Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Corbin 2024
They said up front they weren’t playing offense to risk injury. Corbin was a 5 month vacation home to try to get them over Corbin hump and it didn’t work.
[-] The following 2 users Like Waitaminute's post:
  • Bull got out!, Cowboy42
(12-29-2023, 12:53 AM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(12-29-2023, 12:31 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote:
(12-28-2023, 12:52 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: Talent pool is drying up, mostly because of Greer and the way he’s ran things, the next narrative once the losing starts is gonna be how we couldn’t be happy with what we had….Thing is we where happy with what we had it just wasn’t Greer and his minions….
TD Hounds do you honestly think Greer stays around for the losing part you mentioned ( as Head Coach )?? I could see him stepping down to the Defensive Coordinator but he’d need his ole pal Moonya Mills to take those losses as Head Coach wouldn’t you think?
He absolutely isn’t gonna stick around without help from the transfer portal to bolster some spots along both sides of the line….Imo he’s gonna wait till it’s to late to hire a coach (late summer) and step down and leave either Full Moon or Elam as a interim for the season….I actually see it being Elam who’ll shoulder the losses….Either way the program will be a shell of what it was when he took over and by the time we get around to actually hiring another coach it’s not gonna be near as attractive as it’s been recently….It’s took longer for him to dismantle what Haddix had built back than I thought but between him and a certain middle school coach we’ve lost a boat load of talent and it’ll take a big time splash hire to start getting the talent back and contrary to what most people think Haddix ain’t walking through that door and if he did he’d want complete control and a completely new staff, which I don’t see them ever agreeing to…
Full Moon. lol
[-] The following 3 users Like pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!, Cowboy42, TD Hounds
(12-29-2023, 10:45 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(12-28-2023, 12:52 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: Talent pool is drying up, mostly because of Greer and the way he’s ran things, the next narrative once the losing starts is gonna be how we couldn’t be happy with what we had….Thing is we where happy with what we had it just wasn’t Greer and his minions….
TD Hounds do you honestly think Greer stays around for the losing part you mentioned ( as Head Coach )?? I could see him stepping down to the Defensive Coordinator but he’d need his ole pal Moonya Mills to take those losses as Head Coach wouldn’t you think?
He absolutely isn’t gonna stick around without help from the transfer portal to bolster some spots along both sides of the line….Imo he’s gonna wait till it’s to late to hire a coach (late summer) and step down and leave either Full Moon or Elam as a interim for the season….I actually see it being Elam who’ll shoulder the losses….Either way the program will be a shell of what it was when he took over and by the time we get around to actually hiring another coach it’s not gonna be near as attractive as it’s been recently….It’s took longer for him to dismantle what Haddix had built back than I thought but between him and a certain middle school coach we’ve lost a boat load of talent and it’ll take a big time splash hire to start getting the talent back and contrary to what most people think Haddix ain’t walking through that door and if he did he’d want complete control and a completely new staff, which I don’t see them ever agreeing to…
Full Moon. lol
Big Grin  Love u Dougie hope you and your family had a blessed CHRISTmas and a even better new year…
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • pjdoug
Will any corbin players head to South Laurel now that they have a new coach?
(12-30-2023, 06:43 PM)plantmanky Wrote: Will any corbin players head to South Laurel now that they have a new coach?

No
What all does Corbin return
(12-30-2023, 06:43 PM)plantmanky Wrote: Will any corbin players head to South Laurel now that they have a new coach?
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
(12-31-2023, 10:43 AM)TD Hounds Wrote:
I was told a couple younger guys, possibly lineman transferred from Corbin to Bell but I’m not sure on that. It’s also not uncommon to see transfers from Juniors/seniors who haven’t gotten starting opportunities at programs with depth/numbers like Corbin. I’m not sure if Corbin has any guys that fit that bill but if so it wouldn’t be out of the realm of possibilities for them to head to south Laurel with Hines coming in. As is the case with many top teams, I’m sure there are guys on Corbin’s bench who would be standouts at lots of other teams.
[-] The following 1 user Likes fansville's post:
  • Bull got out!
(12-30-2023, 01:20 AM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(12-29-2023, 10:45 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
Full Moon. lol
Big Grin  Love u Dougie hope you and your family had a blessed CHRISTmas and a even better new year…

