Poll: Who Will Win?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Boyle
79.22%
Corbin
20.78%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Corbin @ Boyle County 11/17 3RD ROUND
Corbin better air it out in order to win. Play the twins on offense and TRY to slow down Quisenberry. I'm sure Greer will have a game plan for Quisenberry. Boyle has other weapons but none compare to Quisenberry and like I said in the other thread D Brown hasn't impressed me this year and his numbers aren't very good. I thought he would have better numbers.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Footballfan33's post:
  • Old School Hound
I have to ask: how is Corbin better than Boyle? By admission of Corbin fans, Boyle is better coached. By admission of Corbin fans, Boyle is faster. The disagreement appears to be on which team is more physical.

The best tool for comparison is to look at a common opponent: FD. Boyle’s defense fought hard and dominated in the 4th quarter. Boyle set the pace. What of Corbin? The Redhounds were locked in a desperate fight that could have easily gone either way. I submit this as evidence; what is evidence to the contrary?
(11-11-2023, 06:26 PM)The Red Eminence Wrote: I have to ask: how is Corbin better than Boyle? By admission of Corbin fans, Boyle is better coached. By admission of Corbin fans, Boyle is faster. The disagreement appears to be on which team is more physical.

The best tool for comparison is to look at a common opponent: FD. Boyle’s defense fought hard and dominated in the 4th quarter. Boyle set the pace. What of Corbin? The Redhounds were locked in a desperate fight that could have easily gone either way. I submit this as evidence; what is evidence to the contrary?
The Douglass score was misleading. Corbin was in the red zone five or six times. Conservative playcalling led to just one score out of all the RZ opportunities. Corbin's offense of today would score most of those times. Had one fumble recovery that would have been a TD called back by the refs who said it was an incomplete pass(it wasn't). Had a turnover caused a twin right at the end of first half as time ran out. Corbin would have been deep in Douglass territory for yet another scoring chance. The game could have well been a 34-0 final.
I think Bodner and Dawson will get shut down. The twins on the edge can stop them. However, there is no man on that corbin sideline that can stay in front of Quisenberry. They will limit his touches as much as possible, but if Boyle can get him the ball more than 10 times in space, they can win by a score or more. The battle in the trenches will be won by the red hounds but speed kills and Quisenberry is one of the best athletes I have ever seen. But honestly nobody can make an accurate prediction when you got the twins playing, they change a game more than probably any player in the state.
(11-11-2023, 06:35 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: I think Bodner and Dawson will get shut down. The twins on the edge can stop them. However, there is no man on that corbin sideline that can stay in front of Quisenberry. They will limit his touches as much as possible, but if Boyle can get him the ball more than 10 times in space, they can win by a score or more. The battle in the trenches will be won by the red hounds but speed kills and Quisenberry is one of the best athletes I have ever seen. But honestly nobody can make an accurate prediction when you got the twins playing, they change a game more than probably any player in the state.

Probably pretty accurate. 

Corbin needs a miscue or two by Boyle, imo.   The Twins are the most likely candidates. Twin 0 caused a fumble last night and twin 99 took it to the house for six. They can be gamechangers.
(11-11-2023, 06:26 PM)The Red Eminence Wrote: I have to ask: how is Corbin better than Boyle? By admission of Corbin fans, Boyle is better coached. By admission of Corbin fans, Boyle is faster. The disagreement appears to be on which team is more physical.

First off, don’t let. Troll misguide your perception. No one thinks Corbin is the better team but will lose anyways. The better team will win. But yea, boyle is def better coaches. Boyle is way faster. I’ve seen them play 3 times this year that I can remember, I do think Corbin is more physical, but some of it is attributed to style of play. I think Corbin is better on both sides of the line, but they’ve got us in skills players on both sides especially since we don’t play ours on both sides, smdh!! 

