Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your Mountain Top Ten
What’s everyone’s mountain top ten? I’ve said in football that WYMT is ridiculous in even trying to rank the teams as they are absolute trash. Same for basketball. I was just gonna see what the true sports analysts on this site would do if they were ranking them.
What's so bad about the football Mountain Top Ten? I'll agree that sometimes they rely a little too heavily on wins and losses versus the actual quality of the teams, but if it wasn't for WYMT there would be no coverage for mountain schools outside of the occasional big name when they go West to play. Overall they do a good job with their limited resources.
(12-27-2023, 12:37 PM)Shogun Wrote: What's so bad about the football Mountain Top Ten? I'll agree that sometimes they rely a little too heavily on wins and losses versus the actual quality of the teams, but if it wasn't for WYMT there would be no coverage for mountain schools outside of the occasional big name when they go West to play. Overall they do a good job with their limited resources.
At one point they had 4 teams that finished with losing records, and this was during the season. Valley was over somerset the entire year, and then the last game for valley showed that it wasn’t even close. Then they quit in week 11 and hardly covered sports when corbin lost even tho 3 teams were still left. 

There are still teams in this area waiting on their “preseason” basketball preview. They have started to call them “mid season preview” and eventually will be “postseason” preview.
It would be really hard for me to rank 10 good mountain teams.

1. Harlan County
2. Corbin
3. South Laurel
4. Breathitt County
5. Perry Central
6. Hazard
7. Martin County
Not sure about the rest.
(12-27-2023, 03:57 PM)Diablo Wrote: It would be really hard for me to rank 10 good mountain teams. 

1.  Harlan County
2.  Corbin
3.  South Laurel
4.  Breathitt County
5.  Perry Central
6.  Hazard
7.  Martin County
Not sure about the rest.
Harlan County most definitely best team in the mountains.
Go Colonels!
1. Harlan County
2. South Laurel
3. Hazard
4. Corbin
5. Bell County
6. Breathitt
7. Perry
8. Martin
Maybe my 12-1 Colonels will get a vote Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • insideinfo