Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The "REED" in Reed Sheppard (Good article)
Here's a really good read, no pun intended.  How could Stacy's kid not be good? He plays so much like she did, and she was a star, all the way back to her Laurel Co. days.

Even with his famous lineage, it would be hard to script a better start to Reed Sheppard‘s college career than what is currently unfolding in Lexington. The son of Kentucky Basketball greats Jeff and Stacey Sheppard leads the nation in true field goal percentage (87.2), 3-point percentage (63.3), and overall plus/minus (+17.4 per game) through seven games, all as the Wildcats’ sixth/seventh man. As Reed stepped into the spotlight for an injured DJ Wagner on Tuesday to lead No. 12 Kentucky to a 95-73 thumping of No. 8 Miami, the college basketball world buzzed about the legacy kid from Eastern Kentucky, a story almost too good to be true.

Read more here:

https://www.on3.com/teams/kentucky-wildc...asketball/

I love the "Hello, Dick!"  story. lol

A couple of questions for Grandma Bear. I know you coached basketball. Did you ever coach against any of Stacey's teams at Laurel Co? Also, did you know Roy Bowling?

Stacey joined the 8th grade team as a FIRST-GRADER... WOW!!!!
That's a wonderful article!! Stacey was a little behind my coaching time and I never had to pleasure of watching her play. I have a feeling I would've loved to see that!! My daughter started on the 5-6th grade team when she was in second grade. She was already the tallest player even at that age.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • Old School Hound