Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mayfield 58 LCA 36
(11-18-2023, 02:16 AM)Shogun Wrote: Is horse collar tackle really not an automatic first down at the high school level, or did the refs blow that one early in the game?

Nothing is an automatic first down under high school rules unless it's got roughing in the title "passer, snapper, holder, kicker". All other fouls carry normal enforcement.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dodger's post:
  • Glory_Days
(11-18-2023, 10:00 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: Man, we turned it on the Red Helmet to watch the last part of this game and it was the best announcers I had listened to just being honest about there team. We was cracking up and you could feel the joy of a big time win as they spoke. I have to eat crow and gladly so when Mayfield flat out dominated LCA in who I thought was this year the best team in 2A. I honestly hope Mayfield winst the 2A Championship after last nights big win! But hats off the the Red Helmet guys. We enjoyed it listenting to it on the way home last night. We enjoyed it.
Thank you! I'm the guy behind the camera for RHV (Red Helmet Video) and we LOVE what we do... and love Big Red football!
(11-20-2023, 03:40 PM)dodger Wrote:
(11-18-2023, 02:16 AM)Shogun Wrote: Is horse collar tackle really not an automatic first down at the high school level, or did the refs blow that one early in the game?

Nothing is an automatic first down under high school rules unless it's got roughing in the title "passer, snapper, holder, kicker".  All other fouls carry normal enforcement.

I was not aware of that. Thanks for the info!
(11-20-2023, 12:32 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(11-18-2023, 05:15 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(11-18-2023, 02:11 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: Always love seeing Mayfield win and the Christians lose!!!  Double win for Old School. 

WIN #13, CARDS!!!

Hating God is going to end very badly for you but don't worry, it's only for eternity...

I don't hate God.  Can't hate something that has never, ever been proved to exist.  ZERO evidence!!! But lots of evidence suggesting much of it is made up. Do your due diligence and do some research.

This  brilliant man sums up my views on the subject.  Surely, you have 2 minutes to venture outside your cocoon of religious tapes & CDs to hear why the world's preeminent astrophysicist explain why he is less and less convinced of a benevolent power in the universe. No matter how many CDs you order or how much CBN you watch, you and I and Dr DeGrasse-Tyson are all gonna end the same way ---in the ground, or dust in the wind---for eternity. It's not as pleasant a thought as what you were brainwashed to believe from childhood,  but as Dr Sagan said:  “The significance of our lives and our fragile planet is then determined only by our own wisdom and courage. We are the custodians of life's meaning. We long for a Parent to care for us, to forgive us our errors, to save us from our childish mistakes. But knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. If we crave some cosmic purpose, then let us find ourselves a worthy goal.”

Find yourself a worthy goal, Jet.

GO CARDINALS!!!  Bring back #13 !!!!

LOL! You believe in "In the beginning there was nothing, and then it blew up" LOL
(11-18-2023, 02:06 AM)Micro-Brew Wrote:
(11-18-2023, 02:00 AM)Shogun Wrote:
(11-18-2023, 01:38 AM)ArmChairHC Wrote: I’m completely baffled. This is the biggest regional upset, imo, since Raceland was beaten by an incredibly young LCA team in 2008. Idk if you can call it an upset with Mayfields history. Either way I didn’t see a Mayfield win, let alone a blow out.

Wasn’t as much of a blowout as the score indicates. It was 30-29 to start the 4th quarter. Mayfield was just all gas no brakes from the jump and LCA’s only horse in Hensley eventually tired. Boley threw two picks in the 4th, one returned for a TD to put Mayfield up three scores, the other to seal the deal. Like I said in the prediction thread, you take away Hensley and force Boley to beat you, and LCA becomes a much more beatable team. Mayfield did that.

(11-18-2023, 01:58 AM)mysonis55 Wrote: Another thing about this game. Everyone across the state was expecting a huge game by Hensley, when it was a big game by JuJu Starks instead.

