Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Bell County
76.00%
Hart County
24.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County at Hart County 11/24 4th Round Playoffs
Bell County (12-1)
Aug 18, 23 North Laurel away (W) 19 - 7 
Aug 25, 23 Boyd County away (W) 60 - 41 
Sep 1, 23 Letcher County Central home (W) 52 - 18 Short-Redmond Auto Group Pride of the Mountains 
Sep 8, 23 Perry County Central away (W) 30 - 26 
Sep 15, 23 Whitley County away (W) 48 - 42 
Sep 22, 23 McCreary Central away (W) 46 - 7 
Sep 29, 23 Rockcastle County home (L) 38 - 40 
Oct 6, 23 Knox Central home (W) 52 - 28 Apex Physical Therapy Bowl 
Oct 20, 23 Clay County away (W) 41 - 20
Oct 27, 23 Harlan County home (W) 39 - 0 
Nov 3, 23 Magoffin County home (W) 62 - 27 Class 3A 2023 UK HealthCare Sports Medicine State Football Finals 
Nov 10, 23 Belfry away (W) 24 - 22 Class 3A 2023 UK HealthCare Sports Medicine State Football Finals 
Nov 17, 23 East Carter home (W) 38 - 36 Class 3A 2023 UK HealthCare Sports Medicine State Football Finals (overtime)

Hart County (13-0)
Aug 19, 23 Spencer County at Nelson County (W) 37 - 22 Don Franklin Auto Bowl 
Aug 25, 23 LaRue County home (W) 28 - 8 
Sep 1, 23 Green County home (W) 27 - 12 
Sep 8, 23 Elizabethtown away (W) 50 - 27 
Sep 15, 23 Butler County home (W) 48 - 0 
Sep 22, 23 Caverna away (W) 46 - 6 
Sep 29, 23 Adair County home (W) 33 - 22 
Oct 13, 23 Glasgow away (W) 22 - 19 
Oct 20, 23 Franklin-Simpson away (W) 21 - 18 
Oct 27, 23 Campbellsville away (W) 21 - 14 
Nov 3, 23 Webster County home (W) 43 - 8 Class 3A 2023 UK HealthCare Sports Medicine State Football Finals 
Nov 10, 23 Glasgow home (W) 28 - 21 Class 3A 2023 UK HealthCare Sports Medicine State Football Finals 
Nov 17, 23 Union County home (W) 24 - 21 Class 3A 2023 UK HealthCare Sports Medicine State Football Finals

Recent History
NONE
https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k...6d6a656543
Both team love to run the ball should be a barn burner do not kno much about them all beside they like to run football
[-] The following 1 user Likes BellCOUNTYfaithfull's post:
  • Bull got out!
Bell by 20
No place in Kentucky will have a better atmosphere than Munfordville Friday.
A historic night for that community and a historic foe (with a pretty good fanbase of their own) coming in with Daniel Thomas.
Bell gets the job done. I doubt hart county has dealt with anybody that has the motor of DT.
(11-20-2023, 12:49 PM)Old School 18 Wrote: Bell gets the job done. I doubt hart county has dealt with anybody that has the motor of DT.
I will say this:
The thing that has surprised me all year about Hart County is they have won probably 5 or 6 games where it could go either way late in the 4th and they made the plays to win it at the end. That's the mark of a veteran team.

Daniel Thomas is a closer in his own right. He has been the guy who is still running like it's the 2nd Quarter when the game is on the line. Part of what makes him a truly great back.

Will be interesting to see which team takes care of business late in this one. I just know that if Thomas has the ball in his hands with enough time to carry his team to victory.. he most likely is going to get the job done.
This game will be a war, I don't anticipate the winner to have much of a chance at Kroger, but these two teams both deserve to be here and Hart County is hosting which never hurts. I would call this a true tossup in my opinion.
(11-19-2023, 11:03 PM)BellCOUNTYfaithfull Wrote: Both team love to run the ball should be a barn burner do not kno much about them all beside they like to run football