if Corbin will open up the playbook and air it out some (not screen passes, I’m talking 10-15 yard routes mixed in with some deep) and not rely on the run. They give themselves a chance. FD was a prime example. We were throwing it early and it moving the ball. Then for some reason we went 80/20 run to pass. It slowed us down bad!! If they go in and try to just run on boyle and impose their will, we’ll get beat by 21. All that dancing Bailey does in the backfield won’t work against the speed of boyle. They’ll just have even more time to close in. Hit up in them. 3-4 yards is better than 0! But if we get some slants and comebacks, it keeps the D honest and will open up the run. If they do that, we stand a chance. We also need to get some speed on D in certain spots. Boyle will eat us up with post routes.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • know1
Boyle 42
Corbin 10
(11-11-2023, 06:34 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

The Douglass score was misleading. Corbin was in the red zone five or six times. Conservative playcalling led to just one score out of all the RZ opportunities. Corbin's offense of today would score most of those times. Had one fumble recovery that would have been a TD called back by the refs who said it was an incomplete pass(it wasn't). Had a turnover caused a twin right at the end of first half as time ran out. Corbin would have been deep in Douglass territory for yet another scoring chance. The game could have well been a 34-0 final.
It was also a home game for Corbin. Boyle was at Douglass. 

Nevermind the scores, though (Boyle's could have been a couple scores better, too), what about the stats? I think Boyle had like 400 yards of offense and held Douglass to 40 some. Almost all of it on one play.

(11-11-2023, 07:03 PM)know1 Wrote:
(11-11-2023, 06:34 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

It was also a home game for Corbin. Boyle was at Douglass. 

Nevermind the scores, though (Boyle's could have been a couple scores better, too), what about the stats? I think Boyle had like 400 yards of offense and held Douglass to 40 some. Almost all of it on one play.
I looked it up. Douglass had 250 yards v Corbin and 60 v Boyle.
[-] The following 1 user Likes know1's post:
  • The Red Eminence
Corbin vs Boyle. It's a shame this game couldn't be decided for all the marbles in the finals. 3RD Round Game for all the marbles between in my opinion the #1 team in the State of Kentucky vs the #2 Team in Class 4A.

1st of all I want to say for those who think Corbin is just a fluke team and they will just roll over. NO. They are the real deal. Corbin has some very elite talent themselves and it will show once the game is played. I'll start with Kid Elam. This QB is one of my favorites. I love the passing on a dime and the reads. He is tuff. Now he is the difference maker for Corbin. Then I'll go to my next favorite player in Carter Stewart. I really like this kid. He just needs to be utilized more.... Now on the defense, I for the first time have got to see two 4 stars play on the same team. They are better than advertised and just flat out can tear a offense apart. Corbin has the right amount of fire power to pull a upset at Boyle. Make no mistake about it. They are better than some may think.

Keys for a Corbin win: Corbin has to let Kid Elam control the game in the air and not by running the ball. IF you see Corbin running, then you can figure what will most likely happen.  Corbin's defense has to keep the Boyle offense off the field and in short possessions when they do have the ball. Defense has to create turnovers and keep the Corbin offense on the field.  If Corbin creates turnovers and can have success on both offense and defense, Corbin can win.

Boyle County: This is the best Boyle County team I have seen since Haddix has taken over. He has this team playing the best football at the right time. Boyle has a fast-striking offense and is capable of breaking a scoreboard any game they play. Weapons all over the field. Haddix no doubt will be on top of this one with his touch on the play calling. Defensively Boyle is better than some may think. Frederick Douglass at home is a different animal and Boyle made them like it. I witnessed it. That last quarter, they lined up and ran it down their throat and said stop us if you can. Now that was something to see in person. 1 yard line to a touchdown after 99 yards and running 9 minutes off the clock. That wowed me.

Keys for a Boyle win: Boyle just needs to keep doing what they have already done to every team they have played. Play hard and score at will. This will be the biggest test as Corbin has the best 2 players that Boyle will see on the field this season defensively. Boyle has to play call and take the twins out of the game and expose Corbin's weakness. Make no mistake about it, Haddix is just the man for the job. He has played against this kind of talent as a player and as a coach, knows how to beat them. Boyle has the best offensive team I have ever seen. Defensively Boyle has to limit Kid Elams downfield passes and keep the Corbin offense on the sideline. If successful on both sides of the ball Boyle wins. 

