Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some thoughts going into next week's state semifinal games
I was just looking at the 12 state semifinals games next week across all classes based on this year's RPI that only 3 of the 12 games will be played east of Louisville. I just found that interesting. Also, maybe even more interesting is that 5 of the 12 games are being played west of Louisville. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?
I’m counting 4 East, 4 West, and 4 in Louisville. Campbellsville, Franklin Co., Highlands, CovCath all East of Louisville.
I guess technically Campbellsville is a few miles east of Louisville I wasn't considering it.
(11-18-2023, 02:30 AM)16BBall Fan Wrote: I was just looking at the 12 state semifinals games next week across all classes based on this year's RPI that only 3 of the 12 games will be played east of Louisville. I just found that interesting. Also, maybe even more interesting is that 5 of the 12 games are being played west of Louisville. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?
Change louisville to lexington and then make louisville its own thing. But my thing is how many teams east of lexington are favored this week on the road over teams west of lexington.
I’m going straight out and telling you all, watch PT. They are the most underrated bunch in the state. If they play disciplined and error free in the next two games you all will be posting about how they may very well be the best team in the state.
[-] The following 2 users Like mysonis55's post:
  • Granny Bear, truebluefan89
(11-18-2023, 10:20 AM)mysonis55 Wrote: I’m going straight out and telling you all, watch PT. They are the most underrated bunch in the state. If they play disciplined and error free in the next two games you all will be posting about how they may very well be the best team in the state.

Playoff Tilghman is always a different animal from regular season Tilghman, and the regular season version was already pretty damn good.
(11-18-2023, 10:20 AM)mysonis55 Wrote: I’m going straight out and telling you all, watch PT. They are the most underrated bunch in the state. If they play disciplined and error free in the next two games you all will be posting about how they may very well be the best team in the state.
I think the same thing could be said about cov cath. I guess we shall see
[-] The following 1 user Likes Woodsman's post:
  • Jack Lambert
I've seen film on PT for about 5 weeks now... let's not disrespect the others in the group. Cov Cath has a storied tradition and are #1 RPI, Franklin has been in this round 4 years in a row, Boyle is King of Kentucky, PT is very very dangerous The guys are here...let's see what happens.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hogs02's post:
  • Holy Bull
I like PTs chances, but they will have to play 8 great quarters.
Facts are facts all 4 teams left in 4A are 13-0, they all have beat some good teams along the way and have earned to be where they are at
I don’t think anyone believes that there are any cupcakes left.
Quite on the contrary there are 4 teams left playing that could possibly win any class in the state.
It will come down to who is healthy and who makes the fewest mistakes because all 4 have the ability to make you pay dearly for those mistakes.
I like Boyle and Covington Catholic in the 4A Title game!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jack Lambert's post:
  • 16BBall Fan
Paducah Tilghman hasn’t play nobody besides your 2A Mayfield team. Lol!!
My thoughts exactly, you can’t play a cream puff schedule like that and expect to be prepared to play against the top teams in the state to be the best you have to play the best and I think Tilghman’s schedule weak schedule catches up with them this coming Friday when they travel to Covington Catholic, if I’m wrong I’ll eat Crow.

(11-20-2023, 12:00 AM)64SUR Wrote:
Paducah Tilghman hasn’t play nobody besides your 2A Mayfield team. Lol!!