Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Indiana 70 - UK 51 (FINAL)
Yeah really, its a good thing he didn't play.
While I am disappointed with the loss. I am not forgetting that we have a new coach, new system with Tubby's players. I will never turn my back on UK like most so called UK fans have.

We will be back, but there will be growing pains along the way....

Have faith and to steal a phrase from the football team....

BELIEVE !!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
bluegrassballa Wrote:Yea. But there are a lot of players that Tubby recruited.

But didn't Tubby win with those players.
alfus21 Wrote:Who else thought Dwight Perry looked better than Michael Porter when he was playing today?
He looked better than Bradley as well.
I will agree that we did look horrible on sat., but we have to remember its still very early in the season. Before we start talking about how bad they suck lets give them time to get over some injuries and adjust to the system, we a very young team and still learning exactly what our coach wants. If we're still playing this bad after the UL game and some SEC games then i will agree. As far as Porter goes it almost looks like he is trying too hard not to mess up, and hes playing bad because of it. It just doesnt appear to me that Bradley or Crawford has a desire to play anymore, yes Bradley still plays hard but its almost like his head isnt in the game. But lets not give up on the Big Blue yet guys, its a long season and we're in a system where you're only as good as you're last game.
Benchwarmer Wrote:But didn't Tubby win with those players.
Tubby had Randolph Morris, Bobby Perry, Sherray Thomas, Jodie Meeks, and Derrick Jasper playing critical minutes. Where are those guys at? 3 are gone,and 2 are out due to injury. All they have is Crawford and Bradley, and that's nothing to write home about. The guys that are having to play now are guys Tubby had as walk-ons at the end of the bench. Due to injuries, UK is forced to play these terrible players such as Porter and Coury. This is not Gillispies fault. If anyone, it's Tubby's fault for getting these less than stellar "athletes". Do you think that Coach G missed that wide open layup for Porter? Do you think he missed those open shots for Crawford and Bradley early in the game? Did he forget to block out and allow offensive rebounds? No, he did not. The fact is, he put the team in position to get good looks at the basket, but his players couldn't finish. That is not the coaches fault. And another thing, it's not like he can bench these players for playing terrible. Who could he put in place of them? It only gets worse if you put a reserve in. Just give Coach G some time to get some actual D-1 type players in. Just wait until next year when Miller and Liggins show up. These 2 will help out more than you think.
BCF4L Wrote:Tubby had Randolph Morris, Bobby Perry, Sherray Thomas, Jodie Meeks, and Derrick Jasper playing critical minutes. Where are those guys at? 3 are gone,and 2 are out due to injury. All they have is Crawford and Bradley, and that's nothing to write home about. The guys that are having to play now are guys Tubby had as walk-ons at the end of the bench. Due to injuries, UK is forced to play these terrible players such as Porter and Coury. This is not Gillispies fault. If anyone, it's Tubby's fault for getting these less than stellar "athletes". Do you think that Coach G missed that wide open layup for Porter? Do you think he missed those open shots for Crawford and Bradley early in the game? Did he forget to block out and allow offensive rebounds? No, he did not. The fact is, he put the team in position to get good looks at the basket, but his players couldn't finish. That is not the coaches fault. And another thing, it's not like he can bench these players for playing terrible. Who could he put in place of them? It only gets worse if you put a reserve in. Just give Coach G some time to get some actual D-1 type players in. Just wait until next year when Miller and Liggins show up. These 2 will help out more than you think.

:rockon:
OffTheHook Wrote:When is the Music City Bowl? lol

That's what I was thinking ...LOL!Big Grin
It hurts to watch this team play....i mean its a joke, to lose to north carloina and indinia two games in a row to me means no heart....those two teams are without a doubt two of kentucky's biggest rivals and to come out and get beat 20 some or so points is awful....besides paterson no one else to me even showed up....
BCF4L Wrote:Tubby had Randolph Morris, Bobby Perry, Sherray Thomas, Jodie Meeks, and Derrick Jasper playing critical minutes. Where are those guys at? 3 are gone,and 2 are out due to injury. All they have is Crawford and Bradley, and that's nothing to write home about. The guys that are having to play now are guys Tubby had as walk-ons at the end of the bench. Due to injuries, UK is forced to play these terrible players such as Porter and Coury. This is not Gillispies fault. If anyone, it's Tubby's fault for getting these less than stellar "athletes". Do you think that Coach G missed that wide open layup for Porter? Do you think he missed those open shots for Crawford and Bradley early in the game? Did he forget to block out and allow offensive rebounds? No, he did not. The fact is, he put the team in position to get good looks at the basket, but his players couldn't finish. That is not the coaches fault. And another thing, it's not like he can bench these players for playing terrible. Who could he put in place of them? It only gets worse if you put a reserve in. Just give Coach G some time to get some actual D-1 type players in. Just wait until next year when Miller and Liggins show up. These 2 will help out more than you think.
Very Nice

:Clap: Great post!
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Uk Has Some Very Good Players , The Coach Has Made Some Very Bad Moves.
Its always the coaches fault.. Rolleyes
Its going to be a bumpy road for the Wildcats this year. They looked flat out terrible that game. Felt more like watching a bunch of middle schoolers play rather than D1 basketball players. The only one that really did anything productive is Patterson. He was the only real scoring threat out there. Kentucky's problem lies in lack of talent. They just dont have anyone for the time being that can make the shots.

I cant figure out for the life of me why Porter even plays. He is a less than mediocore shooter, can not handle the ball, and makes some very questionable passes.

The Wildcat's fate lies in Meeks and Jaspers return IMO. I dont think we'll see any real production from Billy G until he can bleed Tubby's recruits out of the system.
if he dont watch patterson will get fed up and leave too
Great job indiana

:Thumbs: