Poll: Frederick Douglass vs. Trinity
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Frederick Douglass
23.53%
Trinity
76.47%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frederick Douglass at Trinity 11/24
In the first matchup where Frederick Douglass won 17-14, it was on a hot Saturday afternoon due to being moved because of Friday night storms. Frederick Douglass dominated on defense for 3 quarters getting a pick 6 and shutting out the Shamrock offense leading 17-0. Trinity changed to freshman QB Zane Johnson and mounted a comeback scoring 14 in the 4th quarter but Frederick Douglass held on for the win.

In the first matchup Frederick Douglass had several penalties and last night had several penalties against Male but still were able to get the win.
A lot has changed since the first matchup especially the weather. This looks to be another competitive game and I expect another low scoring game as both teams have great defenses. Who wins this and gets to Kroger field to play for a championship against either Bryan Station or Ballard?

The game is at 7:00pm. I am not sure as of this post what it can be watched on I would assume it will be on the Trinity school network. The game in Aug. was. I will update when I hear.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 16BBall Fan's post:
  • Bull got out!
Trinity gets it done this time.
Both teams have improved since the last match up. Winner of this game is 6A state champs. I’m saying the FD defense plays like they should on friday, november comes around and that defense closes everyone down. The question is can the FD offense move the football.

FD 21-17
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gridiron_Raid's post:
  • thsrocks
Bio Med HS was up 17-0 in the first meeting and almost cough it up 17-14. With T qb change, it will be a different story. 28-14 Rocks.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cafe Mocha's post:
  • thsrocks
I picked male last week. Both teams have seem to improve throughout the season. If FD can get anything, I mean anything going on O should come out with the W. Also- I think the freshman qb for Trinity could have a few TO and be the difference maker.
Zane Johnson tosses 3 TDs and Rocks win, 28-17.
FD winning score in August came on a pick six thrown by the starter prior to Zane Johnson. The freshman QB is having a huge impact on the season. Trinity has not lost to same team in the same season on their home field. I believe the temperature (expected to be mid to upper 40s) will work in Trinity's favor. There is no precipitation forecast for Friday in Louisville area. $10.00 cash at gate!
Cobb is coaching for his life to finish the season. It’s title or bust. I think they get it done this year.

Trinity 34
Frederick Douglass 21
[-] The following 1 user Likes Shogun's post:
  • thsrocks
If the winning score is

under 28- FD wins

29+ Trinity
Im pulling for Frederick Douglass. I like the coach and I have become a fan of this team when I saw them last year. Trinity sounds like they have found something that works for them and looks to be the hottest team in 6A. Freddy D has done good IMO and this being there first year in 6A.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • thsrocks
Yeah Bull, and it's nice to see some more 6A teams in the mix. All of them may not be in top 5 conversation but at least there is some form of competition outside of X, T, & H.

Bullitt East
Frederick Douglass
Manual
Bryan Station
Ballard
Ryle
[-] The following 2 users Like Glory_Days's post:
  • Bull got out!, Cactus Jack
(11-22-2023, 12:28 AM)Glory_Days Wrote: Yeah Bull, and it's nice to see some more 6A teams in the mix. All of them may not be in top 5 conversation but at least there is some form of competition outside of X, T, & H.

Bullitt East
Frederick Douglass
Manual
Bryan Station
Ballard
Ryle

I still think that last years 6A Title game is movie worthy! Bullitt East!!! I love my shirt I got! Bullitt East State Champions!!!
[-] The following 2 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • 16BBall Fan, Glory_Days
I also am really pulling for Frederick Douglas to pull this win out Friday night.
[-] The following 2 users Like Rebel55's post:
  • 16BBall Fan, Bull got out!
Pulling for Frederick in this one but I fear the Catholics get the win. They have caught fire and have been playing outstanding football. It's as old a story as time itself. Trinity loses games early and then gets it together and wins a state title. Same sad story this season, I fear.
From Frederick Douglass Football:

Thursday morning practice all former players invited would love to see you! Frederick Douglass Football @fdouglassfb

Thumbnail(s)

It’s with great sadness we announce the passing of a former Bronco. Cam Dunn’s smile could light up any field he stepped on. We lift our prayers up for his family, friends, teammates, and so many that loved Cam. Rest easy, Champ!
@coachnatemcpeek
#Mental Health Awareness

Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 2 users Like 16BBall Fan's post:
  • Bull got out!, Jack Lambert
Prayers from our family!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • 16BBall Fan
Prayers for the family !!!
I hope the Broncos play inspired ball and win it.  Prayers for Freddy D.
Way too young, rest easy fellow. Prayers to all the family and friends.
Trinity got the ball to start and drove down and turned it over on downs to the Broncos at the Douglass 20. Douglass had a 3 and out. On Trinity's 2nd possession they get a touchdown on 9 yard pass the extra point was good and Trinity leads 7-0 with 5:45 left in the 1st quarter.

7-0 Trinity after the 1st quarter. Trinity will be punting to start the 2nd quarter.

A big 4th and 6 from the Trinity 37 for Dougalss.

(11-24-2023, 09:16 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: Trinity got the ball to start and drove down and turned it over on downs to the Broncos at the Douglass 20. Douglass had a 3 and out. On Trinity's 2nd possession they get a touchdown on  9 yard pass the extra point was good and Trinity leads 7-0 with 5:45 left in the 1st quarter.

7-0 Trinity after the 1st quarter. Trinity will be punting to start the 2nd quarter.

A big 4th and 6 from the Trinity 37 for Douglass.

Douglass pass was a yard short and the ball was a little short and Trinity takes over on downs from their own 31.

Touchdown Douglass! however it is called back on a procedure call. That is a big play.

Next pass with 6 seconds to go is intercepted. I would like to see a replay of the that procedure it was a late flag the ball was in the air. However not much seemed to be said from the Bronco sideline, but Coach McPeek is pretty laid back guy and never says much to the officials.

Trinity 7
Douglass 0
Halftime
A good half of football by both teams.
Both teams punt of their first possessions of the 2nd half. Douglass did pick up two first downs but drive stalled after a dropped pass on what would have been a big gain. You just can't not have drops like that vs. a team as good as Trinity.

Douglass goes for it on a 4th and 4 and come up 2 yards short. Trinity takes over on downs to end the 3rd quarter. That was big for the Trinity defense.

Douglass offense has really moved the ball well tonight. They have had the ball 5 times in Trinity territory, twice in the red zone but have not scored any points. The Trinity D has stepped up when a big play has been needed. That is what you have to do to make it to Kroger Field in December.

Douglass defense steps up big again themselves and only allow Trinity 1 yard of offense and they are forced to punt.

The Trinity defense answers and has a 3 and out by the Douglass offense. This has been a heck of a defensive battle.

Douglass had a drive to tie it midway through the 4th quarter and fumbled inside the Trinity 12 yard line and it was recovered by Trinity. It is still 7-0 with 4 minutes to play.

Douglass probably has a 100+ more total yards than Trinity but that don't get you anything. Turnovers and penalties have killed the Broncos tonight.

Douglass gets a touchdown on a 4th and 11 with :20 seconds to play and the extra point is good. Tied at 7 with :13 seconds to play looks headed to overtime.

Overtime. This has been a heck of a game no matter who wins.

That is amazing that Trinity only had 1 first down the entire 2nd half and are still playing in OT the defense has stepped up big for both teams tonight.

Touchdown Trinity on a bootleg fake by Johnson. Trinity leads 14-7 Douglass ball.