Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Hot takes for 1A for 2024
(12-04-2023, 03:23 PM)2000PHS Wrote:
(12-04-2023, 01:41 PM)Puncheon Creek Wrote:
(12-04-2023, 01:34 PM)2000PHS Wrote:
(12-04-2023, 12:15 PM)Puncheon Creek Wrote:
(12-04-2023, 11:50 AM)2000PHS Wrote: Paintsville will set the stage for a reemergence in 25,26.
Woah  Not going to happen. middle school didn't win a game. will be a long time before paintsville will reemerge
Do you live just to troll Paintsville threads. We get it, you aren’t a fan.
Nope i state facts and your reubtle is to call me a troll. If i was a troll id be over on the girls basketball forum talking about that mess. Just dont get you Paintsville people and the perfect blue world you live in. Come on dude 6-6 the last three years and middle school cant win a game = reemergence. Sounds like you might be the head coach or an admin
No, you state opinions, just like the rest of us. However, it appears you love to pounce on Paintsville at every opportunity. 

You do realize that in 1A it doesn’t take a major leap to be relevant? Paintsville has good young talent and if other pieces can come together, they will be a solid team. In 1A it is Pikeville and the rest, so it’s not like we have to worry about 7-8 contenders every year.

I have been on this site a long time and if you did a little research you will see I am far from “perfect blue world” I have been very critical of my Tigers when I felt it was needed.
Fact: 6-6 the last three years 
Fact: Middle school lost every game this year and it wasnt close
You even doubt it yourself in your post " If other pieces can come together". Better worry about keeping that talented young talent. I know a couple of those daddies be looking elsewhere. Didnt deny your are head coach or admin but since you have been on this site a "long time" that eliminates head coach. I am willing to bet you are admin. But regardless, 1A belongs to Pikeville. you couldnt combine teams in that district and compete with Pikeville.
(12-04-2023, 05:08 PM)Puncheon Creek Wrote:
(12-04-2023, 12:15 PM)Puncheon Creek Wrote: Woah  Not going to happen. middle school didn't win a game. will be a long time before paintsville will reemerge
Nope i state facts and your reubtle is to call me a troll. If i was a troll id be over on the girls basketball forum talking about that mess. Just dont get you Paintsville people and the perfect blue world you live in. Come on dude 6-6 the last three years and middle school cant win a game = reemergence. Sounds like you might be the head coach or an admin
No, you state opinions, just like the rest of us. However, it appears you love to pounce on Paintsville at every opportunity. 

You do realize that in 1A it doesn’t take a major leap to be relevant? Paintsville has good young talent and if other pieces can come together, they will be a solid team. In 1A it is Pikeville and the rest, so it’s not like we have to worry about 7-8 contenders every year.

I have been on this site a long time and if you did a little research you will see I am far from “perfect blue world” I have been very critical of my Tigers when I felt it was needed.
You even doubt it yourself in your post " If other pieces can come together". Better worry about keeping that talented young talent. I know a couple of those daddies be looking elsewhere. Didnt deny your are head coach or admin but since you have been on this site a "long time" that eliminates head coach. I am willing to bet you are admin. But regardless, 1A belongs to Pikeville. you couldnt combine teams in that district and compete with Pikeville.
I don’t understand your combative nature towards Paintsville football, and I guess I don’t have to. Nobody said it would be easy but it’s not impossible to become relevant in 1A with a few solid players and a decent supporting cast.
Just another JC daddy with a couple posts or another account to bash on the regular as usual. Too bad the kid from JC couldn’t even get off scout team at UK and is in the portal or still doing woodworking in Floyd co but hey, whatever makes you happy
[-] The following 1 user Likes TigerBlues's post:
  • jetpilot
(12-04-2023, 12:15 PM)Puncheon Creek Wrote: Woah  Not going to happen. middle school didn't win a game. will be a long time before paintsville will reemerge

