Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky’s new basketball court at Rupp Arena is being replaced after just one game
Per report in Lexington Herald Leader today.

The University of Kentucky men’s basketball team will forever have a losing record on the third court to grace the Rupp Arena floor. After just one game, it’s being replaced. Rupp Arena announced in a social media post Thursday afternoon that officials were “not satisfied” with the court and the company that built the playing surface — Robbins Inc. — would be delivering a new floor as soon as possible. The court was installed for Kentucky’s home game against UNC Wilmington on Dec. 2, and UK — just four days removed from a 22-point blowout of No. 8 Miami on the “old” Rupp court — lost a shocker to the visiting Seahawks, who pulled off an 80-73 upset over the heavily favored Wildcats. The loss had nothing to do with the quick switch, obviously.

Read more at: [color=rgb( var(--theme-link) )]https://www.kentucky.com/sports/college/kentucky-sports/uk-basketball-men/article283067768.html#storylink=cpy[/color]
I can hear the "17 percent" now: "Should have replaced the $9 million coach instead of the 200K floor." They're so stupid!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • 16BBall Fan
They should donate that floor to the Community College that beat us on it and their coach who makes $7.65/hour who outcoached our $9MM + millions in perks guy.
"Cal knows what he is doing, it's just that the floor wouldn't listen and had to go" LOL!
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • 16BBall Fan
Rupp is a dump, im really surprised UK doesnt demand a new arena.
[-] The following 1 user Likes plantmanky's post:
  • 16BBall Fan
It was way too bright on my eyes so I’m glad they got rid of it even though it looked great
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(12-16-2023, 10:48 PM)plantmanky Wrote: Rupp is a dump, im really surprised UK doesnt demand a new arena.

They should name the new floor "Coach Cal's Court" after the Hall of Famer.