Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
16th region top 5 teams
1. Boyd - Boyd is playing well.  They can take the 16th region this year.  Biggs and Jasmine are playing big time. 
2. Russell- If Russell can stay hot from outside and injury free, they are contenders. 
3. Ashland- They have been a disappointment this year.  Hammered by outside teams in the state! 
4. Fleming- Size can be a problem for most teams. 
5. Bath- Guard play has to be solid but way off from the top 3 teams.
(12-28-2023, 11:05 AM)Fieldwire Wrote: 1. Boyd - Boyd is playing well.  They can take the 16th region this year.  Biggs and Jasmine are playing big time. 
2. Russell- If Russell can stay hot from outside and injury free, they are contenders. 
3. Ashland- They have been a disappointment this year.  Hammered by outside teams in the state! 

Boyd has lost 3 of their last 4
(12-29-2023, 12:10 PM)Fanman Wrote:
(12-28-2023, 11:05 AM)Fieldwire Wrote: 1. Boyd - Boyd is playing well.  They can take the 16th region this year.  Biggs and Jasmine are playing big time. 

Boyd has lost 3 of their last 4

And one of those losses was to a team that Ashland beat.....
Boyd lost yes but by minimal points and against solid teams. Well see when they play in Jan 18th.

Russell might be better then both.
Let's not act like Ashland's four losses were against cream puffs.
I definitely think there is a huge gap between the top 3 teams (Ashland, Boyd & Russell) and the rest of the field. I think Russell has the best player (Steele) but Ashland and Boyd are so well coached and disciplined. The Regional tournament should be fun. I have to give the nod to Coach Davis. She does a great job.