Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Boyle County 41 Franklin County 14
(11-25-2023, 11:05 AM)Granny Bear Wrote:
(11-25-2023, 10:52 AM)Rebel55 Wrote: Pretty cold night If I had to say so myself.  I could not feel my toes or fingers by halftime.  I will not be that unprepared for the Covington Catholic game! 

Liked the stadium Franklin County had.  Kinda shocked that their fans left the game in the second half.  Guess they was cold also.  Only complaint was the blasting speakers before the game.

Commentators said the exact same thing.  You guys up north never hear of hand and foot warmers?  Get them in the hunting section of Walmart.  Put on socks, stick the foot warmers on the socks, put on second pair!  Easy peasy.  Smile  The hand warmers work better with mittens.
Just get some base layers, 100% Merino wool and you won't even think about cold. Hand and feet warmers work too as Granny suggested.  Can't believe how much the announcers complained about the cold and the weather forecast is pretty easy to understand and adjust accordingly.
My thoughts on last night’s game, I also think Boyle was a little flat and played sloppy at times possibly from the big game with Corbin last week and I expected a lot better officiating for a State Semifinal game I hope for all concerned that this crew of officials doesn’t work any of the State Championship games next weekend, and I’m not saying the calls favored either team, but the student athletes and coaches who are still playing deserve a lot better from the officials, on a side note I was quite comfortable in my Carhartt’s last night they never let me down.
[-] The following 4 users Like Jack Lambert's post:
  • Granny Bear, Hatz, Holy Bull, know1
Did you know that Carhartt makes sleep sacks for babies/toddlers? They're great!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • Jack Lambert
(11-25-2023, 01:45 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: Did you know that Carhartt makes sleep sacks for babies/toddlers? They're great!!

No Granny I didn’t know that I’ll try to remember if and when I have Grandchildren.
The video crew dressed to do the game from inside the press box but was told that they had to do it setting outside. I could see how they would complain about being cold.
That would also explain why they weren't as prepared as they should've been. One of those guys couldn't operate his IPhone because his fingers were so stiff and numb!!
(11-25-2023, 01:54 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote:
(11-25-2023, 01:45 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: Did you know that Carhartt makes sleep sacks for babies/toddlers?  They're great!!

No Granny I didn’t know that I’ll try to remember if and when I have Grandchildren.

My grand daughter uses them for her boys.  You don't need blankets, so she doesn't worry about loose coverings on them.  They're so cute wearing them!!!  Ages 16 months and 2 1/2 months.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • Jack Lambert
Congrats Rebels! Friday night should be a blast! Cant wait!
(11-25-2023, 01:54 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote:
(11-25-2023, 01:45 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: Did you know that Carhartt makes sleep sacks for babies/toddlers?  They're great!!

Might be a good fit for us since we so short
[-] The following 2 users Like True pioneer's post:
  • Granny Bear, Jack Lambert
(11-25-2023, 12:02 PM)Just a fan 12 Wrote:
(11-25-2023, 02:21 AM)FCSPY Wrote: Garrad County and Danville represented very well tonight!!! Ha!!!
Truth hurts not a lot of Boyle County kids making those plays tonight…

However,  congrats to Boyle, really good team and I look for them to dominate next week. Flyers had  a chance or two to tie this game and stay in it. But couldn’t capitalize. Boyle always found a way to get it done! Good Luck next week.
Franklin doesn't have kids from others schools. I completely forgot about that. Douglas's QB made plays for you!!

Us lowly programs have to take what we can get!
(11-27-2023, 10:06 AM)FCSPY Wrote:
(11-25-2023, 02:21 AM)FCSPY Wrote: Garrad County and Danville represented very well tonight!!! Ha!!!

However,  congrats to Boyle, really good team and I look for them to dominate next week. Flyers had  a chance or two to tie this game and stay in it. But couldn’t capitalize. Boyle always found a way to get it done! Good Luck next week.
Franklin doesn't have kids from others schools. I completely forgot about that. Douglas's QB made plays for you!!

Corbin and Franklin fans starting to sound a lot alike.
[-] The following 4 users Like FastScreen435's post:
  • FCSPY, HighViz, Jack Lambert, Waitaminute
(11-27-2023, 10:08 AM)FastScreen435 Wrote:
(11-27-2023, 10:06 AM)FCSPY Wrote:

Corbin and Franklin fans starting to sound a lot alike.
I was thinking same thing.
I pray Cov Catholic blows Boyle County out!