Lawd have mercy. This is a t-shirt that needs made. .
^LOL, I'd buy one
[-] The following 1 user Likes Glory_Days's post:
  • DangerMouse
Winner goes to State!
This one could go either way, IMO.
I don't know much about Bell County other than what I've read about Daniel Thomas. Hart County plays an old school type of smash mouth football that isn't particularly flashy... But it just simply works. Sweep left, sweep right, run right up the gut. They do have a QB that I have to give credit to. He's pulled them out of a couple of pinches this season, including a hail mary touchdown to save their perfect season against Glasgow earlier in the year. I suspect we'll see a classic at Raider Stadium tonight!
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Egregious One's post:
  • BobcatForever
Time to find out of Hart Co measures up to mountain football as a couple posters doubted a few weeks ago.
I saw that Hart Co. has a “4 Horsemen”? 4 players with 500 rushing yards or more? To me IMO, who has had a better schedule and who they put those yardage against. Looking at both team’s schedule, sorry but no one stands out. So it’s safe to say, tonight’s game is “run left, run right and run up the middle” for both team.
(11-24-2023, 03:08 PM)The Egregious One Wrote: I don't know much about Bell County other than what I've read about Daniel Thomas.  Hart County plays an old school type of smash mouth football that isn't particularly flashy... But it just simply works.  Sweep left, sweep right, run right up the gut.  They do have a QB that I have to give credit to.  He's pulled them out of a couple of pinches this season, including a hail mary touchdown to save their perfect season against Glasgow earlier in the year.  I suspect we'll see a classic at Raider Stadium tonight!
Should be a dandy that is What the Bobcats play just good o'l smash mouth football!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes BobcatForever's post:
  • The Egregious One
(11-24-2023, 06:16 PM)Glory_Days Wrote: Time to find out of Hart Co measures up to mountain football as a couple posters doubted a few weeks ago.
30-13 with 5 min to go. Ran for way over 300 yards. plus pikeville… Mountain football.
(11-25-2023, 12:37 AM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote:
(11-24-2023, 06:16 PM)Glory_Days Wrote: Time to find out of Hart Co measures up to mountain football as a couple posters doubted a few weeks ago.
30-13 with 5 min to go. Ran for way over 300 yards. plus pikeville… Mountain football.

They measured up whether you decide to admit it or not.... final 30-28. Total yards Bell 303, Hart 384.
A holding call and a turnover were the only two times Hart got stopped. Bell got stopped once but they were milking clock. The other times they got stopped were end of half, and end of game. Both teams played good football. Congrats Bell Co and hope you pull the upset next week!
(11-26-2023, 10:49 AM)Glory_Days Wrote:

They measured up whether you decide to admit it or not.... final 30-28. Total yards Bell 303, Hart 384.
A holding call and a turnover were the only two times Hart got stopped. Bell got stopped once but they were milking clock. The other times they got stopped were end of half, and end of game. Both teams played good football. Congrats Bell Co and hope you pull the upset next week!
If you wanna look back 45 years, if a team can match up physically against bell, they have to throw. The ball was only in the air on 2pt. conversions. Bell was never in a situation where they had to throw, which means they were confident enough to run. The mentality that they can bully ball people has worked in every game, and the only thing that has stopped them is penalties. Going back to game one, there’s only 2-3 drives where the starters are in and they didn’t get in the endzone without killer penalties. False starts and holding killed them against rock, and was the reason they couldn’t convert on the drives on friday. Watch the front 5 guys in blue and white, and you can see a 2-3 yard push every play until hart started to cut, and even then got movement. Plus the countless times a bell player would knock the snot outta someone in orange. So i stand by the point mountain physicality is a different breed. 

Bell has got to eliminate the penalties and missed tackles to be able to stay with cal, and even then it may not be enough. Hart showed the weakness of bell all year, speed. But bell showed that physicality is always in their favor. 

Harts QB was a hidden gem that should’ve been used more, but by the time he started throwing, they were down 17. Hopefully with the loss of some of those “horsemen” they don’t fall off cause the coach sounded like a really good guy in his interviews. He even said he wanted to be Bell, but he’s gotta focus on the guys up front first.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gridiron_Raid's post:
  • BobcatForever
(11-26-2023, 11:22 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote:
(11-26-2023, 10:49 AM)Glory_Days Wrote:

If you wanna look back 45 years, if a team can match up physically against bell, they have to throw. The ball was only in the air on 2pt. conversions. Bell was never in a situation where they had to throw, which means they were confident enough to run. The mentality that they can bully ball people has worked in every game, and the only thing that has stopped them is penalties. Going back to game one, there’s only 2-3 drives where the starters are in and they didn’t get in the endzone without killer penalties. False starts and holding killed them against rock, and was the reason they couldn’t convert on the drives on friday. Watch the front 5 guys in blue and white, and you can see a 2-3 yard push every play until hart started to cut, and even then got movement. Plus the countless times a bell player would knock the snot outta someone in orange. So i stand by the point mountain physicality is a different breed. 