Both teams know what's at stake.  

Boyle 28
Corbin 14
[-] The following 4 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • Jack Lambert, know1, Patriot1, The Red Eminence
(11-11-2023, 02:50 PM)Holy Bull Wrote:
(11-11-2023, 02:04 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-11-2023, 02:03 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(11-11-2023, 02:00 PM)pjdoug To Wrote: I bet the Boyle County QB will be getting rid of  the ball quickly.

Ya think?  Big Grin    If he doesn't he will soon be known as Sage "TheHeadless" Rebel.

I'd hate to be a QB and see those guys coming at me. lol
I would think Corbin's whole secondary is likely more scared than Dawson knowing a missed tackle on Quisenberry, Dawson, Bodner and either of the Brown receivers will result in a long gain or TD. To me, that is more scary than a sack and more of a game changer because you can make up for the sack, but not the TDs. I would suggest some therapy this week to have them prepared for that as we know it is likely to happen and have them know life goes on. It's only a football game and do not worry about the Corbin faithful blaming them. It has happened to every team Boyle has played and Corbin athletes aren't that speedy.

It should be a great game for the players and the fans as there is much respect going around.

A speedy 6ft 3 270 lb defender trying to take your head off is always more scary than missing a tackle. I'm not a Corbin fan, but you'll need therapy by the end of the week Big Grin
(11-11-2023, 02:29 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: He has to anyway Doug his receivers are so fast ?

(11-03-2023, 07:35 AM)Old School 18 Wrote: Honestly not as bad as I thought. Even though i think whitley is better than there final record shows.

(11-11-2023, 02:00 PM)pjdoug Wrote: I bet the Boyle County QB will be getting rid of  the ball quickly.

He will have to be quicker than usual I'd guess. lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Jack Lambert
(11-11-2023, 06:24 PM)Footballfan33 Wrote: Corbin better air it out in order to win. Play the twins on offense and TRY to slow down Quisenberry. I'm sure Greer will have a game plan for Quisenberry. Boyle has other weapons but none compare to Quisenberry and like I said in the other thread D Brown hasn't impressed me this year and his. numbers aren't very good. I thought he would have better numbers.
You can bet your bottom dollar that Corbin will start the twins on offense, not sure that will go over well with some parents an team mates. Twins are the best defensive players I have ever witness play in eastern Kentucky but they ain’t offensive players.  Big Mistake. Corbin want know what hit them starting the 4thQ Boyle County players are built for 4 quarter of football 

Boyle County 42
Corbin 21
[-] The following 1 user Likes 64SUR's post:
  • Bull got out!
(11-11-2023, 09:25 PM)64SUR Wrote:
(11-11-2023, 06:24 PM)Footballfan33 Wrote: Corbin better air it out in order to win. Play the twins on offense and TRY to slow down Quisenberry. I'm sure Greer will have a game plan for Quisenberry. Boyle has other weapons but none compare to Quisenberry and like I said in the other thread D Brown hasn't impressed me this year and his. numbers aren't very good. I thought he would have better numbers.
You can bet your bottom dollar that Corbin will start the twins on offense, not sure that will go over well with some parents an team mates. Twins are the best defensive players I have ever witness play in eastern Kentucky but they ain’t offensive players.  Big Mistake. Corbin want know what hit them starting the 4thQ Boyle County players are built for 4 quarter of football 

Boyle County 42
Corbin 21

you’re saying the twins will start and play both ways? 
what positions? Who’s spots do they take?
(11-11-2023, 08:42 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Corbin vs Boyle. It's a shame this game couldn't be decided for all the marbles in the finals. 3RD Round Game for all the marbles between in my opinion the #1 team in the State of Kentucky vs the #2 Team in Class 4A.

