Hazard
Pendleton County
Lou Ballard
Manual
Bardstown
This list will be growing soon.
anymore openings

shelby valley coach resigned also
SHELBY, COUNTY is on FIRE!!!!!! Job is open to say the least...
(12-08-2023, 10:24 AM)FCSPY Wrote: SHELBY, COUNTY is on FIRE!!!!!! Job is open to say the least...
What’s going on over there? Have heard rumblings, sounds like a mess.
Aside from a major meltdown like criminal charges, scandals, playing ineligible players, redbook, etc I find it hard to believe KY HS football is as High Stakes as many school's fans believe. Are we reallly going to fire a HS coach over wins and losses when so much factors into the school's success let alone their football team?

People need to get a grip on reality. Kentucky as a whole has a lot of problems to fix in education and society as a whole so firing these coaches is irresponsible by admins and parents mad about their baby's career might need to schedule a conference with their student's teachers.

On the flip side... coaches "resigning" from one post just to apply somewhere else is absolutely bogus

my .02
[-] The following 1 user Likes Runnin' Clock's post:
  • IAM22
Todd County Central is open. Seems like they always have some talented athletes down there, but just can never seem to put it together to equate to any real team success. I glanced through the last 10 years of schedules & it looked like their best season was 2019 with 6 wins, but even that year it was 1-4 in district play & first rd playoff exit.

District has Owensboro Catholic in it so that's always a tough go, but should be able to compete with the other teams in the district for runner-up (Edmonson Co & For Campbell) .
(12-08-2023, 01:07 PM)Runnin' Clock Wrote: Aside from a major meltdown like criminal charges, scandals, playing ineligible players, redbook, etc I find it hard to believe KY HS football is as High Stakes as many school's fans believe. Are we reallly going to fire a HS coach over wins and losses when so much factors into the school's success let alone their football team?

People need to get a grip on reality. Kentucky as a whole has a lot of problems to fix in education and society as a whole so firing these coaches is irresponsible by admins and parents mad about their baby's career might need to schedule a conference with their student's teachers.

On the flip side... coaches "resigning" from one post just to apply somewhere else is absolutely bogus

my .02

Just so we're clear.  Coaches shouldn't be fired nor should they resign?
Fairview has hired Alex Roy to be their next head coach. He played at Fairview and there’s a good article in the ADI if anyone is interested. Hopefully he can bring some much need stability to the Eagles program.
(12-08-2023, 01:07 PM)Runnin' Clock Wrote: Aside from a major meltdown like criminal charges, scandals, playing ineligible players, redbook, etc I find it hard to believe KY HS football is as High Stakes as many school's fans believe. Are we reallly going to fire a HS coach over wins and losses when so much factors into the school's success let alone their football team?

my .02

Shelby county has a taste of all that from what I hear.
East Jessamine began interviews today.
(12-08-2023, 05:23 PM)HSFOOTBALL Wrote:
(12-08-2023, 01:07 PM)Runnin' Clock Wrote: Aside from a major meltdown like criminal charges, scandals, playing ineligible players, redbook, etc I find it hard to believe KY HS football is as High Stakes as many school's fans believe. Are we reallly going to fire a HS coach over wins and losses when so much factors into the school's success let alone their football team?

my .02

Just so we're clear.  Coaches shouldn't be fired nor should they resign?

Coaches definitely should be fired (I gave some criteria) and coaches absolutely can resign (but doing so to apply for a lateral move during same off-season is wishy-washy) just my opinion
South Laurel coach not returning

my .02
I can tell you unequivocally that it happens. I can also tell you that many of the resignations you see are due to the fact a person is told the school is moving in a different direction and they give the coach the chance to resign.  Let a HC tick off the wrong people and see how fast he and his staff are looking for new spots.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lone Ranger's post:
  • Bull got out!
St. Henry in NKY (2A) is starting football in 2024 (JV Level), 2025 Varsity, Heard a name of thats interested from NKY. If that is their choice and its true, it will create a domino of job openings.
(12-18-2023, 02:19 PM)plantmanky Wrote: St. Henry in NKY (2A) is starting football in 2024 (JV Level), 2025 Varsity,  Heard a name of thats interested from NKY.  If that is their choice and its true, it will create a domino of job openings.

Tim Odom just got named.
(12-18-2023, 03:45 PM)FootballFan1999 Wrote:
(12-18-2023, 02:19 PM)plantmanky Wrote: St. Henry in NKY (2A) is starting football in 2024 (JV Level), 2025 Varsity,  Heard a name of thats interested from NKY.  If that is their choice and its true, it will create a domino of job openings.

Tim Odom just got named.

Theres a name I havent heard in a long time.  Interesting higher but more than qualified.