Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bath County Football
More than one person in Morehead and Owingsville has asked "when do they announce Scooter Charles"?

So.

When?
(12-04-2023, 04:14 PM)strepxe Wrote: More than one person in Morehead and Owingsville has asked "when do they announce Scooter Charles"?

So.

When?

I’ve heard similar talk. It’s going to be hard to find a better candidate for the job than Coach Charles. He’s been a winner in every program he’s ever been in.
[-] The following 1 user Likes GTownDevil's post:
  • Bandit29
(12-04-2023, 06:37 PM)GTownDevil Wrote:
(12-04-2023, 04:14 PM)strepxe Wrote: More than one person in Morehead and Owingsville has asked "when do they announce Scooter Charles"?

So.

When?

I’ve heard similar talk. It’s going to be hard to find a better candidate for the job than Coach Charles. He’s been a winner in every program he’s ever been in.
Rumor i heard, is that some surrounding counties youth players have their eyes on this search. Certain larger programs are unhappy with their coach, and kids are looking to play for a winner if the rumors are true and Charles comes to Owingsville.
(12-05-2023, 11:37 AM)strepxe Wrote:

So.

When?

Rumor i heard, is that some surrounding counties youth players have their eyes on this search. Certain larger programs are unhappy with their coach, and kids are looking to play for a winner if the rumors are true and Charles comes to Owingsville.
hah!!!! Youth football players are eyeing this job!!! making major moves to Bath County!! COME ON BRO!!
(12-05-2023, 12:38 PM)FCSPY Wrote:

So.

When?

hah!!!! Youth football players are eyeing this job!!! making major moves to Bath County!! COME ON BRO!!
I mean 20 years ago I would have laughed at this too but in today's world that's a pretty big deal and especially for a program like Bath Co. who is in the heart of huge counties with unsuccessful football programs. (Rowan, Montgomery, Clark) Getting kids from those areas to Bath is program changing in a very weak 2a outside of the very top.
(12-05-2023, 12:42 PM)HSFOOTBALL Wrote:

So.

When?

I mean 20 years ago I would have laughed at this too but in today's world that's a pretty big deal and especially for a program like Bath Co. who is in the heart of huge counties with unsuccessful football programs. (Rowan, Montgomery, Clark) Getting kids from those areas to Bath is program changing in a very weak 2a outside of the very top.
Bath County is 3A.

So.

When?

Not a doubt in my mind that if Scooter was ultimately the choice they will find success. Has been successful across multiple sports at various schools.
(12-05-2023, 03:12 PM)Smoke’m Wrote:
(12-05-2023, 12:42 PM)HSFOOTBALL Wrote:
(12-04-2023, 06:37 PM)GTownDevil Wrote: I’ve heard similar talk. It’s going to be hard to find a better candidate for the job than Coach Charles. He’s been a winner in every program he’s ever been in.
Bath County is 3A.
Even Weaker.
My sources in Owingsville say that Gene Peterson is on the radar.
(12-07-2023, 01:13 PM)Smoke’m Wrote: My sources in Owingsville say that Gene Peterson is on the radar.
They will be hiring again in 2 or 3 years.
I know he's well respected. But I have never seen what others see in him.
[-] The following 1 user Likes strepxe's post:
  • FCSPY
(12-09-2023, 12:59 PM)strepxe Wrote: I know he's well respected. But I have never seen what others see in him.
Nothing personal against him, just moves around a lot.
Peterson was entrenched for most of his career at Fleming. I think since he retired; he moves about looking for opportunities.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ROTC's post:
  • BTP
(12-09-2023, 02:47 PM)ROTC Wrote: Peterson was entrenched for most of his career at Fleming.  I think since he retired; he moves about looking for opportunities.
Is Peterson the guy here you think?
Wasn’t he there as offensive coordinator a couple of years ago?
I think he was. I can't help but wonder if the game has passed him by though. It's been a long time since Gene has had wins on the field...
[-] The following 1 user Likes strepxe's post:
  • Bandit29
Well, Lewis Co and KCU are tough jobs for any coach. He was running a spread; wide open attack before it was the “norm”. Fleming used to be pretty good at sprinting to a trips with three levels of routes and a mobile QB to attack your flat defender. Then, they would run the DW and Stack I to put games on ice after they gained a lead.

