Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hot Takes for 6A 2024
Congrats to Trinity! 6A is a grind and whoever comes out the other end deserves the spoils. Post your hot takes for next season. Teams rising or falling? Players to watch? Predictions?
Frederick Douglass made the move to 6A this year. They proved that they were for real and played the eventual champion to the wire. Very easily could have been the 6A Champion this year. I am a FD fan and especially with this coach at the helm. 

Trinity looks to have found the winning combination. Trinity is always in the conversation. 

ST X no doubt is right there. 

Male is right there..

Bullitt East had a great year after a Championship season and should be alot better as experience is gained. 

Bryan Station is trending up based on this year. They made some noise in 2023. 

Ballard no doubt played some high level football.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • 16BBall Fan
Zane Johnson will continue to be good enough to mask Coach Cobb's inadequacies on offense.

The man makes a great defensive coordinator, but the administration got lazy by just promoting him to head coach instead of looking for the right man for the job.
[-] The following 1 user Likes CarzyRock's post:
  • Bull got out!
Cobb is a great coach and well deserving of his state title win …. 6A is a meat grinder and the schedule T plays is pretty solid …. I know not a lot of people like him at T but I think he done a fantastic job with a 15 yr. Old freshman QB at the helm …..

(12-03-2023, 11:42 PM)CarzyRock Wrote: Zane Johnson will continue to be good enough to mask Coach Cobb's inadequacies on offense.

The man makes a great defensive coordinator, but the administration got lazy by just promoting him to head coach instead of looking for the right man for the job.
Pretty stupid comment about a man who just won the 6a state championship! With a 15 yr old freshmen……lmfao
Jay Cobb is a moron, he was just too polite to say it. Big difference coaching at Knott County, Somerset, and Campbellsville compared to THS. Jay Cobb can maintain, but he can't build like Beatty did. The handlers have swung back to Shelbyville Rd., interesting to see if Poplar Level can claw out some studs.

Rumors of Wolfe retiring, Douglass should press forward, Manual hire a JCPS guy? Ballard back to reality, Station looking good.

All I know is polio must be fuming that his elite special school can't keep athletes. How long until JCPS gets all turf fields?
Does Great Crossing submit their efforts to overthrow McKee and Scott Co. and just focus on Basketball? To me the kids were there for the taking and the GC staff just kind of didn't put in the effort to go after the players. Coach McKee continues to run the Wing T. I love the Wing T, but I would be surprised if many 15-18 yr old kids find it attractive. I would have thought that GC could have sold a more exciting play style a brand new school and crazy facilities and been able to build a very competitive team as wide open as 6a has been. It seems like they kind of gave up on the football side of things and put their focus on getting the best basketball talent in the city.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HSFOOTBALL's post:
  • 16BBall Fan
(12-05-2023, 11:12 AM)HSFOOTBALL Wrote: Does Great Crossing submit their efforts to overthrow McKee and Scott Co. and just focus on Basketball? To me the kids were there for the taking and the GC staff just kind of didn't put in the effort to go after the players.  Coach McKee continues to run the Wing T. I love the Wing T, but I would be surprised if many 15-18 yr old kids find it attractive. I would have thought that GC could have sold a more exciting play style a brand-new school and crazy facilities and been able to build a very competitive team as wide open as 6a has been. It seems like they kind of gave up on the football side of things and put their focus on getting the best basketball talent in the city.
Plus, Scott is opening up a brand-new high school next year, with a state-of-the-art Fieldhouse, will have their own home field for the first time in 30+years. JV team and 9th team both went undefeated and most of this year's team is returning so they are going to continue too dominant Great Crossing. Great Crossing tries to sell that they spread the ball around, but Scott actually passes the ball more than they do. Kids like to win, after next year Scott will be back on top in basketball also.
Jay Cobb is an opportunist. Moron is maybe a little strong but I get where that comes from. I was shocked they made him head coach and without the title this year, he’s back to coaching elsewhere. No doubt they’re the team to beat again next season.

That said, the most interesting teams for me to see what happens going forward will be Bryan Station and Bullitt East. Just to see if they can build on the foundation they’ve laid or be a flash in the pan.
[-] The following 2 users Like DangerMouse's post:
  • BEChargers, Gitback Coach
Two more years until all JCPS artificial surface fields are installed.

Rumors Wallace is nearing the end of his coaching run at St. Xavier. Manual has opened up their coaching search. If Wolfe does get out, that will set Male back. Ballard is getting a new coach. All of these changes could work in Trinity's favor. The RPI worked well this year for Trinity once they were #4 overall and number 1 on "our side" of the commonwealth. Four home playoff games were a real treat and home field is great advantage. I know Male/Bullitt East district plays Trinity's district in the first two rounds next year and thus are lumped in "our side" of the state. I am not sure if winner represents side 1 or side 2 in 2024. Trinity will be tested early, opening with Bryan Station, followed by Frederick Douglass.
[-] The following 2 users Like thsrocks's post:
  • 16BBall Fan, Bull got out!
(12-05-2023, 06:09 PM)thsrocks Wrote: Two more years until all JCPS artificial surface fields are installed.

