point is?
Outside of the playoff games, bowl games aren't bowl games anymore with players opting out, the transfer portal, and NIL money.  I still watch them but it's more like watching a spring game with all the 2nd and 3rd sting players getting to see action.  You really don't know what to expect.

I thought Kentucky played a decent game until the wheels came off with all the turnovers.
(12-30-2023, 12:43 PM)Westside Wrote: Outside of the playoff games, bowl games aren't bowl games anymore with players opting out, the transfer portal, and NIL money.  I still watch them but it's more like watching a spring game with all the 2nd and 3rd sting players getting to see action.  You really don't know what to expect.

I thought Kentucky played a decent game until the wheels came off with all the turnovers.
Yea NIL & and transfer portal are RUINING college sports
[-] The following 1 user Likes rookie57's post:
  • Westside
(12-30-2023, 03:43 PM)rookie57 Wrote:
(12-30-2023, 12:43 PM)Westside Wrote: Outside of the playoff games, bowl games aren't bowl games anymore with players opting out, the transfer portal, and NIL money.  I still watch them but it's more like watching a spring game with all the 2nd and 3rd sting players getting to see action.  You really don't know what to expect.

Yea NIL & and transfer portal are RUINING college sports

Bowl Games have been bad for 30 plus years, NIL and Transfers have zero to do with bowl games being bad.
(12-30-2023, 03:14 AM)rookie57 Wrote: And your point is?

I'm unsure of the point you were trying to make by saying that Leary wasn't an NFL caliber QB when I don't think anyone else feels that he was anyway.

I don't think it's revolutionary for anyone to think that it'd be best to have a future NFL player at QB.
I turned the game off!! Wish I had turned it off sooner than I did.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • 16BBall Fan