Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Pikeville 2024
(02-16-2024, 12:38 AM)Big Five-0- Wrote: So glad to see Ironton coming to Hambley this fall. I may be wrong but to my knowledge Pikeville and Ironton has never been scheduled to play except for last fall when either the JR high, or JV played at Hambley. Don't know who won that one. but I was told Ironton had an excellent team.
Ironton had an absolutely electric kid playing QB for them. That game was a great back and forth affair that, if I recall correctly, Pikeville scored a last second TD to get the win. It was a great game for both JV squads in my opinion.
[-] The following 2 users Like Micro-Brew's post:
  • Big Five-0-, jetpilot
(02-19-2024, 12:57 AM)Micro-Brew Wrote:
(02-16-2024, 12:38 AM)Big Five-0- Wrote: So glad to see Ironton coming to Hambley this fall. I may be wrong but to my knowledge Pikeville and Ironton has never been scheduled to play except for last fall when either the JR high, or JV played at Hambley. Don't know who won that one. but I was told Ironton had an excellent team.
Ironton had an absolutely electric kid playing QB for them. That game was a great back and forth affair that, if I recall correctly, Pikeville scored a last second TD to get the win. It was a great game for both JV squads in my opinion.

It was a fantastic game. If I remember correctly Ironton scored with like a minute something left to seemingly win the game but a beautiful throw by Reynolds and catch and run to the end zone by Q Warren won it for Pikeville in the final seconds. Am I remembering it correctly?
[-] The following 2 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • Big Five-0-, Micro-Brew
That’s how I remember it as well JP!
[-] The following 2 users Like Micro-Brew's post:
  • Big Five-0-, jetpilot
Just wonder how many of the JV from each side will start varsity this season. When kickoff starts this season's game, wonder if these young men from both sides will be "fired up and red hot" like its a playoff atmosphere?
(02-05-2024, 04:50 PM)Buffs19 Wrote: I've heard Pikeville got the contract back from Ironton, so the game is set.  One-year deal.  Ironton will be coming to Pikeville. Not sure the date, I've heard 9/27 or 10/4.
This game is nothing new. Been scheduled for awhile, it is 9/27 and not at Pikeville.
(02-19-2024, 09:57 PM)Panther88 Wrote:
(02-05-2024, 04:50 PM)Buffs19 Wrote: I've heard Pikeville got the contract back from Ironton, so the game is set.  One-year deal.  Ironton will be coming to Pikeville. Not sure the date, I've heard 9/27 or 10/4.
This game is nothing new. Been scheduled for awhile, it is 9/27 and not at Pikeville.

You sure it’s not at home?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Can t hardly wait !
(02-19-2024, 11:25 PM)Spud6 Wrote:

You sure it’s not at home?

Well not 100%, but the folks at Ironton sure think it's there, been on there schedule for a long time as home and it's listed as home on schedules that the school is giving out. So pretty good Chance, but I guess they could have screwed up or even the printer
Ironton hasn't released their 2024 schedule yet. Their X (Twitter) account Ironton Football (@FootballIronton) has 4,000 followers and is one of the best HS sites you will find. They posted on Feb. 5th that the schedule release was coming soon:

Ironton Football
@FootballIronton
·
Feb 5
2024 Schedule release coming soon!

#TheToughestTest

The game is at Pikeville on 10/4.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Buffs19's post:
  • jetpilot
I can’t wait to watch this matchup.
[-] The following 1 user Likes papabear02's post:
  • jetpilot
(02-20-2024, 10:59 AM)Buffs19 Wrote:

The game is at Pikeville on 10/4.
Here is the one that is circulating around Ironton. It is over a month ago and could possibly have changed.

Thumbnail(s)

Seem to me they won’t play any Kentucky teams if they aren’t in the confines of their own stadium so I wouldn’t even schedule them according to the last post all Kentucky teams home now we all know they always have a very good team and definitely a challenge for any team but they must not have a passport to come across the river
[-] The following 2 users Like Patriot1's post:
  • Big Five-0-, Fanatic42
Just finished watching a good game on You tube from last season between Ironton and Wheelersburg, OH. Ironton won this first game of last season by a score of 17-14. This was a very competitive game between two good teams. Looks like Ironton loses 18 to graduation, but returns 21 Juniors that will be Seniors this  season. They finished at 11-2 for the season. With 15 Soph. and 18 Freshmen from last season they will surely be a formidable opponent for anyone. With that said, really don't know how much experience will return, but it looks like plenty enough. Just hope the location for the Pikeville game gets cleared up, and really hope its at Pikeville.
99% chance it’s at Pikeville
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Big Five-0-
That itown schedule is incorrect. They are set to play Raceland in 2025. All Racelands games are in the final year of home/home contracts.
Been hearing some good things about a couple young lineman really working hard this offseason.
Make no mistake, games are won upfront.
Can’t wait to see this team on the field come July.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Micro-Brew's post:
  • Big Five-0-
(03-01-2024, 12:24 AM)Micro-Brew Wrote: Been hearing some good things about a couple young lineman really working hard this offseason.
Make no mistake, games are won upfront.
Can’t wait to  see this team on the field come July.
Good to know that talent and experience will return even with the graduating of some excellent Seniors. No doubt there are some heavy lifters in the weight room too.
All the nice facilities and transfers to win little single A titles
(04-05-2024, 12:24 AM)ECU_2010 Wrote: All the nice facilities and transfers to win little single A titles