Idk why you keep bringing up middle school football. It’s irrelevant and doesn’t amount to shit when those kids are Juniors & Seniors in high school. We won maybe 4 games total when we were in middle school. Fast forward to my junior year, 11-3 Class A Region 4 Champs, State Semi-Finalist (4 Class system). Senior year 8-4.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
[-] The following 1 user Likes Redneck's post:
  • jetpilot
(12-05-2023, 01:39 AM)TigerBlues Wrote: Just another JC daddy with a couple posts or another account to bash on the regular as usual. Too bad the kid from JC couldn’t even get off scout team at UK and is in the portal or still doing woodworking in Floyd co but hey, whatever makes you happy
Haha TB for the kill shot lol
PHS2000 Redneck and TB are straight shooters on here, their posts are 99.9% of the time right on the money
[-] The following 2 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • 2000PHS, pjdoug
Oh no the Paintsville Mafia has showed up. They surely arent messaging each saying this guy is poking holes in our perfect blue world, we must unite. Probably an admin and a few of their old friends. Fact is that school is on a downward spiral. Yes I bring up middle school because it is relative in the fact you dont have the talent in the feeder system to grow. Sure you have a few talented freshmen, i will give you that. From juniors down to 7th grade, those kids have never had winning season. Yet they are going to remerge as contenders. Not so fast my friend, there aint no mega class transfering there anytime in the near future.
Any chance of the return of Smokin' Joe Chirico? I'm not sure of the status in Clark Co, and granted they have never really been good at football but they have way to many resources and facilities to not be competitive. With a basketball team that lives in the sweet sixteen there has to be some pressure to put those multi million dollar new stadium and facilities to use. It one time not long ago GRC was the largest 6a public school in the state of Kentucky and is a very short drive from the Douglass side of Lexington.
(12-05-2023, 10:25 AM)Puncheon Creek Wrote: Oh no the Paintsville Mafia has showed up.  They surely arent messaging each saying this guy is poking holes in our perfect blue world, we must unite. Probably an admin and a few of their old friends.  Fact is that school is on a downward spiral. Yes I bring up middle school because it is relative in the fact you dont have the talent in the feeder system to grow. Sure you have a few talented freshmen, i will give you that. From juniors down to 7th grade, those kids have never had winning season. Yet they are going to remerge as contenders. Not so fast my friend, there aint no mega class transfering there anytime in the near future.
I’m sure people said the same thing about us when we were in middle school. Hell we only won one game my 8th grade year and that was a forfeit lol. 

I do agree, I don’t see any transfers coming in. We all hear rumors, just like the one you posted earlier about some young talent leaving PHS, I’ve heard that same rumor. I’ve also heard rumors of some young talent leaving JC cause of the daddy ball issues in the youth programs and even some at the varsity level. All hearsay. We’ll see what happens.
(12-05-2023, 10:25 AM)Puncheon Creek Wrote: Oh no the Paintsville Mafia has showed up.  They surely arent messaging each saying this guy is poking holes in our perfect blue world, we must unite. Probably an admin and a few of their old friends.  Fact is that school is on a downward spiral. Yes I bring up middle school because it is relative in the fact you dont have the talent in the feeder system to grow. Sure you have a few talented freshmen, i will give you that. From juniors down to 7th grade, those kids have never had winning season. Yet they are going to remerge as contenders. Not so fast my friend, there aint no mega class transfering there anytime in the near future.
Paintsville’s enrollment numbers are up, bud. School is far from a “downward spiral.” Athletics at a 1A school are going to have natural ebbs and flows of talent. 1A isn’t what it was with 4 classes. Paintsville can and will be relevant again with time. 

