Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open Job: Pulaski County
John Hines has resigned to take the South Laurel job. There should be some interest in this job.
This job should pull a lot of interest from some good coaches. Wonder if they will give GJ a shot?
Will Jep wear a hat ? That is the big question ? Will BSN have a line of hats with Hines signature on them ? Black only no red. Red band !!
Did the heat from his comments at the banquet lead to this?

Pulaski needs to really consider the hire here. If they want continuity and possibly to keep the kids, better hire a big name or give the keys to the coaches from within that the players respect.

Curious what happens here.
Might be a case of be careful what you wish for
(12-27-2023, 03:15 PM)king360 Wrote: This job should pull a lot of interest from some good coaches. Wonder if they will give GJ a shot?

I'd love it if they would. GJ is a good guy and seems to be a really good coach. The administration may want to look at someone with more experience at the high school level though. In my opinion, GJ would be the best option to stop the bleeding.

Has Hines officially resigned? I see an article on the Commonwealth Journal website but when you go to view it, it is no longer there.
(12-27-2023, 06:27 PM)Shogun Wrote:
(12-27-2023, 03:15 PM)king360 Wrote: This job should pull a lot of interest from some good coaches. Wonder if they will give GJ a shot?

I'd love it if they would. GJ is a good guy and seems to be a really good coach. The administration may want to look at someone with more experience at the high school level though. In my opinion, GJ would be the best option to stop the bleeding.

Has Hines officially resigned? I see an article on the Commonwealth Journal website but when you go to view it, it is no longer there.

It's official now, AD said he resigned this afternoon.
Give it 3 days and Hines will rehire himself …
According to Twitter he just informed south laurel he intends to stay at Pulaski. Lol! It’s a leverage thing. He did the same thing before

What is GJ?
(12-29-2023, 10:55 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

What is GJ?

GJ Woolridge, the coach at Northern Middle School.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Walt Longmire's post:
  • pjdoug
I don’t know anything about the Pulaski middle school coach but I do know and it’s hard to argue John Hines has been the face of Pulaski Co football for the past 30 years, be very hard to replace….
[-] The following 2 users Like TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!, Cowboy42
(12-28-2023, 09:13 AM)14th Official Wrote: According to Twitter he just informed south laurel he intends to stay at Pulaski. Lol! It’s a leverage thing. He did the same thing before

Might want to check Hines twitter account lol.
(12-30-2023, 10:48 AM)plantmanky Wrote:
(12-28-2023, 09:13 AM)14th Official Wrote: According to Twitter he just informed south laurel he intends to stay at Pulaski. Lol! It’s a leverage thing. He did the same thing before

Might want to check Hines twitter account lol.

It says the opposite doesn’t it.
I heard as of yesterday afternoon they had received 12 applications.
I know of 2 that applied, and have pulled their application already.
[-] The following 1 user Likes plantmanky's post:
  • 16BBall Fan
If they don’t make the right hire SW will dominate the Pulaski Co recruiting
Who had applied?
Two names I am hearing is Brandon Smith and Travis Burns. I personally do not think that Smith would leave S. Warren but they will probably move to 6A in the next alignment.
Has anyone been hired yet, I’ve been asking around either Pulaski’s in super sleuth mode or they’re not getting in any hurry
(01-15-2024, 10:18 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: Two names I am hearing is Brandon Smith and Travis Burns. I personally do not think that Smith would leave S. Warren but they will probably move to 6A in the next alignment.

If its true, I have been told the first 3 people they offered the job to have said no.
[-] The following 1 user Likes plantmanky's post:
  • 16BBall Fan
(01-19-2024, 10:53 AM)plantmanky Wrote:
(01-15-2024, 10:18 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: Two names I am hearing is Brandon Smith and Travis Burns. I personally do not think that Smith would leave S. Warren but they will probably move to 6A in the next alignment.

If its true, I have been told the first 3 people they offered the job to have said no.

I had heard the same thing and maybe that is why they have not named one yet. Hopefully the assistants are starting the players in the winter weight program.
I heard they were going after Jason Foley, or Justin Haddix. Two great hires.
How much is the coaching salary?
(01-19-2024, 02:04 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: How much is the coaching salary?

Not enough to hold Hines... Smile
Was told they’re finding some extra stipends for Travis Burns to get him back in the game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FootballFan1999's post:
  • PulaskiGuru65
I heard they have interviewed Travis Burns, Josh Roberts, and Tim Rose. I also heard that Burns turned it down and that more than likely it will be Josh Robers. He was a DC with Hines and has recently been coaching at the middle school. I am hearing that there would be announcement yesterday but the weather probably delayed it look for announcement early next week.
Things are so quiet on this one. Isn’t this a good job???
I am hearing Travis Burns might get this job with an Announcment expected Friday
any annoucement yet or anytime soon