Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remembering Robbie Lucas ..
11/13/2022 
Kentucky, lost not only a great coach, but a great leader of men.
 A man who was selfless in everything he done.
 A man who always put kids first and changed lives. 
As we all enjoy the best part of every year (weeks 3-5) of Kentucky high school Football. 
Everyone remember with me Coach Lucas and the impact he made, not only on the game of football but,on the lives of so many kids ….
Rest Easy my friend …
10/7/1972-11/13/2022
[-] The following 7 users Like Deuce8's post:
  • Bull got out!, DangerMouse, Danville Blue Devil, Granny Bear, pjdoug, TD Hounds, Walt Longmire
Did not realize it had been a year. Tough for a program to lose a coach. Could be part of Somerset’s success this season is a little bit of divine help.
[-] The following 3 users Like DangerMouse's post:
  • Deuce8, Hi Risk Warrior, Jumper Dad
One of the greatest comeback wins I ever watched in person. The Somerset Class 2A state Championship!!! Heard that Robbie didn't even want to interview, said something like, talk to the players......
[-] The following 4 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • Danville Blue Devil, Deuce8, Hatz, Walt Longmire
(11-11-2023, 10:50 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: One of the greatest comeback wins I ever watched in person. The Somerset Class 2A state Championship!!! Heard that Robbie didn't even want to interview, said something like, talk to the players......

Coach would never take credit for the wins, but always took responsibility for the losses.  
I had the pleasure of working with Coach Lucas for 2 years as booster club vice president and president while my son was in school.  He was a very humble person that always put his players first.  He's greatly missed.   Somerset football lost 2 big members of its football family in the last year or so in Coach Lucas and Jeff Perkins who played at Somerset, was an assistant coach and head coach.  Jeff was down on the sideline for the win against Mayfield, and in the pictures and videos he's as excited as the kids.  I'm glad that he and Robbie were able to get that championship.  Godspeed my friends.
[-] The following 4 users Like Walt Longmire's post:
  • Bull got out!, Danville Blue Devil, Deuce8, Jumper Dad
Yes sir. I am forever Grateful to have known both men. First class in every way.
[-] The following 3 users Like Deuce8's post:
  • Bull got out!, Danville Blue Devil, Jumper Dad
(11-11-2023, 10:50 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: One of the greatest comeback wins I ever watched in person. The Somerset Class 2A state Championship!!! Heard that Robbie didn't even want to interview, said something like, talk to the players......
I’ll never forget …
when we got back in town the bus fell right into the Christmas parade.
Kids and everyone got off the busses along with Robbie .
The busses left …………,and he just smiled and said “I guess we are walking back to the field house.”
so thru the entire parade route we walked back .. smiling ear to ear …
[-] The following 3 users Like Deuce8's post:
  • Bull got out!, Danville Blue Devil, Walt Longmire
A great guy and great coach
[-] The following 1 user Likes 64SUR's post:
  • Deuce8
Never knew him BUT he coached some awfully good teams that were a testament to the coach he was. Didn’t like seeing Danville get beat by those teams, but respected how physically they played the game and how well coached they were.
[-] The following 2 users Like Danville Blue Devil's post:
  • Deuce8, Walt Longmire
I did not realize it until someone pointed it out earlier ,that Coach Lucas and his staff had never lost a regional championship game. A perfect 7-0 Awesome !!!!!!!!!
[-] The following 2 users Like Deuce8's post:
  • Bull got out!, Walt Longmire