Absolutely, Juju was a stud tonight.
Does anyone else find it interesting that your SEC committed QB is your weak link? A kid that has offers from almost every major school in every major conference is who a high school team from the football powerhouse state of Ky would rather try to force to beat them  than a RB that’s committed to a FCS school…..
If Boley makes it as a starter for UK I will be very surprised. I hope I am wrong about him. He just reminds me so much of Bo Allen.
(11-20-2023, 06:14 PM)yellowstone Wrote:
(11-18-2023, 02:06 AM)Micro-Brew Wrote:
(11-18-2023, 02:00 AM)Shogun Wrote:
(11-18-2023, 01:38 AM)ArmChairHC Wrote: I’m completely baffled. This is the biggest regional upset, imo, since Raceland was beaten by an incredibly young LCA team in 2008. Idk if you can call it an upset with Mayfields history. Either way I didn’t see a Mayfield win, let alone a blow out.

Wasn’t as much of a blowout as the score indicates. It was 30-29 to start the 4th quarter. Mayfield was just all gas no brakes from the jump and LCA’s only horse in Hensley eventually tired. Boley threw two picks in the 4th, one returned for a TD to put Mayfield up three scores, the other to seal the deal. Like I said in the prediction thread, you take away Hensley and force Boley to beat you, and LCA becomes a much more beatable team. Mayfield did that.

(11-18-2023, 01:58 AM)mysonis55 Wrote: Another thing about this game. Everyone across the state was expecting a huge game by Hensley, when it was a big game by JuJu Starks instead.

Absolutely, Juju was a stud tonight.
Does anyone else find it interesting that your SEC committed QB is your weak link? A kid that has offers from almost every major school in every major conference is who a high school team from the football powerhouse state of Ky would rather try to force to beat them  than a RB that’s committed to a FCS school…..
If Boley makes it as a starter for UK I will be very surprised. I hope I am wrong about him. He just reminds me so much of Bo Allen.

I hope I'm wrong as well, but Beau Allen and Kaiya Sheron were both better in high school.

(11-20-2023, 05:50 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(11-20-2023, 12:32 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(11-18-2023, 05:15 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(11-18-2023, 02:11 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: Always love seeing Mayfield win and the Christians lose!!!  Double win for Old School. 

WIN #13, CARDS!!!

Hating God is going to end very badly for you but don't worry, it's only for eternity...

I don't hate God.  Can't hate something that has never, ever been proved to exist.  ZERO evidence!!! But lots of evidence suggesting much of it is made up. Do your due diligence and do some research.

This  brilliant man sums up my views on the subject.  Surely, you have 2 minutes to venture outside your cocoon of religious tapes & CDs to hear why the world's preeminent astrophysicist explain why he is less and less convinced of a benevolent power in the universe. No matter how many CDs you order or how much CBN you watch, you and I and Dr DeGrasse-Tyson are all gonna end the same way ---in the ground, or dust in the wind---for eternity. It's not as pleasant a thought as what you were brainwashed to believe from childhood,  but as Dr Sagan said:  “The significance of our lives and our fragile planet is then determined only by our own wisdom and courage. We are the custodians of life's meaning. We long for a Parent to care for us, to forgive us our errors, to save us from our childish mistakes. But knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. If we crave some cosmic purpose, then let us find ourselves a worthy goal.”

Find yourself a worthy goal, Jet.

GO CARDINALS!!!  Bring back #13 !!!!

LOL! You believe in "In the beginning there was nothing, and then it blew up" LOL

Change his mind then.
(11-18-2023, 01:19 PM)mysonis55 Wrote: I don’t know how many realized this. The UK commit came to War Memorial last night and threw 2 touchdown passes to red helmets and one to white helmets.

Yep, and special shout out to Zane Cartwright. He's too young to think about being and old fart but he will always be able to look back and say he outplayed this highly touted recruit. TWICE! Congratulations young man, to your receivers, linemen, and to those on the defensive side that helped sway those stats.

I'll admit that I thought Boley would get the chance to redeem himself and make good. He was in a favorable situation because teams need to commit so many toward stopping Hensley. He ran into a team who's secondary can play man coverage very well!! Those jumped routes were a thing of beauty.

(11-18-2023, 06:02 PM)IAM22 Wrote: High school football don't usually have talent all over the field.
There has to be things in place to match the talent level of the QB if you are to be a dynamic passing team.

Well, LCA went out and got him one of the best RB's in the state taking a massive amount of pressure off the passing game. He has a huge line and some great WR's.... no excuses.