And noone can say anything about FC QB not being from Frankfort. Look at BC, do they even have anyone on the team that actually should be playing for BC? They should be called the Southern AllStars of Kentucky with all the transfer kids they have.
(11-27-2023, 12:16 PM)lnkskippy Wrote: I pray Cov Catholic blows Boyle County out!

And noone can say anything about FC QB not being from Frankfort.  Look at BC, do they even have anyone on the team that actually should be playing for BC? They should be called the Southern AllStars of Kentucky with all the transfer kids they have.
The best player on the field for Franklin in previous years came from Western Hills!
(11-27-2023, 01:32 PM)FastScreen435 Wrote:
(11-27-2023, 12:16 PM)lnkskippy Wrote: I pray Cov Catholic blows Boyle County out!

And noone can say anything about FC QB not being from Frankfort.  Look at BC, do they even have anyone on the team that actually should be playing for BC? They should be called the Southern AllStars of Kentucky with all the transfer kids they have.
The best player on the field for Franklin in previous years came from Western Hills!
1 I was calling out whoever said FC had a kid playing QB that was from elsewhere (meaning call out BC too)
2 I sure hope you dont think that was the best player FC had
(11-27-2023, 03:03 PM)lnkskippy Wrote:

1 I was calling out whoever said FC had a kid playing QB that was from elsewhere (meaning call out BC too)
SKippy read post #11.  The person you called out was post #23.

Who was calling out #11.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rebel55's post:
  • BEChargers
(11-27-2023, 03:03 PM)lnkskippy Wrote:

Moorman was the best football player Franklin had the past 2 seasons before this year. Ferrier was their best player in 2020.
(11-28-2023, 10:33 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: If the Tehran High School of Technology played either of these schools, I would root for the Iranians to lay down Sharia Law and go full Jihad on either the Catholic boys or real Axis of Evil in Danville. "Hold em' back! Hold 'em back ! Jihad! Jihad! "

Can this game be a double disqualification with the best team in the state(Corbin) being awarded their just desserts(the 4A trophy)?

Yes, they will get a participation trophy for whining. 42 years and counting. Get over it. I think Corbin is going to be state champs in basketball this year?
I have to admit I hate to hear this about players and wish adults would keep their mouths shut about things that don't need to be spread over the internet about kids (somebody else's child)

I am glad to admit I love hearing all these schools complain about transfers in and out. Something Louisville schools have been dealing with for a looooooong time. It's always interesting to hear the different sides and angles to the arguments.

I guess we are in an age of High Stakes High School football and that's disappointing in so many ways.
Still mad......
(11-28-2023, 05:20 PM)FCSPY Wrote: Still mad......

Is the QB graduating or dies he have another year or so? I thought he has a set of wheels on him.
(11-29-2023, 10:40 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:

Is the QB graduating or dies he have another year or so? I thought he has a set of wheels on him.
No sir he is gone. QB will be a big ? for next season. But seeing how the coaches developed this one, after playing only JV football. I think they will figure something out.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FCSPY's post:
  • Hatz
(11-29-2023, 11:37 AM)FCSPY Wrote:

No sir he is gone. QB will be a big ? for next season. But seeing how the coaches developed this one, after playing only JV football. I think they will figure something out.

I think so too.
(11-29-2023, 11:44 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(11-29-2023, 11:37 AM)FCSPY Wrote:

I think so too.
They have a good crop of qbs coming up in all three grades.. but not sure how physically developed they are. size and strength wise
(11-28-2023, 01:52 PM)Runnin' Clock Wrote: I have to admit I hate to hear this about players and wish adults would keep their mouths shut about things that don't need to be spread over the internet about kids (somebody else's child)

I am glad to admit I love hearing all these schools complain about transfers in and out. Something Louisville schools have been dealing with for a looooooong time. It's always interesting to hear the different sides and angles to the arguments.

I guess we are in an age of High Stakes High School football and that's disappointing in so many ways.

Yep, it's like the steroid age of baseball. One guy starts using them and then everyone justifies using them to keep up. Worst part about all of this is the KHSAA doesn't give a flip as long as they make their profits.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Glory_Days's post:
  • Granny Bear