Lots of Jealously and Envy shining thru in this post ? Pikeville is a Class A School by Enrollment. In Kentucky you can't even play up in Class if wanted to any longer. Pikeville has one of the Toughest Schedules in all of KY no matter what class we're speaking of every year.
[-] The following 3 users Like Fanatic42's post:
  • Big Five-0-, Bull got out!, jetpilot
[Image: https://www.bing.com/th/id/OGC.5ba9ae051...JR0iBdY%3d]
https://media1.giphy.com/media/xTgeJaW5S.../giphy.gif

Boy I'm saving my money on Game 1 lol.... Smile Jett better be picking up cans now.....
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • jetpilot
(04-05-2024, 08:06 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [Image: https://www.bing.com/th/id/OGC.5ba9ae051...JR0iBdY%3d]
https://media1.giphy.com/media/xTgeJaW5S.../giphy.gif

Boy I'm saving my money on Game 1 lol.... Smile Jett better be picking up cans now.....

You better make sure you have enough gas to make it back to the house Bull!
[-] The following 2 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • Big Five-0-, Bull got out!
Corbin folks seem very confident. They have every right to like their team. They should be very good but that first game will have to be earned. Pikeville should also be very good.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Belichick's post:
  • Big Five-0-
Pikeville will give Corbin all it wants and then some. With the experience and studs returning for these Panthers and what Corbin has, it should be a game of playoff proportions.
(04-06-2024, 10:56 AM)Belichick Wrote: Corbin folks seem very confident. They have every right to like their team. They should be very good but that first game will have to be earned. Pikeville should also be very good.
I just like getting the can man an early start. Before everything greens out he should be able to pick up a few bags. I’m arranging an electric scooter to borrow lol. I might be broke lol after this one. Don’t worry, I’m a Pikeville fan as well. But a 0-1 start still means Pikeville is most likely the favorite in 1A. A 1-0 start and Jett will have to buy a new hat to put on that big head! 
He will have to buy my lunch Smile  I’ll be broke and he will have a big bag of money.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • jetpilot
(04-06-2024, 06:08 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(04-06-2024, 10:56 AM)Belichick Wrote: Corbin folks seem very confident. They have every right to like their team. They should be very good but that first game will have to be earned. Pikeville should also be very good.
I just like getting the can man an early start. Before everything greens out he should be able to pick up a few bags. I’m arranging an electric scooter to borrow lol. I might be broke lol after this one. Don’t worry, I’m a Pikeville fan as well. But a 0-1 start still means Pikeville is most likely the favorite in 1A. A 1-0 start and Jett will have to buy a new hat to put on that big head! 
He will have to buy my lunch Smile  I’ll be broke and he will have a big bag of money.

I'll do some extra dumpster diving to get enough cans to buy lunch either way Bull!
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Bull got out!
Way off topic… but I need some info from you Panther ppl! I’m bringing my boy down for a Buchanan camp next weekend. Was wondering where some good fishing spots were down that way. Haven’t fished much I. That part of the state. We will be bank fishing/hiking a bit. Just thought I’d reach out to the Pikeville faithful on a good spot to check out.
(04-25-2024, 10:37 PM)ArmChairHC Wrote: Way off topic… but I need some info from you Panther ppl! I’m bringing my boy down for a Buchanan camp next weekend. Was wondering where some good fishing spots were down that way. Haven’t fished much I. That part of the state. We will be bank fishing/hiking a bit. Just thought I’d reach out to the Pikeville faithful on a good spot to check out.

I worked on the UPike when they built the tower years ago and asked the same thing. I remember a local worker telling me that some huge bass was in city pond in town but it was catch and release only. Or so what he told me back then. That would be the first place I would check out... Smile
(04-25-2024, 10:37 PM)ArmChairHC Wrote: Way off topic… but I need some info from you Panther ppl! I’m bringing my boy down for a Buchanan camp next weekend. Was wondering where some good fishing spots were down that way. Haven’t fished much I. That part of the state. We will be bank fishing/hiking a bit. Just thought I’d reach out to the Pikeville faithful on a good spot to check out.

Pikeville Pong is a good easy location to get into and spend some time and then run into Pikeville and get some good food.  If you want to try your hand and get lost head towards fish trap and hit the river and fish.  All kinds of small mouth bass in that place.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL