Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
An Open Letter to Corbin Redhound Players, Coaches & Fans
(11-30-2023, 12:30 PM)AverageJoe Wrote: Winners focus on Winning, Losers focus on Winners. 

Seems like Corbin needs to focus on winning not winners.
Look at the wins past four years 2020 8-2, 2021 12-1, 2022 14-1, 2023 12-1… to be 46-5 in four years with a State Runnerup is incredible. 2020 and 2021 lose in the Region Championship to Johnson Central both years. 2022 and 2023 lose to Boyle in State Championship Game and Region Championship. 46-5 record with Tommy Greer at the helm. The Hounds have a lot of Runnerups and the common denominator appears to be scheduling during regular season. We’ve seen what watered down schedules will get you in the playoffs. I’d much rather schedule a tough regular season schedule and take a few losses to prepare for playoffs. 45-6 and a Runnerup..
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cowboy42's post:
  • Hatz
(12-01-2023, 09:22 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote:
(11-30-2023, 12:30 PM)AverageJoe Wrote: Winners focus on Winning, Losers focus on Winners. 

Seems like Corbin needs to focus on winning not winners.
Look at the wins past four years 2020 8-2, 2021 12-1, 2022 14-1, 2023 12-1… to be 46-5 in four years with a State Runnerup is incredible. 2020 and 2021 lose in the Region Championship to Johnson Central both years. 2022 and 2023 lose to Boyle in State Championship Game and Region Championship. 46-5 record with Tommy Greer at the helm. The Hounds have a lot of Runnerups and the common denominator appears to be scheduling during regular season. We’ve seen what watered down schedules will get you in the playoffs. I’d much rather schedule a tough regular season schedule and take a few losses to prepare for playoffs. 45-6 and a Runnerup..

If you want to give yourself an advantage, schedule decent 5A and 6A that you know you will likely beat. That way, the RPI gets you four home playoff games instead of two. Corbin's scheduling of Hazard instead of a North Laurel, Southwestern, type team cost them a state championship. If it had been Boyle at Corbin, the Hounds would be finishing off a state title run tonight. Schedule matters!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Cowboy42
I have a lot of respect for the program at Corbin. Great fans and a solid team every year. I think Boyle is so talented that It would be a tuff task to beat them no matter where you play them this year or next year.
[-] The following 4 users Like Bud_Bundy's post:
  • Bull got out!, Hatz, HighViz, toolaidback
(11-24-2023, 07:19 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-24-2023, 07:14 PM)belldad2011 Wrote: Just wondering why haddix left Corbin , did he ever beat Boyle ?
If not why do you think Tommy or anyone else could ?

He went to greener pastures where he doesn't have to mow grass Smile
I mean they held his hands and drove him out. Plus you all are so toxic on here … that whole town is toxic when it comes to football.
(12-01-2023, 11:55 PM)Bud_Bundy Wrote: I have a lot of respect for the program at Corbin. Great fans and a solid team every year. I think Boyle is so talented that It would be a tuff task to beat them no matter where you play them this year or next year.
Without the hurdling calls(not one, not two, but three) , Corbin wins at Boyle this season. Plus, the Corbin QB/Punter running himself right into a punt block didn't help, either. Corbin handed it to them on a silver platter. Give Boyle credit, they took advantage of the miscues and made a couple of big plays and Corbin didn't convert on the big plays in the redzone.