Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnny Hines to become South Laurel new head coach
Rumors everywhere that Pulaski County coach, Johnny Hines is expected to be the new head coach at South Laurel
Just saw that.
I'll believe it when I see it.
Big time hired for south if true and should be a great retirement plan. Lol!!
As jBEC said, "I'll believe it when I see it". But as SUR said, it could mean a major hike in pay for the man's last few years which is what teacher's salary retirement is primarily based on. Last five years I think. That is the route Old Man Tom Larkey took by going to Harlan County/Leaving Rockcastle County when they opened the school there. He was offered a mint and it probably juiced up his retirement considerably. It might be refreshing for Johnny as well after so many years of swimming with the same fish in the same fish pond. New waters might be what the doctor ordered for his parental ills. Of course, starting all over is a leap of faith. Good luck in whatever decision he makes!
[-] The following 1 user Likes papagrit's post:
  • BEChargers
Can’t see Johnny Hines going to a basketball school at this point in his career. Turning South around would be an almost impossible challenge.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Diablo's post:
  • BEChargers
is annoucement coming today
Johnny is already retired.
Mr. Hines interview is on the C J Howard show with Brian Milam. I thought they did a great job. I like what he said, We need to recruit the school meaning to walk the hallways and get kids interested in playing football. I wished more coaches had that mentality.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • pjdoug
I think Coach Hines is a proven program builder and wants one last shot to show what he can do, honestly no place to go but up for South, if I were an athlete in the South System I'd be stoked and clawing my way for a spot, Hines is a proven winner, and it's going to be a fun ride for those willing to work.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spoozer12's post:
  • Bull got out!
South is a SOFT sports system these days. I honestly can’t see anyone building that program back up. May take 10 years for Coach Hines. The only way possible quickly would be for Coach Hines to bring in some players. May need some NIL deals. Not kidding about that either. He may get a nice pay raise but I just don’t think he has what he needs for them to be as good people want them to be. But more power to him, I’d love to see South go undefeated.