Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky at (9) Louisville 11/25/23
(6-5) Kentucky takes on (10-1) Louisville.  How do you see it going down?
Louisville big
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Louisville certainly isn't bad, but they've caught some breaks this year too. Their biggest wins are over Notre Dame and Duke, both at home. Duke was overvalued after beating an overrated and down Clemson team early and Notre Dame is always a paper tiger in my book.

You can't blame them for beating the teams that were put in front of them, but they were also beaten pretty soundly by a Pitt team that is 3-8 and the Miami team that played them very well last week is 6-5 overall.

Kentucky has lost five of their last six, but the only "bad" loss in that group is South Carolina. They jumped all over Missouri and were in a position to put it away early; while I don't think Missouri is the 10th best team in the nation, they've only lost at LSU and at Georgia with neither beating them by more than 10.

I said going into this past week that I thought Kentucky would win one more game next season-- which that is, I didn't know. I'm even more confident in that now. I'll put some more thoughts on that in a bowl projection thread.

Vegas is giving Kentucky 7 points, which seems to be about what you'd expect from the opening line.

Hopeful that the Cats get it back on track and can impose their will up front on offense as the secondary does enough to contain some speedy Louisville receivers, but worried that the Cards' speed and quick-strike ability puts Kentucky in a position where they have to score through the air more than they're comfortable doing.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cactus Jack's post:
  • Westside