Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Laurel coach not returning next season
who be frontrunner for this position of football coach at south laurel
Hint, hint, Coach Burns
[-] The following 1 user Likes 64SUR's post:
  • Bull got out!
Hearing Travis Burns is meeting with Irwin and crew at Gondoliers to discuss whats it going to take to bring him back to the gateway of the mountains.
Just saw on Facebook that Burns is taking the job. Great hire for the Cardinals!
(12-12-2023, 03:22 PM)FootballFan1999 Wrote: Just saw on Facebook that Burns is taking the job. Great hire for the Cardinals!
South got a good one, congrats Coach Burns!
Congratulations Coach Burns. What a great decision! Fantastic coach that will lead this team!
(12-12-2023, 03:27 PM)Footballfan1995 Wrote:
(12-12-2023, 03:22 PM)FootballFan1999 Wrote: Just saw on Facebook that Burns is taking the job. Great hire for the Cardinals!
Who is Travis Burns ?
(12-12-2023, 03:42 PM)BUFFALO Wrote:
Who is Travis Burns ?

DC at Boyle Co

(12-12-2023, 03:48 PM)fansville Wrote:
(12-12-2023, 03:42 PM)BUFFALO Wrote:
Who is Travis Burns ?

DC at Boyle Co

I don’t think there is anything to this other than speculation and I honestly can’t see this one happening. If it does happen it would be a home run for the South Laurel program.

Given the level that Burns has had Boyle Co defense playing at I would imagine he could walk into way better situations than South Laurel if he wanted to move to a Head coach role.
Hines
[-] The following 1 user Likes WETSU's post:
  • Deuce8
I couldn't imagine why anyone would want to resign from such an illustrious program like South Laurel.
I thought I heard somewhere that South had a pretty good Middle School Squad, South has everything the RIGHT coach would need to compete facility and student number wise, I guarantee if the RIGHT coach was hired it may take a few years but there is no reason South couldn't have descent program. If those Corbin kids had been wearing the South shade of red they'd have a couple championships, 5A is an easier class to win in than 4A playing behind BC. London is a really nice growing town, great place to build something.
All that NIL money, getting Stoops to influence the KHSAA…..and all you can come up with is a region runner up???? At least South didn’t waste money on players that didn’t produce……
(12-13-2023, 02:11 PM)Corbin Wrote: I couldn't imagine why anyone would want to resign from such an illustrious program like South Laurel.

Financially speaking South is a smarter bet……But when you are all about being a region runner up I guess Corbin is your school.

I don’t think for one second the DC from Boyle is coming, but I do look for a championship level coach!!!

BTW there is another retread head coach available to join the other retreads on the staff at Corbin……I think there are like 4…..plus a couple who were let go by previous schools. Maybe that is why you can only muster a region runner up trophy…..
I believe it will be someone from Boyle County coaching staff. Maybe Burns, Maybe Arnett
Back alley rumor it’s going to be Ballard football coach now.