Also, Jet welcome to the Paintsville Mafia hahaha

(12-05-2023, 10:34 AM)HSFOOTBALL Wrote: Any chance of the return of Smokin' Joe Chirico?  I'm not sure of the status in Clark Co, and granted they have never really been good at football but they have way to many resources and facilities to not be competitive.  With a basketball team that lives in the sweet sixteen there has to be some pressure to put those multi million dollar new stadium and facilities to use.  It one time not long ago GRC was the largest 6a public school in the state of Kentucky and is a very short drive from the Douglass side of Lexington.
 Never say never but no. GRC being close to Lexington is hurting more than it is helping GRC.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 2000PHS's post:
  • jetpilot
Losing RB Kalen Washington to Station was killer this past season, and then their top back went down with injury shortly into the season. Chirico and Co. just gotta keep the system and programs chugging, GRC looks like a football team now.

As for the upcoming season, Pikeville will hold up the pointer finger once more to begin the season and should have no issues. Campbellsville and Sayre are likely the next tier of programs to follow the Panthers.

Paris returns a lot, and gets back QB Kayden Frederick. Two NKY teams to keep tabs on are Newport and Ludlow. Lou. Holy Cross will also have something to say about the middle of the pack.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nations Elite's post:
  • Redneck
Pikeville will win the next 3 state championships in 1A (2024-2026).

Fact: JC 8th grade this past season lost to Breathitt county, Raceland, Pikeville, Hazard, etc. most of those games you all weren’t competitive either. 

Fact: You all play in a really, really weak high school district outside of playing Ashland. 

Fact: You all with numbers higher than some 5A schools couldn’t even beat Pikeville. 

Fact: JC 6th grade team went 0-10 and lost to teams that Paintsville beat by 4 touchdowns.  

Fact: You’re an ex Paintsville alumni that nobody likes at JC or Paintsville and you’ve made accounts on here for years acting like a 10 year old. Ain’t that right Gargamel? I’d say you still watch kid cartoons as childish as you are.
Middlesboro loses a lot, going to be fielding a whole slew of young kids. They do return some lineman and defensive starters but not many. It’s going to be an interesting road forward. I look for them to win or be second in the district next year behind Williamsburg.
With Dudley being on the hill and the middle school being a dumpster fire. Middlesboro will be an average-above average team with Region being as far as we will go.
Pikeville has 1A in a chokehold and until they let go they’ll dominate it every year.
Mboro has an absolute stud at the MS level. Can’t remember his name. Very skilled RB. They need to hold onto him. Sky is the limit for that young man.
Hearing whispers that Mike Holcomb might be taking the job at Hazard.
(12-06-2023, 11:47 AM)Buffs19 Wrote: Hearing whispers that Mike Holcomb might be taking the job at Hazard.
That would be a good hire for them. Possibly get the fire back in the program.
(12-06-2023, 11:47 AM)Buffs19 Wrote: Hearing whispers that Mike Holcomb might be taking the job at Hazard.
That would be a great hire for Hazard IMO. A hire like that could attract some other local talent to the program, and keep that talented 8th grade group together.
Any chance Beechwood or Mayfield drop in the realignment coming up?
(12-06-2023, 02:19 PM)Real Badman Wrote: Any chance Beechwood or Mayfield drop in the realignment coming up?
I highly doubt that.  According the the chart that the KHSAA uses to classify for football both of those schools appear to be right in the middle of 2A in terms of enrollment. Also bad news for anyone hoping to see Pikeville go to 2A is that they are a bit away from moving up in terms of enrollment.  Refer to the link below for the exact numbers.

https://khsaa.org/football/realignment/2...lments.pdf
Thanks OB, for attaching the link. Appears O Cath is very close to dropping to 1A. That could make things interesting. I'm curious if WEB Dubois will have the numbers to stay in 2A because if they don't, they will not be able to elect to play up in 2025. Also, there's always the possibility that some of the lower enrollment schools elect to go non-district play, which would take them out of the equation. Regardless, better enjoy 2024 because things could change drastically in 2025.