I don’t know what his energy level is, but I doubt “the game” has passed him by.
(12-09-2023, 05:23 PM)ROTC Wrote: Well, Lewis Co and KCU are tough jobs for any coach.  He was running a spread; wide open attack before it was the “norm”.  Fleming used to be pretty good at sprinting to a trips with three levels of routes and a mobile QB to attack your flat defender.  Then, they would run the DW and Stack I to put games on ice after they gained a lead.

I don’t know what his energy level is, but I doubt “the game” has passed him by.
Did he do the same thing at Manchester, Rowan, and Lewis? Or what did he run there to have success.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BTP's post:
  • Bandit29
Gene would be a great guy to get the program on steady ground, if that is your goal, no better person IMO. However that is as far as it goes.. not gonnna build a feeder system, booster club, and start really changing the culture of long term success.. But then again.. how many people really do that at a place like bath? 0.
Has this position not been hired?
(12-09-2023, 07:15 PM)BTP Wrote:
(12-09-2023, 05:23 PM)ROTC Wrote: Well, Lewis Co and KCU are tough jobs for any coach.  He was running a spread; wide open attack before it was the “norm”.  Fleming used to be pretty good at sprinting to a trips with three levels of routes and a mobile QB to attack your flat defender.  Then, they would run the DW and Stack I to put games on ice after they gained a lead.

Did he do the same thing at Manchester, Rowan, and Lewis? Or what did he run there to have success.

That is a great question...
Currently youth league players in the tri-county areas are on standby... Scooter is waiting for the final word!
This has been quiet the last month. Seemed like Peterson or Scooter were the two names mentioned the most. Anybody heard anything?

(01-11-2024, 04:12 PM)FCSPY Wrote: Currently youth league players in the tri-county areas are on standby... Scooter is  waiting for the final word!

I think youth players will flock to Bath if Scooter is the guy!
[-] The following 1 user Likes BTP's post:
  • Bandit29
(01-12-2024, 10:39 AM)BTP Wrote: This has been quiet the last month. Seemed like Peterson or Scooter were the two names mentioned the most. Anybody heard anything?

(01-11-2024, 04:12 PM)FCSPY Wrote: Currently youth league players in the tri-county areas are on standby... Scooter is  waiting for the final word!

I think youth players will flock to Bath if Scooter is the guy!

In droves!!! I am sure,
I heard names today…..if accurate and the next coach is one of them it will serve notice to other districts seeking a coach: this is what happens when the search committee is site base/ administration based and not a football/ athletic based committee. Multiple well qualified applicants were interviewed (I have talked to several personally). The names I heard today were not in that group. If it plays out the position will be open again next off season. I hope that my intel is wrong.
(11-12-2023, 08:45 PM)Smoke’m Wrote:
(11-12-2023, 07:34 PM)strepxe Wrote:
(11-12-2023, 02:14 PM)ROTC Wrote: Bath County used to always have a “Clemons” or “Jones” on the squad from Sharpsburg that could run and make plays!

QUESTION:  would Scooter Charles from over at Rowan be interested in this job?

been leading the Scooter bandwagon for a while. His offense at Rowan was impressive and he’s won in multiple sports at multiple levels. 

Bath needs to call him.

I like scooter as much as the next person. But Rowan’s offense looked like a pee-wee offense. Only 130 points scored. Bottom two in the class…..why would Bath want that? Not much of a step up.

He hasn't coached Rowan in a couple of years.  He sure didn't run an offense anything close to what they were trying to do this past year.