Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Daniel Thomas Mr. Football
Priceless !
Congratulations and well deserved
What??  You must be pretty young….because this is an absurd statement.  Nothing against Mayer, Robinson and Alexander…. But….  Let me  toss a few names out for you….Paul Hornug, Dermontti Dawson, Tim Couch, Phil Simms and Joe Jacoby.  Just to name a few.  There is no comparison.  HS and College comparisons are way to subjective to try and compare and analyze due to offensive style, size of school, classification, etc etc.  but….Robinson and Mayer are not in the conversation…..at least not YET.

Dear Lord, but I LOVED Joe Jacoby!!!!
How old ARE you Josey??
Congratulations.. Awesome..
Does anyone have his size? Is he power 5, mid major FCS player?
Voters did the right thing. This is still a high school award given for the body of work and not projections or future potential.
Congratulations Daniel Thomas!!
(12-09-2023, 02:32 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: What??  You must be pretty young….because this is an absurd statement.  Nothing against Mayer, Robinson and Alexander…. But….  Let me  toss a few names out for you….Paul Hornug, Dermontti Dawson, Tim Couch, Phil Simms and Joe Jacoby.  Just to name a few.  There is no comparison.  HS and College comparisons are way to subjective to try and compare and analyze due to offensive style, size of school, classification, etc etc.  but….Robinson and Mayer are not in the conversation…..at least not YET.

Dear Lord, but I LOVED Joe Jacoby!!!!
How old ARE you Josey??
They beat my Dolphins, but I still loved watching John Riggins run  behind Joe Jacoby.