Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin players to play in Under Armor All-America game 2024
Jerod & Jacob Smith will be playing in the Under Armor All-America game January 3rd @ 4:00pm EST on ESPN. They will be playing at Camping World Stadium in Orlando, FL. this game is hand picked top 100+ graduating players from all over the nation. I think it is great to have some KY HS football player representation in this game. Congratulations to these young men! 

[Image: https://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews....image.jpg]
[-] The following 3 users Like Son of the Alamo's post:
  • Bull got out!, Hatz, nemo
I am definately a fan of these young men. I wish them nothing but the best. A big shout out to Chuck Davis who is pictured in the center. He is one of the best defensive coaches I know. He is a players coach.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • Cowboy42, Son of the Alamo
(12-28-2023, 01:31 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: I am definitely a fan of these young men. I wish them nothing but the best. A big shout out to Chuck Davis who is pictured in the center. He is one of the best defensive coaches I know. He is a players coach.
   Agreed, He is a servant leader that invest so much of his time and knowledge to so many kids day in and day out in Corbin athletics. We are blessed to have him!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Son of the Alamo's post:
  • Bull got out!
(12-28-2023, 01:17 PM)Son of the Alamo Wrote: Jerod & Jacob Smith will be playing in the Under Armor All-America game January 3rd @ 4:00pm EST on ESPN. They will be playing at Camping World Stadium in Orlando, FL. this game is hand picked top 100+ graduating players from all over the nation. I think it is great to have some KY HS football player representation in this game. Congratulations to these young men! 

Tommy looking tamped up. Too much cheese buddy?
(12-28-2023, 03:25 PM)Cowboy42 Wrote:
(12-28-2023, 01:17 PM)Son of the Alamo Wrote: Jerod & Jacob Smith will be playing in the Under Armor All-America game January 3rd @ 4:00pm EST on ESPN. They will be playing at Camping World Stadium in Orlando, FL. this game is hand picked top 100+ graduating players from all over the nation. I think it is great to have some KY HS football player representation in this game. Congratulations to these young men! 

Smile lol.
(12-28-2023, 03:52 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(12-28-2023, 03:25 PM)Cowboy42 Wrote:

Smile lol.
Tommy might like the cheese but Haddix looks like he's a former World Champion Glizzy Gobbler so they must be feeding him good up that way   Big Grin Wink
Is OSH still alive ????
[-] The following 1 user Likes Deuce8's post:
  • Hatz
Jacob smith is wearing a sling and had his shoulder worked on !!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Deuce8's post:
  • Bull got out!
(12-28-2023, 11:50 PM)Deuce8 Wrote: Jacob smith is wearing a sling and had his shoulder worked on !!!

yeah, I'd say that he will still be on the sideline for this game and doing the media events. its a great marketing and contact opportunity for these Redhounds. they will be playing and hanging out with some of the top HS talent nation wide at this event from this past season.
(12-28-2023, 09:39 PM)Deuce8 Wrote: Is OSH still alive ????

Yep, been mourning my beloved Bengals' demise. Just a tough year for the black & orange. Can't get any breaks this year with my teams. My favorite sports teams(in no particular order are Corbin Redhounds, KY Wildcats, Cincinnati Reds and Cincinnati Bengals. If I had to pick one of my four teams that I would most like to see win a championship before I die, it would be the Bengals. Been a fan for nearly 50 years without a SB win. Kinda starting to doubt it will ever happen in my lifetime. My guess is the Wildcats(basketball) will be the first to win one, followed by Corbin(football). The Reds and Bengals might never hold another trophy in my lifetime(Sadly).

Btw, happy new year to everyone on this board and I wish you all a very happy, healthy,  and the most blessed year you have ever had.
[-] The following 3 users Like Old School Hound's post:
  • Bull got out!, Deuce8, Van Hagar
Off the thread topic, OSH, but I believe our Bengals (I’m also a lifelong fan) still have a window for the next 7-8 years IF, and it’s a big if, Joe Cool can make it through a season at full strength.
(01-02-2024, 07:14 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(12-28-2023, 09:39 PM)Deuce8 Wrote: Is OSH still alive ????

Yep, been mourning my beloved Bengals' demise. Just a tough year for the black & orange. Can't get any breaks this year with my teams. My favorite sports teams(in no particular order are Corbin Redhounds, KY Wildcats, Cincinnati Reds and Cincinnati Bengals. If I had to pick one of my four teams that I would most like to see win a championship before I die, it would be the Bengals. Been a fan for nearly 50 years without a SB win. Kinda starting to doubt it will ever happen in my lifetime. My guess is the Wildcats(basketball) will be the first to win one, followed by Corbin(football). The Reds and Bengals might never hold another trophy in my lifetime(Sadly).

Btw, happy new year to everyone on this board and I wish you all a very happy, healthy,  and the most blessed year you have ever had.
I’m a bengals and reds fan too buddy I feel your pain …
(01-02-2024, 11:18 AM)Van Hagar Wrote: Off the thread topic, OSH, but I believe our Bengals (I’m also a lifelong fan) still have a window for the next 7-8 years IF, and it’s a big if, Joe Cool can make it through a season at full strength.
Remember Tyler Eifert? TE from ND with tons of potential. Could never stay healthy. I called him our glass Tiger. Hope Joe isn't falling prey to the Eifert curse. He was never fully healthy at any point this season, beginning with the calf , and then the season-ending wrist injury. I hope he can play a full schedule of games next season. Browning is a worthy backup, but he is just that--- a backup.

We've got a lot of work to do this offseason, on both sides of the ball.  Offense was still nowhere near good enough. Defense was right near the bottom of the league. Special teams were nothing special and I could punt better than Robbins. The team's  coaching is subpar , as well. Taylor is a bad play caller. He needs to give it up.  Zac needs to have them ready to roar come Week 1, 2024. The slow starts have killed us. I was very confident coming into this season. That confidence was gone after six quarters of play. Reboot and try again. Should have beaten the Rams when they had the opportunity. SB appearances don't come around often.
The UC report (The Underclassmen Report) on Instagram posted a video of Jerod Smith practicing at the Under Armor All-America practices with caption "Jerod Smith is STRONG" and "Kentucky got a good one". glad to see him showing out against national level competition! can't wait to see what he accomplishes at the next level!
  • Bull got out!
#6 for the Ice team, the linebacker who just got a pick 6 for the defense played for Christ School out of North Carolina that played against Corbin in the Pigskin Classic in 2021. Cayden Jones.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Son of the Alamo
(01-03-2024, 06:42 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: #6 for the Ice team, the linebacker who just got a pick 6 for the defense played for Christ School out of North Carolina that played against Corbin in the Pigskin Classic in 2021. Cayden Jones.
 I thought Jerod did very well! I only was able to catch the second half of the game but I noticed he got in the backfield a lot when he was in the game and he had a really good block on a fumble that lead to I think the only Touchdown for the Fire team. He is a really good young man and I hope he achieves all the goals he has worked hard to obtain.
  • Bull got out!
He did! He got in at the end of the 1st Quarter and my boy was watching the game with me and we was talking about how good he was. He manhandled the tackle and forced the qb to scramble a couple times that resulted in another player getting the sack on the opposite side. He looked like he was in Beast Mode. Strong, fast and we as fans are lucky he chose Kentucky. He can play for any team.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Son of the Alamo