Bell has got to eliminate the penalties and missed tackles to be able to stay with cal, and even then it may not be enough. Hart showed the weakness of bell all year, speed. But bell showed that physicality is always in their favor. 

Harts QB was a hidden gem that should’ve been used more, but by the time he started throwing, they were down 17. Hopefully with the loss of some of those “horsemen” they don’t fall off cause the coach sounded like a really good guy in his interviews. He even said he wanted to be Bell, but he’s gotta focus on the guys up front first.

First, I never said anything negative about mountain football. I never made any statements doubting the physicality of mountain football either so give it a rest with all this bravado. I don't need to look back, I've watched high school football for many years and fully understand Bell Co's style and successful history. This all started when I made a rebuttal to someone's comment that Belfry was better than most of the remaining teams. All I said was that 7 of the 8 were as good or better. Ended up being 8 of 8 because East Carter proved themselves worthy too, by taking Bell Co to overtime. I find it disrespectful to the teams that advanced but frankly it's annoying as hell. It's no different than posters claiming they have the better team after a loss. You decided to jump into this like it was a personal attack on mountain football as a whole. You should move to Boyle Co or Fort Thomas; you'd fit in good with the way you get so defensive.

Second, I'm not a Hart Co fan or affiliated in any way, shape, or form. Yes, I like they had a good year because it's always nice to see fresh faces and improving programs. There are several other teams throughout the state I've enjoyed seeing have newfound success. Parity is good for sports especially in this recruiting era that the KHSAA let's run wild. I'll stand by my statement that Hart Co measured up to Bell Co and could've to Belfry. I'll add Union Co and Franklin-Simpson too. Again, good luck to Bell Co as I'll be rooting for them to beat CAL.

Your perception of the game seems a bit skewed by your overwhelming bias. This game was a battle blow for blow with only a few variances.

1) Neither team stopped the other without assistance. I tried explaining this earlier. Hart Co had six possessions and scored on four. A holding call, and a turnover stopped the other two. Bell Co had seven possessions scoring on four. The end of half, a false start, and the end of game only stopped them. Credit Bell Co for coming up with the big turnover or better yet, holding on to the football in a run dominate game. Hart Co was fortunate because they put it on the ground multiple times and only lost the one.

2) Down 22-13 mid 3Q, Hart Co was about to score when they fumbled at the 12-yard line. Everyone watching the game saw from the start that both offenses were very successful running the ball so any sort of stop or turnover would have a great impact on the final. Bell Co marched down and scored to go up 30-13. Hart Co continued running the ball with success until time became a factor. So, they didn't abandon the run because they weren't successful. They converted the last 29 yards of an 85-yard drive by passing to make it 30-21 after running it in for the 2 pt conversion. I believe there was a 15-yard facemask on that drive too. The last drive was mostly passing yards, if not all. I know the TD was a long pass going for around 40 yards. This time they kicked the PAT and rightfully so, to make it 30-28

3) Bell Co went 3/4 on conversions for 2 points each. Hart Co went 1/2 on 2's and 2/2 on PATs. Early in the game Hart Co scored to go up 13-6 and decided to go for the 2 points but failed. The math says kick the extra point and go up 14-6 (Gardner was 40/43 on the season). It ultimately cost them a chance to tie the game at the end. The score would've been 30-22 before scoring their final TD. Credit Bell Co QB for completing two passes on 2 pt conversions after Thomas was stopped on the attempt following the first TD. Thomas later converted after their fourth TD.

4) Hart Co defense held Daniel Thomas slightly under his season average in yards per game (236 compared to 263) but significantly in yards per attempt (5.75 compared to 10.2). They didn't hold him under his TD average per game (4 compared to 3.8)

In summary..... The 1:0 turnover ratio and the points made after TDs (6 to 4 in favor of Bell Co) were the difference in this ball game. Nothing more nothing less.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Glory_Days's post:
  • BobcatForever
Pulling for Bell County. My money on LCA…….Hint,Hint
You'll lose that money as LCA got beat in the 2A regional finals. Tongue hahaha, we all know you meant CAL