Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 28 Campbellsville 21
Final.

Branden Anthony 3 rushing TDs and a pick 6, kid is a stud.

Congrats to Campbellsville on a great season, they were legit.
Brendon Anthony shouldn't ever have to pay for another meal in Pikeville again. Dude carried the Panthers to a win tonight.

Campbellsville is good. QB was impressive and they played a good game, just didn't have a answer for Anthony.

Congrats Pikeville!
Congratulations to the Panthers
I said in the lead up thread that Pikeville was gonna score at least 28, can Campbellsville?! Make no mistake, Pikeville beat a really good football team tonight!! The refs let em play tonight & had zero bearing on the outcome which is what you always want to see!! Campbellsville is gonna be a huge problem for 1A in the next few years that EVERYONE contender in the class will have to deal with!! Experience & good coaching won this one tonight!! Pikeville knows how to respond when they get punched hard & it got them out of there with the W!! Hats off to the Maroon on a hard fought win!! Hopefully Coach Mac & Co. give em Hell next week & bring another one back where it belongs!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Boomer_Sooner's post:
  • Big Five-0-
A big congrats to the Panthers! To say Campbellsville is a great football team would be an understatement, Imo.. Thier QB is for real and there's no quit in the C ville Eagles. Got to consider where Pikeville was off for a month and that didn't help, plus they haven't played all four quarters hardly at all if any except for the last two games. The game that all Pikeville fans have been looking for will be next Friday at Kroger. That just might be the game where the lambs lose their grocery list.
Congratulations Pikeville!!!
Pikeville up 21-0 then Cville returns kickoff for TD and flips momentum kind of how Russellville did in the 2021 championship. Then 2 bad penalties on Pikeville probably cost them a TD and gave Cville a TD
But make no mistake Campbellsville is GOOD
They punched Pikeville in the mouth a few times and Pikeville punched them right back every time. Game ended with Pikeville in victory formation down on Cville goal line but the game was never over until clock hit 0:00.

These last two tough games were just what Pikeville needed IMO. Congrats to the Panthers on a very gutty road win against a very good Campbellsville team.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Big Five-0-
Great Road Win against the Second Best team in Class A. Campbellsville > Raceland. They have a Ton more of Explosive Athletes than Raceland Does and Offensive Line and Defensive Lines are really good as well. Let's Go Bring Home #3 in a Row next week. I was there in 87,88,& 89 for the First Three Peat. Hail Pikeville
[-] The following 1 user Likes Fanatic42's post:
  • Big Five-0-
(11-25-2023, 12:27 AM)Fanatic42 Wrote: Great Road Win against the Second Best team in Class A. Campbellsville > Raceland. They have a Ton more of Explosive Athletes than Raceland Does and Offensive Line and Defensive Lines are really good as well. Let's Go Bring Home #3 in a Row next week. I was there in 87,88,& 89 for the First Three Peat. Hail Pikeville
I was too Fanatic42. I believe this team can do it. CVille was everything as advertised, and will be hard to beat next season but our Panthers will be as well. Raceland will get a good steady dose of B. Anthony and more next week! HAIL PIKEVILLE!!

Wishing all Pikeville fans a safe trip back home. That's a long drive. Trip from CVille to where we live in Tn. is only 1 1/2 hr. So, I know what a trip that is to Pikeville. Good to see old friends tonight while watching a great game!
(11-24-2023, 11:54 PM)Boomer_Sooner Wrote: I said in the lead up thread that Pikeville was gonna score at least 28, can Campbellsville?! Make no mistake, Pikeville beat a really good football team tonight!! The refs let em play tonight & had zero bearing on the outcome which is what you always want to see!! Campbellsville is gonna be a huge problem for 1A in the next few years that EVERYONE contender in the class will have to deal with!! Experience & good coaching won this one tonight!! Pikeville knows how to respond when they get punched hard & it got them out of there with the W!! Hats off to the Maroon on a hard fought win!! Hopefully Coach Mac & Co. give em Hell next week & bring another one back where it belongs!!
Hats off to Campbellsville. They played great. They are a good team. However, they lose a ton to graduation. 2 highly questionable calls that made that game closer than it could have been. 3rd and 1 holding penalty on Pikeville was sketchy and the pass interference in the 4th quarter was atrocious. Great heart by the Eagles when they could have folded.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Belichick's post:
  • jetpilot
^ The holding call on 3rd and 1 was a suspicious time for the Panthers first holding call.

I thought the intentional grounding on Campbellsville's QB could have easily been a fumble, which would have been returned for a Pikeville TD....overall I thought the refs did pretty good and let both teams play.
Holding call very suspect on 3rd and 1 maybe can review on film.
Pass interference penalty was straight up blown call.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Big Five-0-
I knew better than to pick cville in the pickem.

Congrats Pikeville. Seems these western schools just never can beat the eastern schools who make it a habit of going on runs in the playoffs. If your name ain’t mayfield I’m betting against you if your in the central time zone lol
I figured this game would be close. Congrats Panthers.
(11-24-2023, 11:54 PM)Boomer_Sooner Wrote: I said in the lead up thread that Pikeville was gonna score at least 28, can Campbellsville?! Make no mistake, Pikeville beat a really good football team tonight!! The refs let em play tonight & had zero bearing on the outcome which is what you always want to see!! Campbellsville is gonna be a huge problem for 1A in the next few years that EVERYONE contender in the class will have to deal with!! Experience & good coaching won this one tonight!! Pikeville knows how to respond when they get punched hard & it got them out of there with the W!! Hats off to the Maroon on a hard fought win!! Hopefully Coach Mac & Co. give em Hell next week & bring another one back where it belongs!!

Well don't strain your arm too much patting yourself on the back. One of those TD's was a pick6
(11-26-2023, 10:57 AM)Glory_Days Wrote:

Well don't strain your arm too much patting yourself on the back. One of those TD's was a pick6
Relax pal!! And what does a pick 6 have to do with it?! it still goes on the scoreboard!! Enjoy the rest of your week!!

(11-25-2023, 01:14 AM)Belichick Wrote:
Hats off to Campbellsville. They played great. They are a good team. However, they lose a ton to graduation. 2 highly questionable calls that made that game closer than it could have been. 3rd and 1 holding penalty on Pikeville was sketchy and the pass interference in the 4th quarter was atrocious. Great heart by the Eagles when they could have folded.
I listened on the radio & didn't realize those 2 calls were so important. The guys doing the broadcast made it seem like Campbellsville was really young. My fault for the inaccuracy!! All the best Bel!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Boomer_Sooner's post:
  • Belichick
(11-29-2023, 07:55 PM)Boomer_Sooner Wrote:
(11-26-2023, 10:57 AM)Glory_Days Wrote:

Relax pal!! And what does a pick 6 have to do with it?! it still goes on the scoreboard!! Enjoy the rest of your week!!

Since you seem baffled.... Your post was speaking about the offense so that's what a pick6 has to do with it. Seems you're the one that needs to relax with all those exclamation marks. Pal