I hope 2024 will be your best year ever my friend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • TD Hounds
(12-31-2023, 11:49 AM)fansville Wrote:
I was told a couple younger guys, possibly lineman transferred from Corbin to Bell but I’m not sure on that. It’s also not uncommon to see transfers from Juniors/seniors who haven’t gotten starting opportunities at programs with depth/numbers like Corbin. I’m not sure if Corbin has any guys that fit that bill but if so it wouldn’t be out of the realm of possibilities for them to head to south Laurel with Hines coming in. As is the case with many top teams, I’m sure there are guys on Corbin’s bench who would be standouts at lots of other teams.
Normally kids don’t leave Corbin for Laurel Co…It’s either Whitley Co or Williamsburg.  I guess nothings out of the realm of possibilities but imo Hines gonna have to do some rebuilding in order to attract any potential transfers.  These kids can leave Corbin go south one exit and still compete for a district and possibly a region championship at Williamsburg….
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • HighViz
LoL
never
(12-31-2023, 07:52 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(12-31-2023, 11:49 AM)fansville Wrote:
Normally kids don’t leave Corbin for Laurel Co…It’s either Whitley Co or Williamsburg.  I guess nothings out of the realm of possibilities but imo Hines gonna have to do some rebuilding in order to attract any potential transfers.  These kids can leave Corbin go south one exit and still compete for a district and possibly a region championship at Williamsburg….
Corbin has a reciprocal agreement with Whitley County and Williamsburg. They do not have one with Laurel County. That's why any kid leaving Corbin went south instead of north.

Big Grin  Best laugh I've had so far this new year. Thanks for the comedy, Hibiscus man.

Let me ask you and BGR'ers a similar question. If you were dining regularly on Kobe beef, would you head 10 miles up the road and start eating a McDonald's double cheese everyday, instead?
(01-02-2024, 06:58 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:

Big Grin  Best laugh I've had so far this new year. Thanks for the comedy, Hibiscus man.

Let me ask you and BGR'ers a similar question. If you were dining regularly on Kobe beef, would you head 10 miles up the road and start eating a McDonald's double cheese everyday, instead?
Depends if that Kobe beef was saturated with Fomunda cheese….Hines will pull some athletes in the area..
Hines was struggling to keep athletes in the PC area. A lot of his success will depend on how well word travels across county lines. His Banquet speech was just the latest. He was not very well liked over the past year or two at Pulaski. Lots of kids ran off, lots of kids electing not to play. There were other reasons he had a lot of heat but I prefer not to get into them due to not wanting to speculate on topics that I feel would be unfair to Coach Hines and the people involved. Plus, those complaints are unverified.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Corbin's post:
  • Deuce8
Sometimes change is good. May be what Coach Hines needs.
(01-02-2024, 12:50 PM)Corbin Wrote: Hines was struggling to keep athletes in the PC area. A lot of his success will depend on how well word travels across county lines. His Banquet speech was just the latest. He was not very well liked over the past year or two at Pulaski. Lots of kids ran off, lots of kids electing not to play. There were other reasons he had a lot of heat but I prefer not to get into them due to not wanting to speculate on topics that I feel would be unfair to Coach Hines and the people involved. Plus, those complaints are unverified.
Hines is a arrogant shmuck… Most people in Pulaski County are glad he’s gone. I hope GJ is offered the job. He’s cleaned up Hines messes for years … He deserves a shot
(01-02-2024, 07:38 PM)Deuce8 Wrote:
(01-02-2024, 12:50 PM)Corbin Wrote: Hines was struggling to keep athletes in the PC area. A lot of his success will depend on how well word travels across county lines. His Banquet speech was just the latest. He was not very well liked over the past year or two at Pulaski. Lots of kids ran off, lots of kids electing not to play. There were other reasons he had a lot of heat but I prefer not to get into them due to not wanting to speculate on topics that I feel would be unfair to Coach Hines and the people involved. Plus, those complaints are unverified.
Hines is an arrogant shmuck… Most people in Pulaski County are glad he’s gone. I hope GJ is offered the job. He’s cleaned up Hines messes for years … He deserves a shot

Heard he’s shopping his kids to Corbin.
Yeah I’ve heard that as well ….
(01-03-2024, 02:46 AM)Waitaminute Wrote:
Hines is an arrogant shmuck… Most people in Pulaski County are glad he’s gone. I hope GJ is offered the job. He’s cleaned up Hines messes for years … He deserves a shot

What do you mean by that? Like he's trying to get Pulaski kids to go to Corbin or South Laurel kids to Corbin, or Corbin kids to come to South Laurel?
(01-03-2024, 11:35 AM)Shogun Wrote:

