Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mayfield
74.29%
Owensboro Catholic
25.71%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield vs Owensboro Catholic (2A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP) 12/1 - 4PM
Ocath 2 tds
(11-30-2023, 12:03 PM)Redbird Believer Wrote: 2,916... that's how many days have passed since the last time Mayfield won state. 2019 we had the game won and made a silly false start. Last year doinked an XP. I'm hoping we can steam roll the Aces, but if not then I'm hoping we can be on the opposite side of the fluke and finally get back in the win column. Kroger hasn't been our friend, it's like they've got a thing or two against red and black, specifically cardinals.

Good stuff..... at least it's the Aces in green not the Bell Co, Betsy Layne, Breathitt Co, Gallatin Co, Franklin-Simpson, or Shelby Valley "Cats" in blue knowing how the UK vs UL game played out last week
(11-30-2023, 12:23 PM)I’m AverageJoe Wrote: Ocath 2 tds
Average Joe, under average prediction. Comical. No shot Ocath takes it by 2 TD’s.
In 2019, it changed quickly when we lost Neely. He was the most dynamic weapon we had that year.
(11-29-2023, 08:14 PM)mysonis55 Wrote:
(11-29-2023, 10:41 AM)Shondue Wrote:
(11-28-2023, 08:42 PM)mysonis55 Wrote: Can anyone tell me why OC left #9 off the roster they turned into KHSAA for the championship?  He definitely plays on offense and defense. Kinda smells funny.
 I believe #9 had a jersey malfunction during the Somerset game and hade to change jerseys at halftime. Probably stayed with the replacement jersey for the championship game. Atwell is the real deal, would like to see Mayfield win it, but I think OC is just to balanced this year.
Thank you for info. But, we are gonna win. They aren’t any more balanced than PT or LCA. We are more balanced. Check the stats. It’s gonna be in the range of 42-21 Mayfield.
I hope you get your hind end smoked again Smile
Not a thing wrong with a fanbase being confident about their team. To be fair, one guy was way off on the PT game, so I'd stop using them as a reference.  Smile 
I was always afraid I'd put the kibosh on my favorite team if I talked them up. I think OCath is the real deal and if all intangibles play out fairly equal, I have Mayfield winning by 7. It's high school football so anything can happen, but I'd be quite surprised if either team won by more than 2 TDs without a large turnover differential. I believe Mayfield's ability to run the ball better than OCath will give them the advantage they need to win. Only 15 hours until kickoff..... woohoo! Go Big Red!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Glory_Days's post:
  • Silverback
Brady Atwell is a stud for OC, but their road to this point has been basically a cakewalk. The really haven't been tested since September. Mayfield is tested, they've went through a gauntlet these last few weeks, and I think they take the hardware back to home.

Mayfield wins, 35-21.
(11-30-2023, 10:37 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-28-2023, 08:42 PM)mysonis55 Wrote: Can anyone tell me why OC left #9 off the roster they turned into KHSAA for the championship?  He definitely plays on offense and defense. Kinda smells funny.
 I believe #9 had a jersey malfunction during the Somerset game and hade to change jerseys at halftime. Probably stayed with the replacement jersey for the championship game. Atwell is the real deal, would like to see Mayfield win it, but I think OC is just to balanced this year.
Thank you for info. But, we are gonna win. They aren’t any more balanced than PT or LCA. We are more balanced. Check the stats. It’s gonna be in the range of 42-21 Mayfield.
I hope you get your hind end smoked again :)

And I hope you get out of mom’s basement today and go enjoy the weather.
(12-01-2023, 12:02 PM)mysonis55 Wrote:

I don't have a basement, but I'd thoroughly enjoy this rainy weather if this migraine would go away. Go Aces! Have a safe trip if you're in Lexington.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • mysonis55
(12-01-2023, 01:54 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-29-2023, 10:41 AM)Shondue Wrote:  I believe #9 had a jersey malfunction during the Somerset game and hade to change jerseys at halftime. Probably stayed with the replacement jersey for the championship game. Atwell is the real deal, would like to see Mayfield win it, but I think OC is just to balanced this year.
I hope you get your hind end smoked again :)

I don't have a basement, but I'd thoroughly enjoy this rainy weather if this migraine would go away. Go Aces! Have a safe trip if you're in Lexington.

I will send up a prayer for you. Hope you feel better soon.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mysonis55's post:
  • pjdoug
(12-01-2023, 02:23 PM)mysonis55 Wrote:
(12-01-2023, 01:54 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-29-2023, 08:14 PM)mysonis55 Wrote: Thank you for info. But, we are gonna win. They aren’t any more balanced than PT or LCA. We are more balanced. Check the stats. It’s gonna be in the range of 42-21 Mayfield.

I will send up a prayer for you. Hope you feel better soon.

Thanks for that. I appreciate it Smile