Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Cooper
22.22%
Bowling Green
77.78%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cooper vs Bowling Green (5A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP) 12/2 - 8PM
Rematch of the 2012 title game. 

Who you got?
[-] The following 1 user Likes KnoxvillesFinest's post:
  • Bull got out!
Bowling Green.
Bowling Green 35-14
Bowling Green !!!
Going cooper
Need to block Cooper linebackers. They are big studs
I got Cooper in this one total points score over 77+
I have been on this Bowling Green band wagon ever since they had a great 1st quarter against Frederick Douglass last year in the championship game. I think they finish what they started. But if Cooper scores in the 70s like 64 says, then yeah, Cooper may be hard to handle if they score that much..
I got Cooper. No quit in their game; a mobile and deadly accurate quarterback along with a coaching staff that exploits weaknesses in the opposition.
BG 2 tds
I really like what Cooper has done this season and knocking off Highlands in Cakeland inaugurates them into my HOFT (hall of favorite teams). The turnaround in results against Scott Co from last year's playoff game to this year was a real eye opener. Most doubters didn't think they could stop the run and they proved themselves worthy against three really good run teams in a row. Now, they will have another wrench thrown into the quest for a ring. Can the Cooper staff get the defense to switch gears mentality and physically to stop the all-out air attack of the Purples? I think it can be done and I'll be rooting for the Jaguars, but I feel Bowling Green will extract off the experience from the 2022 title game and use it to their advantage for the win.

Prediction:
Bowling Green by 7 in a shootout, say.... 38-31
Cooper has arguably the most complete football player in the state in Austin Alexander. He can make Deuce Bailey's night really uncomfortable and he's great offensively too. I'm not sure how BG matches up with him on either side of the ball. Both teams have great quarterbacks. I think Cooper is the favorite because of Alexander. I think he can cause a lot of problems for the Purples offense, whether that be holding penalties, pressuring Bailey, TFL, etc.

Cooper wins, 38-35.