Something else I noticed while looking at the link, looks like Belfry will be 2A starting in 2025 due to the removal of the option to elect to play up. 2A will be stacked like 4A.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Buffs19's post:
  • Orange Blaze
I’m curious….

Is there any thing to the fact that Belfry has dropped in numbers while Pikeville has continued to steadily rise in numbers? I’m not just speaking in football terms I’m speaking from a school wide standpoint. The pirates had a strong hold on Pike County for a good while, to the point that Pikeville beating them meant something. Now it seems to have shifted the other way around and while Belfry isn’t the Belfry of old, Pikeville seems to be stronger year in and year out than they were when Belfry was on their run. No im not talking about transfers and crap either. Just seems like Belfry is losing STUDENTS, not just atheletes, to other schools.
(12-06-2023, 06:34 PM)ArmChairHC Wrote: I’m curious….

Is there any thing to the fact that Belfry has dropped in numbers while Pikeville has continued to steadily rise in numbers? I’m not just speaking in football terms I’m speaking from a school wide standpoint. The pirates had a strong hold on Pike County for a good while, to the point that Pikeville beating them meant something. Now it seems to have shifted the other way around and while Belfry isn’t the Belfry of old, Pikeville seems to be stronger year in and year out than they were when Belfry was on their run. No im not talking about transfers and crap either. Just seems like Belfry is losing STUDENTS, not just atheletes, to other schools.
Alot of those WV kids are staying in WV now, especially now that David Jones took over at Mingo.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Redneck's post:
  • BlackcatAlum

A lot of it has to do with the coal industry’s decline. As a whole Pike CO’s population has been on a decline for quite sometime, the economy just isn’t what it once was. The city of Pikeville is a little protected from that due to the huge medical center and the University. There’s always new people moving in or around the city and most try to get their children in the Pikeville school system. But like Redneck noted Belfry isn’t getting as many WV kids. Pikeville has actually gotten a couple of those kids and also gotten a few kids the last few years that would’ve been Pirates which never used to happen.
I forgot about Jones going to Mingo
Pikeville could easily be in 2A, but they cap their enrollment and will always remain in class A.

They’ve got it all figured out and have it going on right now. I applaud it.
(12-06-2023, 10:09 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: Pikeville could easily be in 2A, but they cap their enrollment and will always remain in class A.

They’ve got it all figured out and have it going on right now. I applaud it.
Pikeville does have it going on right now for sure. I would like to see them in 2A just for competitive purposes. Seriously they may win the next 10 titles if they remain in 1A. The teams in 1A who could even hang within 3 td of them this season will be much worse next season. Mayfield and Beechwood done it and are still top 5 teams there too. Douglass done it this season going from 5a to 6a. Anthony will not be stopped by anyone in 1A. He’s the best player in EKY.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pirateforlife's post:
  • BlackcatAlum

Your team's run is  over and all downhill from here. Paintsville is on the rise Big Grin

Fact: Paintsville will get some transfers from your mediocre school and start competing again Smile
(12-06-2023, 08:41 AM)Bud_Bundy Wrote:
(12-04-2023, 01:34 PM)2000PHS Wrote: Do you live just to troll Paintsville threads. We get it, you aren’t a fan.

Fact: JC 8th grade this past season lost to Breathitt county, Raceland, Pikeville, Hazard, etc. most of those games you all weren’t competitive either. 

Fact: You all play in a really, really weak high school district outside of playing Ashland. 

Fact: You all with numbers higher than some 5A schools couldn’t even beat Pikeville. 

Fact: JC 6th grade team went 0-10 and lost to teams that Paintsville beat by 4 touchdowns.  

Fact: You’re an ex Paintsville alumni that nobody likes at JC or Paintsville and you’ve made accounts on here for years acting like a 10 year old. Ain’t that right Gargamel? I’d say you still watch kid cartoons as childish as you are.
I love cartoons. I'm sad that you don't Smile

Losing students to West Virginia where they came from.