Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teas A&M Coaching Search
Per The Athletic, Mark Stoops is on the list of candidates. I don't think it's a good fit because the areas that he and A&M recruit don't have any overlap, but I did think that it was an interesting development. Leading names for A&M are Lance Leiopold (Kansas), Mike Elko (Duke), and Chris Klieman (Kansas State). There was previous mention of Jeff Traylor (UTSA) and he'd had an interview with them late last week/earlier this week, but I think things have cooled off and he's seen as a safety candidate at best. 

I think Leiopold is the best name on the list for Texas A&M, but I also think he's a northern guy, and an opening like Michigan State would be a better fit for him.
They announced this on College Game Day. I immediately thought about Corbin's twins, and whether or not they would follow Stoops. He has, after all, put out a big effort for them.
So much for my thoughts on the Michigan State job. We can cross that angle off any of our hypotheticals. Didn't see them luring Oregon State's coach away from his alma mater, but can also see what he was thinking given their conference situation.