1st of all I want to say for those who think Corbin is just a fluke team and they will just roll over. NO. They are the real deal. Corbin has some very elite talent themselves and it will show once the game is played. I'll start with Kid Elam. This QB is one of my favorites. I love the passing on a dime and the reads. He is tuff. Now he is the difference maker for Corbin. Then I'll go to my next favorite player in Carter Stewart. I really like this kid. He just needs to be utilized more.... Now on the defense, I for the first time have got to see two 4 stars play on the same team. They are better than advertised and just flat out can tear a offense apart. Corbin has the right amount of fire power to pull a upset at Boyle. Make no mistake about it. They are better than some may think.

Keys for a Corbin win: Corbin has to let Kid Elam control the game in the air and not by running the ball. IF you see Corbin running, then you can figure what will most likely happen.  Corbin's defense has to keep the Boyle offense off the field and in short possessions when they do have the ball. Defense has to create turnovers and keep the Corbin offense on the field.  If Corbin creates turnovers and can have success on both offense and defense, Corbin can win.

Boyle County: This is the best Boyle County team I have seen since Haddix has taken over. He has this team playing the best football at the right time. Boyle has a fast-striking offense and is capable of breaking a scoreboard any game they play. Weapons all over the field. Haddix no doubt will be on top of this one with his touch on the play calling. Defensively Boyle is better than some may think. Frederick Douglass at home is a different animal and Boyle made them like it. I witnessed it. That last quarter, they lined up and ran it down their throat and said stop us if you can. Now that was something to see in person. 1 yard line to a touchdown after 99 yards and running 9 minutes off the clock. That wowed me.

Keys for a Boyle win: Boyle just needs to keep doing what they have already done to every team they have played. Play hard and score at will. This will be the biggest test as Corbin has the best 2 players that Boyle will see on the field this season defensively. Boyle has to play call and take the twins out of the game and expose Corbin's weakness. Make no mistake about it, Haddix is just the man for the job. He has played against this kind of talent as a player and as a coach, knows how to beat them. Boyle has the best offensive team I have ever seen. Defensively Boyle has to limit Kid Elams downfield passes and keep the Corbin offense on the sideline. If successful on both sides of the ball Boyle wins. 

Both teams know what's at stake.  

Boyle 28
Corbin 14
Very good analysis! I’m with you 100% one thing I might add that is huge for boyle co. They have to play 4 qtrs. They can’t jack aroind like they did LCA and Lex cath, and then kick it on and put it away. I think Corbin’s D is good enough to where they can’t just go 3 scores in 5 min.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • Bull got out!
Boom ! Boom ! Boom !! I hate that cannon and so will Corbin fans on Friday night at about 10:00.

Yes, Corbin has the Smith Twins, but the Twins are not fast enough to catch Quisenberry.

Boyle rolls 35 - 14
(11-11-2023, 09:29 PM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote:
(11-11-2023, 09:25 PM)64SUR Wrote:

Boyle County 42
Corbin 21

you’re saying the twins will start and play both ways? 
what positions? Who’s spots do they take?
Just my opinion only.
After seeing film on both... Corbin is more talented, Boyle is coached better. This is the time of the year that Corbin fans begin to really think they will take home a trophy.

Boyle -24
Corbin-20
Boyle by 3 scores
Cattleman coming home for home coming this Friday. Lol!!! Coach
(11-11-2023, 06:58 PM)Hound05 Wrote:

First off, don’t let. Troll misguide your perception. No one thinks Corbin is the better team but will lose anyways. The better team will win. But yea, boyle is def better coaches. Boyle is way faster. I’ve seen them play 3 times this year that I can remember, I do think Corbin is more physical, but some of it is attributed to style of play. I think Corbin is better on both sides of the line, but they’ve got us in skills players on both sides especially since we don’t play ours on both sides, smdh!! 

