Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hometown sports corner????
hometown sports corner published their top 10 and have Letcher at the top, SMH........  are these people from letcher, are they promoting their buddies or are they just clueless?  I'm not disrespecting letcher by any means, but they aren't close to being the top team from the 14th and 15th region.  Pikeville would beat them by as many as they want.  So would a couple other teams.  C'mon folks, at least provide some credibility with your published lists.
(12-12-2023, 03:55 PM)The Weatherman Wrote: hometown sports corner published their top 10 and have Letcher at the top, SMH........  are these people from letcher, are they promoting their buddies or are they just clueless?  I'm not disrespecting letcher by any means, but they aren't close to being the top team from the 14th and 15th region.  Pikeville would beat them by as many as they want.  So would a couple other teams.  C'mon folks, at least provide some credibility with your published lists.

they are based in Hindman. They’re pretty much clueless to anything other than Hazard/Letcher/Perry/etc.
It is their list, if you dont like it, make your own.
Letcher spanked Knott last night. They don’t rate prep schools high because of recruiting. That’s Why Pikeville isn’t #1.
Very surprised at the Knott Letcher game last night. Looks like the Cougs might be able to make a Rupp run again. Knott just couldn't hang.
(12-12-2023, 03:55 PM)The Weatherman Wrote: hometown sports corner published their top 10 and have Letcher at the top, SMH........  are these people from letcher, are they promoting their buddies or are they just clueless?  I'm not disrespecting letcher by any means, but they aren't close to being the top team from the 14th and 15th region.  Pikeville would beat them by as many as they want.  So would a couple other teams.  C'mon folks, at least provide some credibility with your published lists.

I do agree Letcher is not the #1 team in the 14th and 15th region,  and if your ranking teams based on who would win an actual game you have to have Pikeville at #1.  The problem is that Pikeville is basically an AAU team.   They have "recruited" most of the best players from the 15th region.  Saying Pikeville would beat Letcher by "as many as they want" is just ridiculous.  If we want to play Pikeville lets put Gayheart, Smith, Couch, Caudill,  and Neace on the same team and play.   Then its best in the 14th against best in the 15th, because when you look at Pikeville their team is made up of the best from SV, the best from Belfry, and the best from Pikeville among others.   Don't get me wrong I cheer for Pikeville and want them to do well and represent our area with class,  which I believe they do, but at the end of the day they are a Select team.     I wont criticize and not give my list so here is how i would rank them as of today.  (some of these teams play each other soon and we will see how that goes)

1.) Pikeville
 2.) Martin Co.
 3.) Owlsley Co.
 4.) Letcher Co.
 5.) Lawrence Co.
 6.) Paintsville. (Could be higher, Im not as familiar with them other than Preece) 
 7.) Perry Co.
 8.) Knott Co 
 9.)Johnson Central
10.)Hazard.
All facts ^^^^^
Pikeville has been doing the same thing with recruiting for decades. I’ve never seen anyone leave them off of rankings because someone doesn’t like it. Lol! The issue is that KY is the only state left that doesn’t have a class system for basketball or baseball. If they did that then you’d be able to do a different type of ranking.

The way Hometown Sports is presenting it they should have a legit list with everyone available to be on it. Otherwise there should be a disclaimer that says “WE TRY TO RANK EVERYONE BUT TEAMS IN OUR LOCAL AREA WILL BE RANKED FIRST. ALSO TEAMS WITH ANY CONNECTION TO HOMETOWN SPORTS WILL ALSO BE RANKED AHEAD OF OTHER TEAMS REGARDLESS OF RECORD!” Haha!
(01-09-2024, 08:30 PM)14th Official Wrote: Pikeville has been doing the same thing with recruiting for decades. I’ve never seen anyone leave them off of rankings because someone doesn’t like it. Lol! The issue is that KY is the only state left that doesn’t have a class system for basketball or baseball. If they did that then you’d be able to do a different type of ranking.

The way Hometown Sports is presenting it they should have a legit list with everyone available to be on it. Otherwise there should be a disclaimer that says “WE TRY TO RANK EVERYONE BUT TEAMS IN OUR LOCAL AREA WILL BE RANKED FIRST. ALSO TEAMS WITH ANY CONNECTION TO HOMETOWN SPORTS WILL ALSO BE RANKED AHEAD OF OTHER TEAMS REGARDLESS OF RECORD!” Haha!
Kentucky has the all A and all AA in both sports which is for the small schools to be able to have their shot. I like the no class especially in basketball because you get to see who really is the best and it’s not as advantageous in basketball as other sports. For example, Lyon County is a super small school but has 5 studs who can compete with anyone in the state. In basketball you don’t need 25 great players like in football. You just need 4 or 5 and you can make a run
(01-10-2024, 01:36 AM)pirateforlife Wrote:
(01-09-2024, 08:30 PM)14th Official Wrote: Pikeville has been doing the same thing with recruiting for decades. I’ve never seen anyone leave them off of rankings because someone doesn’t like it. Lol! The issue is that KY is the only state left that doesn’t have a class system for basketball or baseball. If they did that then you’d be able to do a different type of ranking.

Kentucky has the all A and all AA in both sports which is for the small schools to be able to have their shot. I like the no class especially in basketball because you get to see who really is the best and it’s not as advantageous in basketball as other sports. For example, Lyon County is a super small school but has 5 studs who can compete with anyone in the state. In basketball you don’t need 25 great players like in football. You just need 4 or 5 and you can make a run

I’ve heard that before but at the end of the day one school gets to pick from 2,000 kids and the other gets to pick from 200 enrollment. Yet they play for the same trophy? Nothing about that makes sense.