Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trinity 14, Frederick Douglass 7 (OT)
Final from Trinity's Marshall Stadium.
A heck of game between two good teams. Both teams defenses were great tonight it is sad someone had to lose. A tough loss for the Broncos who probably had over 150+ more total yards than the Shamrocks but two big turnovers in the redzone and a procedure that called back a touchdown before the half did the Broncos in tonight. Frederick Douglass had a great year in 6A and will be heard from in the years to come. They return all of their skilled positions on offense. They will need to have kids to step up and replace their two power 5 D1 cornerbacks.
[-] The following 2 users Like 16BBall Fan's post:
  • Cactus Jack, Jack Lambert
Freshman QB Zane Johnson with the 2 TD tosses for the Rocks.

Kid is the real deal.... Congrats Shamrocks!
Congratulations Trinity!!!
Congrats Trinity! Needed this win in the pickem contest!
I honestly did not think this game would be this hotly contested. I believe Trinity finally had this one in hand when overtime began. One of my favorite statistics is Trinity is now 10-0 in overtime playoff games. On the flipside, the Rocks are 3-8 in regular season OT. Douglass is on the regular season schedule in Lexington in 2024.
[-] The following 1 user Likes thsrocks's post:
  • Westside
Trinity has turned their season around.  They are one win away from yet another state title.
I just came across an interesting stat showing how strong Louisville football is and has been. Frederick Douglass was trying to do something that no public school had not been done since 1991 in whatever the classes were at the time or since then and that is to beat Male and then beat a private Louisville school the next game.
(11-25-2023, 08:21 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: I just came across an interesting stat showing how strong Louisville football is and has been. Frederick Douglass was trying to do something that no public school had not been done since 1991 in whatever the classes were at the time or since then and that is to beat Male and then beat a private Louisville school the next game.
And it will never happen. Bio Med HS is probably the strongest school to break that stat but just fell short. Lafayette probably the other back in 2014 and 2015(?) but even with their future D1/ NFL filled roster could do it.
According to the stats provided by Trinity on the KHSAA site they only had 135 total yards and Douglass had 225 total yards, but as we all know the only number that matters is the final score on the scoreboard at the end of the game.