if Corbin will open up the playbook and air it out some (not screen passes, I’m talking 10-15 yard routes mixed in with some deep) and not rely on the run. They give themselves a chance. FD was a prime example. We were throwing it early and it moving the ball. Then for some reason we went 80/20 run to pass. It slowed us down bad!! If they go in and try to just run on boyle and impose their will, we’ll get beat by 21. All that dancing Bailey does in the backfield won’t work against the speed of boyle. They’ll just have even more time to close in. Hit up in them. 3-4 yards is better than 0! But if we get some slants and comebacks, it keeps the D honest and will open up the run. If they do that, we stand a chance. We also need to get some speed on D in certain spots. Boyle will eat us up with post routes.
With that defense, I don't see why Corbin doesn't let the QB call some plays and open the offense up.
(11-11-2023, 11:37 PM)64SUR Wrote: Cattleman coming home for home coming this Friday. Lol!!! Coach

Where's the best place to eat in Danville? Cattleman's? I'll need a good meal before I watch The Hounds smoke some Rebel hind end Big Grin
(11-11-2023, 10:20 PM)Hogs02 Wrote: After seeing film on both... Corbin is more talented, Boyle is coached better. This is the time of the year that Corbin fans begin to really think they will take home a trophy.

Boyle -24
Corbin-20
^^^

This  X 1000  !!!
(11-11-2023, 04:00 PM)FBall606 Wrote: Corbin will be easy work for Boyle. Boyle by 21+.

LOL! Big Grin
Here fishy fishy fishy Big Grin
(11-11-2023, 11:48 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

With that defense, I don't see why Corbin doesn't let the QB call some plays and open the offense up.

Elam is capable! Especially in that spread offense.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • pjdoug
I really like Elam. If they let him sling it around I think they have a punchers chance. The twins are the best dlinemen in the state, but if anyone can scheme around them it's Haddix. Tommy Zeismer last year moved from TE to tackle to help the Rebels on the oline for the playoffs. Do the twins play on the oline this game? Why would you not have your best 11 on the field at all times? Why save them, if you lose, your season is over. I just think Boyle stops Corbin more than Corbin stops Boyle. Just keep giving Quisenberry, Geo Brown, Demauriah Brown, and Bodner the ball and a little space and the will eventually break one off.

If Corbin can cause some TO's and open up the offense they are obviously good enough to win this game. I just think Boyle is a 10-14 point better team. Just so many weapons.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BEChargers's post:
  • pjdoug
(11-12-2023, 12:12 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(11-11-2023, 11:48 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

Elam is capable! Especially in that spread offense.
 He threw  some beautiful passes last night and WR Stewart is impressive too. is there video of last night's game online somewhere?
I didn't even realize it until a couple of Taylor County folks informed me that Carter Stewart grew up in Taylor County. These people were telling me that they knew Carter and his parents well. Said when Carter was in middle school no one could touch him. Said he was head and shoulders better than anyone else in middle school in Taylor County.
Looks like Taylor gained twice as many yards against Corbin as the did Boyle. And Boyle got twice as many yards against Taylor as Corbin did. And Boyle played at Taylor.

So statistically comparing the results of the two common opponents would suggest that Boyle's offense and defense were better.
[-] The following 1 user Likes know1's post:
  • Jack Lambert
(11-12-2023, 12:16 AM)BEChargers Wrote: I really like Elam.  If they let him sling it around I think they have a punchers chance.  The twins are the best dlinemen in the state, but if anyone can scheme around them it's Haddix.  Tommy Zeismer last year moved from TE to tackle to help the Rebels on the oline for the playoffs.  Do the twins play on the oline this game?  Why would you not have your best 11 on the field at all times? Why save them, if you lose, your season is over. I just think Boyle stops Corbin more than Corbin stops Boyle.  Just keep giving Quisenberry, Geo Brown, Demauriah Brown, and Bodner the ball and a little space and the will eventually break one off. 

If Corbin can cause some TO's and open up the offense they are obviously good enough to win this game.  I just think Boyle is a 10-14 point better team.  Just so many weapons.

Well said. The twins are definitely game changers and could keep Corbin in this game. it would be interesting to see them on offense.
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next