Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland 42 Kentucky Country Day 6
Final
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Raceland dominated this game from start to finish. KCD had no answer for Raceland’s physicality in this game. Next week’s rematch against Pikeville should be a great game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Orange Blaze's post:
  • Willie Nelson
No surprise kcd is always a pretender
This game is a fumble and missed tackle away from being damn near 60-0. KCD had some big WRs on the outside but never could get anything going to them. They really missed #7 not being at full strength. They kept fighting and have some young talent. They will be a top 5 1A team for awhile.
Congrats Rams!! There wasn't much doubt but hats off to KCD for another semi-finals run. Its just absurd that Raceland & Pikeville had to go on the road this week... I guess that's a whole other discussion. Congrats again Rams!! I just don't know you can beat Pikeville twice in the same season!! We'll find out in a week though!!
This is the game they want. Another shot at Pikeville.
Congratulations Raceland!!!
Congrats to Raceland on the win. Looking forward to next week.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Big Five-0-'s post:
  • Willie Nelson
Congratulations to Raceland went and took care of business
It’s always nice to travel 3 hrs to running clock the number one team in the RPI.
Ill continue to say it. Pikeville is good no doubt but I’ve had Raceland the best team in 1A all year over pikeville.
(11-25-2023, 12:07 AM)Boomer_Sooner Wrote: Congrats Rams!! There wasn't much doubt but hats off to KCD for another semi-finals run. Its just absurd that Raceland & Pikeville had to go on the road this week... I guess that's a whole other discussion. Congrats again Rams!! I just don't know you can beat Pikeville twice in the same season!! We'll find out in a week though!!

I agree that they are and have been the two best teams in Class 1A, but if you look at it in how the playoffs used to be set up then either Pikeville or Raceland would’ve been on the road this week regardless BUT they’d be playing each other since one is from Region 3 and the other is from Region 4. At least with this way, we get one of those rare instances where the two best teams are playing each other in the state finals. I can’t say the same for the other five classes, but this is one of the few times the best teams are the ones left standing to play in the finals.
I thought this game would be closer. This may be Raceland's year.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Westside's post:
  • TATE_64
(11-25-2023, 11:10 AM)Westside Wrote: I thought this game would be closer.  This may be Raceland's year.
I felt after the first quarter most of the kids for KCD lost a lot of energy. A lot of them was going through the motions. You could tell from their body language they were ready to throw in the towel.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RAMDAD50's post:
  • Westside
(11-25-2023, 11:55 AM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
(11-25-2023, 11:10 AM)Westside Wrote: I thought this game would be closer.  This may be Raceland's year.
I felt after the first quarter most of the kids for KCD lost a lot of energy. A lot of them was going through the motions. You could tell from their body language they were ready to throw in the towel.
After the first quarter I thought this was going to be a good game but as you said after getting punched in the mouth they laid down.  They for sure had the talent to be able to compete at a high level but the toughness just wasn’t there.
(11-25-2023, 01:17 AM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: It’s always nice to travel 3 hrs to running clock the number one team in the RPI.
No worries …. You won’t have to travel that far to get a running clock put on YOU next week ….. Pikeville 48-10
(11-25-2023, 12:16 PM)Deuce8 Wrote:
(11-25-2023, 01:17 AM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: It’s always nice to travel 3 hrs to running clock the number one team in the RPI.
No worries …. You won’t have to travel that far to get a running clock put on YOU next week ….. Pikeville 48-10
 Raceland and Pikeville should of had home games .. kcd struggled with Ludlow they were way out of their comfort zone thinking they could take raceland head up
Has anyone else watched a high school football game where the announcer in the stadium was calling out what he felt was missed penalties ?? That was the strangest thing ever. Raceland squib a kickoff and as the KCD players fell on the ball a Raceland kid dove over the top of him and the announcer says…First down KCD after the no targeting call hahah. He done it a couple other times during the game. Never had this happen before.
I've had that happen twice, at two different schools. I'm not naming the schools, but folks in southeastern Kentucky would not be surprised!! Smile

Remember, I've been following high school football ever since Moses played.
[-] The following 2 users Like Granny Bear's post:
  • RAMDAD50, Slic Ric
KCD had some nice players. The linebacker #51 is really good. One of the better linebackers I’ve seen this year. The QB is good too. Signed full ride with southern Illinois. Had to roll out a lot and ran for his life most of the night. If KCD wants to be serious and take the next step the schedule is going to have to be beefed up.