Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland 2024
For the first time in a long time the Rams come into a season with a question mark at the QB position. In no particular order, Waller, Ison, McKee, and transfer Ayden Cooper from Lewis Co, are all in the mix. What’s everyone’s thoughts on that race?
(04-24-2024, 04:18 PM)ArmChairHC Wrote: For the first time in a long time the Rams come into a season with a question mark at the QB position. In no particular order, Waller, Ison, McKee, and transfer Ayden Cooper from Lewis Co, are all in the mix. What’s everyone’s thoughts on that race?

We've all heard from every coach throughout history that going into the season all positions are there for the taking. But....we all knew that wasn't exactly true.  In this case I think it's a reality that the QB position is up for grabs. I just hope we have a clear standout and don't spend a lot of energy saying what if....It's just hard for a QB to play at a high level if every time things don't go the way we think it should the chatter starts. With the front end of the schedule being what it is I hope the fan base can hold their tongue's, show some maturity, and let the season and the "chosen one" have a chance.  Now then, who will the "chosen one" be?  As usual, I don't have a clue.
(04-25-2024, 06:22 PM)i82much Wrote:
(04-24-2024, 04:18 PM)ArmChairHC Wrote: For the first time in a long time the Rams come into a season with a question mark at the QB position. In no particular order, Waller, Ison, McKee, and transfer Ayden Cooper from Lewis Co, are all in the mix. What’s everyone’s thoughts on that race?

We've all heard from every coach throughout history that going into the season all positions are there for the taking. But....we all knew that wasn't exactly true.  In this case I think it's a reality that the QB position is up for grabs. I just hope we have a clear standout and don't spend a lot of energy saying what if....It's just hard for a QB to play at a high level if every time things don't go the way we think it should the chatter starts. With the front end of the schedule being what it is I hope the fan base can hold their tongue's, show some maturity, and let the season and the "chosen one" have a chance.  Now then, who will the "chosen one" be?  As usual, I don't have a clue.
This is one of those years where a strong running game needs to be developed so the pressure isn’t on the quarterback to carry the team.  Imo a soph or JR needs to be placed in this role so they can be developed for multiple seasons rather than using a senior with limited experience who could be more valuable in another spot.