Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you think that guys should be able to play volleyball.
ok i started a thread on football about girls playin' football
and i got a lot of responses about guys playin' volleyball so i figured i would start a thread about guys playin' volleyball

and i'm all for guys playin' volleyball

hmmm.....they would look quite interesting in the volleyball uniforms.

but let's hear what yall think.
--why shouldn't guys play volleyball?!*
--i say go for it!*

--i think they'd look cute in those lil uniforms*
They are already palying in most states.
Serveral louisville Schools are playing against Indy schools
Its a matter of time.
Yup....they should.....I think Title IX allows them to....if someone wanted to force it to the courts.
exactly....if someone forced it into court, theyd be allowed to play..
I wouldnt mind having a volleyball team, hell i might even try out for it, but since i am at Pikeville there probably wouldnt be tryouts itd just be whoever wanted to play oculd play lol
but yes title IX does allow them to...that is why there is softball and girls basketball and soccer and stuff liek that ya know
yea the boys and girls have seperate sports such as basketball, track, soccer and stuff like that

but i believe that football and volleyball should be co-ed sports
any one else think so?
Personally i think the only coed sport there should be is track. other than that, i think the boys and girls should be seperated in sports
girls
guys
i don't care who i play with or who i play against
just as long as i play
and that's all that should matter
your sex shouldn't matter
:roll:
The reason they introduced volleyball for girls was because of Title 9!!! Where guys had football they lacked a sport for the girls to equal them out. That's why if guys want to play v-ball they should have their own team and let the girls also have their own f-ball team.
Guys should be allowed to play volleyball. They could play really at any time just as long as they had enough for a team and stuff.

I don't think though that girls and guys should be coed in any sport other than track as CTD said. Girls can be injured easily than guys because we really aren't as tough so I don't think that we should have to risk bodily injury by playing against guys in anything. When it comes to sports, guys are too rough!
There are really two reasons to have high school sports -- 1. Opportunity for participation and 2. Opportunity for college scholarship. If schools wanted to give boys the opporunity to play volleyball, they should start varsity programs. Boys interested in playing, but don't have varsity programs, should organize their own club teams and look into scrimmaging varsity programs from Louisville and other areas where high school teams exist.

I don't think co-ed volleyball would fly anywhere. There are several colleges throughout the country, though not many in the South, that offer men's college volleyball. It's there and as one previous post said, "It's only a matter of time."

I went to high school in Kentucky when we thought volleyball, soccer and fast pitch softball were "big city" sports. Now they're all over the place.

I, for one, love it and hope schools that have the interest level start prep boys volleyball. It's a fast, fun sport. However, I wouldn't be in favor if the interest or participation levels weren't there because that just puts a handful of athletes through the hell of never having a real chance to be successful.

My two cents ... sorry for the ramble.
"PHS_Moose" Wrote:ok i started a thread on football about girls playin' football
and i got a lot of responses about guys playin' volleyball so i figured i would start a thread about guys playin' volleyball

I think it's ok. I also agree with girls playing football. Equal rights comes into play. Boys should be able to do what girls do. And girls should be able to do what boys do. Enough said on my part.
""Confessions"" Wrote:[quote="PHS_Moose"]ok i started a thread on football about girls playin' football

I think it's ok. I also agree with girls playing football. Equal rights comes into play. Boys should be able to do what girls do. And girls should be able to do what boys do. Enough said on my part. But then again, all the sporting seasons may collide. It would be tough for a boy to decide whether to play volleyball or football if they really wanted to play both. So, that is an issue.
apparently.......some of you ppl do not know a thing about track. Track should not be co-ed. Lets face it...guys are faster than girls..look at every track event for a girls and guys....most the time...heck all the time the guys time is always lower and a guys distance or height is always higher. Guys are more physically able to run faster.......not all guys.....but once u get to the faster ones....there is no competition between girls or guys.
no offense to girls or ne thing....but track is just not a coed sport :?
Yeah, sure why not ??

There are male cheerleaders, it should'nt matter about volleyball or any other sport. I think if you have a willingness to play sports of anykind then so be it. 8)
Guys should be allowed to play volleyball....Girls should be allowed to play football
Track not being coed is stupid, you dont compare girl times to guy times, thats why they have a guy and girls event for everything, besides, most of the guys and gals running track are proably playing another sport, or conditioning for one during track season, so it saves time to have them together

I'd say Mrs.White would go crazy if they did guys and girls track on seperate days! Cap_PDT_0:
Yes boys should be allowed to play..theres no reason why they shouldnt. There are plenty of schools and such that already have guy volleyball teams. Guys play football, basketball, baseball, track, even cheerleading. Whynot let them play volleyball. Or coed. That would be awesome!
I don't see why they couldn't play girls play almost every sport that guys play
Volleyball is a great sport. I played football, but as a gym leader my senior year, I played volleyball nearly everyday. Our volleyball team was greatly supported by our football team. Our basketball/volleyball court is directly next to our baseball/football practice field.

Following practices on the volleyball team's game days, we would go over to their games, paint our chests and faces, and root them on like they did for us every Friday night. It was the least we could do for them.

But to answer the question, yes I'd love to see guys be able to participate in volleyball whether it be male only or co-ed.
i don't see why not...
us girls can play powderpuff and even real football even though i wouldnt do that myself just b/c the girls would get killed by the guys just because they are naturally stronger...
alot of guys i know that play volleyball in gym are actually pretty good so it's just a matter of them wantin a competitive team bad enough and gettin a coach...
the only thing is when would they practice? alot of these same guys play football or soccer or xc or some other fall sport too so it would be hard getting to both practices
i would like to have a vball team at pike central, i dont know if i woul join the girls team though, haley would probably make me look like a complete joke, lol.
i agree confessions cause if a guy should b able 2 play vball then i think a girl should b able 2 play fball
Actually quiet frankly..I think volleyball should just be a all-girls sport....bc boys have football in which girls are NOT allowed to play....when girls are allowed to play football then boys can play volleyball..untill then i think it should stay the way it is....
Guys should be able to play vollyball, im sure there would be enough to have a team
I know if my school had a volleyball team i might play.
they will never let guys play volleyball due to the lovely kentucky law i like to call Title IX
"BumpSetSpike07" Wrote:Actually quiet frankly..I think volleyball should just be a all-girls sport....bc boys have football in which girls are NOT allowed to play....when girls are allowed to play football then boys can play volleyball..untill then i think it should stay the way it is....
Sorry to be the one to tell you but Girls CAN play football now.
Betsy Layne had a girl play a couple of years ago.
"BumpSetSpike07" Wrote:Actually quiet frankly..I think volleyball should just be a all-girls sport....bc boys have football in which girls are NOT allowed to play....when girls are allowed to play football then boys can play volleyball..untill then i think it should stay the way it is....
Sorry bub....girls ARE allowed to play football...so therefore you think Guys should be allowed to play vball then right?
they still wont let guys play volleyball. There are guys and girls volleyball teams at different high schools. and there are already mens college teams. they will not integrate the sport. i dont think anyone has heard of a girls varsity football team anywhere. If anyone can find one, let me know.