What do you mean by that? Like he's trying to get Pulaski kids to go to Corbin or South Laurel kids to Corbin, or Corbin kids to come to South Laurel?
I took it that he is sending his kids to Corbin for school? curious too. I know performance wise Corbin is doing very well. this came out back in November. Nov. 15—CORBIN — With the Kentucky Department of Education's October 31 release of their annual School Report Card Data, the Corbin Independent School District has a lot to celebrate — ranking 2nd overall out of 172 school districts in the commonwealth.
https://news.yahoo.com/corbin-independen...00377.html 
(01-03-2024, 12:16 PM)Son of the Alamo Wrote:
(01-03-2024, 11:35 AM)Shogun Wrote:

I took it that he is sending his kids to Corbin for school? curious too. I know performance wise Corbin is doing very well. this came out back in November. Nov. 15—CORBIN — With the Kentucky Department of Education's October 31 release of their annual School Report Card Data, the Corbin Independent School District has a lot to celebrate — ranking 2nd overall out of 172 school districts in the commonwealth.
https://news.yahoo.com/corbin-independen...00377.html 

Nice!
(12-28-2023, 11:14 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: 26-2 the past two years.  Tommy sure sucks at coaching.    What planet are some of you guys from?  Boyle has barely beat them the past two years.
Key word their is beat Boyle knows how to beat them and Corbin can't get past them even with all the talent they had so if they have talent and resources which they do it looks to fall on the coach

(01-02-2024, 06:58 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:

That McDonald's can grow into a good restaurant.it possible that the Kobe beef place drama will prevent it from being great
Any news on Elam kid staying at Corbin next season or is he going to prep school?
Hmmmm, I guess if that happens I would have to assume a new offensive coordinator has to be named…
(01-10-2024, 12:36 PM)Cowboy42 Wrote: Any news on Elam kid staying at Corbin next season or is he going to prep school?
  I would be surprised by that. he started getting dual sport offers last season from Power 5 schools and with a UK offered WR in Eli Pietrowski and some very talented one's coming up the ranks next season that wowed me at JV games this season. I would imagine he would want to stay home and continue to show his arm off through his senior year and watch the offers continue to roll in and see if any are good enough for him to change his mind (NIL deals can defiantly do that now days) it would be awesome to see a handful of these Corbin boys reunited at UK in the future playing together again. 

[Image: https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/image...A&usqp=CAU]
(01-10-2024, 03:36 PM)Son of the Alamo Wrote:
(01-10-2024, 12:36 PM)Cowboy42 Wrote: Any news on Elam kid staying at Corbin next season or is he going to prep school?
  I would be surprised by that. he started getting dual sport offers last season from Power 5 schools and with a UK offered WR in Eli Pietrowski and some very talented one's coming up the ranks next season that wowed me at JV games this season. I would imagine he would want to stay home and continue to show his arm off through his senior year and watch the offers continue to roll in and see if any are good enough for him to change his mind (NIL deals can defiantly do that now days) it would be awesome to see a handful of these Corbin boys reunited at UK in the future playing together again. 

That's good and all but you think that offer will be committable by the time he graduates? With 12 catches a year I highly doubt it. Will be the next Dakota Patterson and Treyveon Longmire, offers pulled with lack of film and stats.
Watched Corbin multiple times last season, thought Pietrowski was far underused. But I guess when you have the RB who moved 2, 4 stars in he has to get the majority of the touches.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FastScreen435's post:
  • Cowboy42
(01-10-2024, 03:56 PM)Waitaminute Wrote:

That's good and all but you think that offer will be committable by the time he graduates? With 12 catches a year I highly doubt it. Will be the next Dakota Patterson and Treyveon Longmire, offers pulled with lack of film and stats.
I think so. Dakota tore his ACL after transferring to Boyle and there is a lot more to that story.... and Treyveon is at EKU currently with a slew of former Redhound players but I think his issue was he stayed at school to play basketball instead of reporting to UK for the early workouts from what I've heard. the reason for the low stats this past season was he had Carter Stewart that could flat catch a bomb and make up some acreage on the regular in his Senior season. I think he will be used a lot more in the coming season with Stewart graduating, Vince seen what he can do in person.
(01-10-2024, 04:32 PM)Son of the Alamo Wrote:
(01-10-2024, 03:56 PM)Waitaminute Wrote:

I think so. Dakota tore his ACL after transferring to Boyle and there is a lot more to that story.... and Treyveon is at EKU currently with a slew of former Redhound players but I think his issue was he stayed at school to play basketball instead of reporting to UK for the early workouts from what I've heard. the reason for the low stats this past season was he had Carter Stewart that could flat catch a bomb and make up some acreage on the regular in his Senior season. I think he will be used a lot more in the coming season with Stewart graduating, Vince seen what he can do in person.
What game did Vince see what he can do in person?