Rumors Wallace is nearing the end of his coaching run at St. Xavier. Manual has opened up their coaching search. If Wolfe does get out, that will set Male back. Ballard is getting a new coach. All of these changes could work in Trinity's favor. The RPI worked well this year for Trinity once they were #4 overall and number 1 on "our side" of the commonwealth. Four home playoff games were a real treat and home field is great advantage. I know Male/Bullitt East district plays Trinity's district in the first two rounds next year and thus are lumped in "our side" of the state. I am not sure if winner represents side 1 or side 2 in 2024. Trinity will be tested early, opening with Bryan Station, followed by Frederick Douglass.

First the JCPS turf: Interesting how JCPS is just now investing in turf fields as NFL and NCAA teams shift back to grass due to injuries. JCPS is always catching up to the curve and the only people who suffer are the students and student athletes. In my opinion, Male's field looked the best I can remember in some time while Fern Creek, PRP, Waggener, and a few others have stellar grass fields. I wouldn't want to prefer turf with those kind of grass surfaces. I can't figure out the decision making so I'll just leave it alone. A lot of needs in the district before focusing on playing surfaces - JMO

I've also heard these rumors about Wallace at X and Wolfe at Male. I just doubt that happens this offseason for either team. This changes could work in Trinity's favor but I've never seen such a ho-hum attitude about winning a state title as I have from Trinity fans. Are y'all that bittersweet that Cobb got a ring for the program? I even heard one "fan" say anybody could have won one or two during this Cobb era. IDK what it is about the guy that grinds y'alls gears but he certainly has enemies who spare no expense to publicly shame his abilities. 

Trinity winning State with a freshman QB and a junior like Lynn and other young skill guys does not bode well for the rest of 6A. I love the district pairings rotating so X and Manual will matchup against NKY next year leaving T, Ballard, Male, Bullitt East, and dare I say Fern Creek takes a step up next year. 2nd place in your district could mean a trip to Male or Trinity in round 2 and a likely end to your season. But anything can happen here. 

Who is going to step up in WKY? When is the Christian County / Hoptown merger happening?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Runnin' Clock's post:
  • Deuce8
Cobb was handed the position. No other candidates were considered. I feel this aggravated the situation. Not Coach Cobb's fault. Season one under Coach Cobb, record 6-7 and season two record 8-5, were not expected. Losing to St. Xavier and Male those first two seasons was tough on the team, etc. I admit winning 15 of 21 (Beatty's accomplishment) with two runners-up spoiled the fan base. Trinity now has won 28 state titles in 55 seasons. So high expectations are the norm.
[-] The following 1 user Likes thsrocks's post:
  • Deuce8
(12-07-2023, 08:52 PM)thsrocks Wrote: Cobb was handed the position. No other candidates were considered. I feel this aggravated the situation. Not Coach Cobb's fault. Season one under Coach Cobb, record 6-7 and season two record 8-5, were not expected. Losing to St. Xavier and Male those first two seasons was tough on the team, etc. I admit winning 15 of 21 (Beatty's accomplishment) with two runners-up spoiled the fan base. Trinity now has won 28 state titles in 55 seasons. So high expectations are the norm.

This might be one of the more level-headed responses I've ever read from a T supporter. Cheers
(12-07-2023, 08:52 PM)thsrocks Wrote: Cobb was handed the position. No other candidates were considered. I feel this aggravated the situation. Not Coach Cobb's fault. Season one under Coach Cobb, record 6-7 and season two record 8-5, were not expected. Losing to St. Xavier and Male those first two seasons was tough on the team, etc. I admit winning 15 of 21 (Beatty's accomplishment) with two runners-up spoiled the fan base. Trinity now has won 28 state titles in 55 seasons. So high expectations are the norm.
Wow….. that is insane to even fathom….. 28 State Championships in 55 seasons….. The bar is set very very high ….Cobb will be fine he is a great coach .
Not expected by who? 2020 team graduated every starter on both sides of the ball. The only returner who played at all was RB Armon Tucker and he was hurt most of the 2021 season. 

Anyone with any sense would’ve known a big drop off in talent and depth was coming in 2021 and 2022. But the difficulty of the schedule was unchanged. Coach Beatty retired when he did for a reason.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MakeDefGreatAgain's post:
  • Deuce8
Bump
No particular order.. T, Male, St. X