Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Volleyball 2008
Well LCC will be losing 4 of their starters including Jane Adams who was the best setter in the 14th last year. However they're returning the 2 other starters and the 2 girls that rotated in. They'll be pretty good and should dominate the 14th easily but they could have a hard time competing with Belfrey like they did last year.
Allen Central also beat them both times they played LCC.
but, both teams were in the AAU volleyball at the Knott Co. Sportsplex.
and Letcher beat them like all 4 times they played AC.
Which letcher had Leigha? who graduated a couple years ago(she plays for Pikeville College), and also they didnt have alot of there players from last year,
and AC only had 4 who played Varsity last year.

But it should be interesting to see them teams play next season.
i meant in regular season.

and allen central didn't lose anyone last year
Yeah they will have everyone.
I meant in the AAU, they only had 4 who came out and played.
true_blue221 Wrote:my predictions for all teams:

belfry- will do good as usual. thacker.

allen central- didn't lose any players so they should only improve.

pike central- lost all net advantage, along with a good back row player. i look for this to be a bad year for them, but none the less, a year to grow on.

phelps- ?

betsy layne- should get better, they really improved last season.

pikeville- lost some key players, i would be surprised if valley took advantage of them next season.

east ridge- didn't lose many 'key' players. a lot of young potential. should hold up on another district banner.

shelby valley- will improve over the off season, should be an interesting return for them.

maggoffin- returns a lot of size and potential. should have a better season, but not extremely.

johnson county- always a power house in the 15th. i look for them to keep it up.

prestonsburg- should improve but its questionable.

south floyd- don't know much about them.

Well SF has an 8th grade class that won the conuty ch. last year and just got throught playing in a tourn. that started around 9 and ended at 6 and only loset 2 matches. They won the tourn. with the likes of AC since it was there!! Letcher and Belfrey. Just a thought!!
Russell and Rowan County will probably go it again for the region 16 championship again in 2008.
Fan1 Wrote:Yeah they will have everyone.
I meant in the AAU, they only had 4 who came out and played.

oh i dont know much about that.

but its not too long until season starts and I just can't wait to see if there is any surprises or anything this year. (in the 15th) I doubt anyone can take belfry, but there should be a few close games.
who do you guys think would give lcc a game this year in the 14th region...remember they have a new coach in dickie adams, and I do not know who all the 14th region lost last year..I know hazard gave us a good game so how many did they loose?
JC is always a good team in the 15th.
johnson central is always great, but they just can't seem to pull it together during regional tournament
Will Conely get to play this season?
OffTheHook Wrote:Will Conely get to play this season?

Not sure of her recovery time, but she might get to see some playing time toward the end of the season. I am sure that it all depends on how she is healing. I know that the lady eagles will miss her.
I wish her the best.

Who does everyone think the most surprising team will be in this upcoming season?
where is all the regionals going to be played this year?
This Year phelps Gain 3 Freshmens and 1 senior....
Yes the volleyball team in Powell Only lost Rebecca McCoy last year. They also had the foreign exchange student. But, this year they have 9 Srs. Coach Jones really goes all out for his players.
the regional tournament will be played at paintsville if im not mistaken
15th regional is at Magoffin County this year.
I think that East Ridge will be hanging up another district banner this season. Let's hope, a 3peat would be pretty sweet.

thetribe Wrote:I think that East Ridge will be hanging up another district banner this season. Let's hope, a 3peat would be pretty sweet.

i think shelby valley is gonna give east ridge and pikeville both a very hard time with district, because i know they are gonna work extremely hard to win it, to get a district banner hanging in there own gym for the 10 seniors who are graduating
I'm pretty sure (don't quote me on this) lost 5 seniors last year. By looking at the players now they have close to 9 juniors.