Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockcastle co. 31 Lawerence co 28
Final from the rock! Turned out to be a really great game. Rock handled 1st half extremely well lead 21-8 at halftime. Went up 28-8 and just seemed to slack off and was really odd 3rd quarter for them and LC hung tough and just kept chipping away. Put pressure on Rock to score and Tucker took over drove us into FG range and our kicker did what he has all year made a clutch FG that ended up being the difference in this one. Great game no shame in the way either team played they did everything they could and left it out on the field. Great atmosphere hope LC has safe travels home and they certainly have a passionate fan base and I’m sure a bright future as well.
(11-11-2023, 02:23 AM)SmashMouth17 Wrote: Final from the rock! Turned out to be a really great game. Rock handled 1st half extremely well lead 21-8 at halftime. Went up 28-8 and just seemed to slack off and was really odd 3rd quarter for them and LC hung tough and just kept chipping away. Put pressure on Rock to score and Tucker took over drove us into FG range and our kicker did what he has all year made a clutch FG that ended up being the difference in this one. Great game no shame in the way either team played they did everything they could and left it out on the field. Great atmosphere hope LC has safe travels home and they certainly have a passionate fan base and I’m sure a bright future as well.
The better team won tonight but they are gonna have to play a full four quarters to win next week. Can’t slack off and let a team come back like that.
(11-11-2023, 02:28 AM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote:
(11-11-2023, 02:23 AM)SmashMouth17 Wrote: Final from the rock! Turned out to be a really great game. Rock handled 1st half extremely well lead 21-8 at halftime. Went up 28-8 and just seemed to slack off and was really odd 3rd quarter for them and LC hung tough and just kept chipping away. Put pressure on Rock to score and Tucker took over drove us into FG range and our kicker did what he has all year made a clutch FG that ended up being the difference in this one. Great game no shame in the way either team played they did everything they could and left it out on the field. Great atmosphere hope LC has safe travels home and they certainly have a passionate fan base and I’m sure a bright future as well.
The better team won tonight but they are gonna have to play a full four quarters to win next week. Can’t slack off and let a team come back like that.
Absolutely agree we had the pedal down and instead of keeping it there full throttle we eased up and it just about got us. Next week is going to be a shootout but man it’s going to take another gear and effort like we did against Bell. Best part is it’s on grass and at the Rock other than that idk what else we got in our favor except just lace up and see what happens lol
(11-11-2023, 02:34 AM)SmashMouth17 Wrote:
(11-11-2023, 02:28 AM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote:
Absolutely agree we had the pedal down and instead of keeping it there full throttle we eased up and it just about got us. Next week is going to be a shootout but man it’s going to take another gear and effort like we did against Bell. Best part is it’s on grass and at the Rock other than that idk what else we got in our favor except just lace up and see what happens lol
If rock is healthy they still will match up favorably on the outside, but lex cath is a different beast everywhere else. The skill advantage tonight was insane but they didn’t utilize it as much. Felt like they had a sideline to moore every snap if they wanted.
Congrats to Rockcastle Co. This is another game that I missed.
Glad to see us pull it out. First time into the "regional championship" round since 2007. Kids on both sides left it all out there on the field Tonight Rock is a little dinged up but everyone is still playing. to have a shot to keep it close with lex cath the play calling clock management for Rock has to be better. The Rockets last three drive was QB keepers and punt. Don't know if it was by design but Tucker ran the ball on 95% of the time on the forth. Didn't utilize Powell or Goodwin enough.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Great game and everyone at the rock was nice I talked too. About like we are having a game back in lawrence county!!
The Rockets played really good and stopped the running game all night, that's one of our key weapons..2nd half lc came out and got down another 7 points and with a couple interceptions, they dug deep and kept grinding! Started passing the ball around the field!! Closed the gap back up to 28-31. Lc with a chance with .4 seconds left on the clock and in Rockets territory!!
Hope to meet again guys, great game
I'll be watching and hoping the Rockets can pull it off the rest of playoffs!!
You all have some dudes that can absolute fly
(11-11-2023, 03:31 AM)Senters_93 Wrote: Great game and everyone at the rock was nice I talked too. About like we are having a game back in lawrence county!!
The Rockets played really good and stopped the running game all night, that's one of our key weapons..2nd half lc came out and got down another 7 points and with a couple interceptions, they dug deep and kept grinding! Started passing the ball around the field!!  Closed the gap back up to 28-31. Lc with a chance with .4 seconds left on the clock and in Rockets territory!!
Hope to meet again guys, great game
I'll be watching and hoping the Rockets can pull it off the rest of playoffs!!
You all have some dudes that can absolute fly
I was really impressed with the resilience of LC. Down 28-8 and outmatched by so much. They did not shy away of doing whatever it took to stay in it. Many other teams lay down and quit. Shows that there’s good coaching and good mindsets on the sideline.

The only LC fan to get on here and respond after a week of tomfoolery and obliviousness from some, i respect that comment. Very respectful response after the game rather than hate or bashful which is so easy to be after a loss. 

Me and a couple others will be patiently waiting for our apologies for all the mentions we got this week from some other LC fans though.
Congrats to the Rock kids! Similar game to the Casey game a few weeks back. Nice lead in the first half, didn't close the door in the second and made a game out of it. Like it was said before....the next game is going to be a four quarter game. Congrats again! I hope everyone from Lawrence County got back home safe! I to appreciate a team that doesn't lay down when the chips are down.
[-] The following 1 user Likes papagrit's post:
  • pjdoug
As I said right after the game, congratulations to Rockcastle County. The Rockets were the better team.
Warren to Moore was a thing of beauty and the defense was very strong for 2+ quarters.
LC did make a couple of big adjustments that kicked it into gear in the third quarter. Got more speed on the field offensively and defensively and that helped.
I’ll be rooting hard for the Rockets from here out. Hope your boys can knock off LexCath.
Caleb Moore is very fast.

I’m extremely impressed with this Rock team. I’ve watched a lot of film on both teams in the last few weeks and I genuinely thought the rock front 6 on D was a huge liability for them. Boy, was I wrong about that. Those guys showed up to play in a big way last night and really were the difference in the game. I thought Moore and Warren would get theirs, which they did, but I was pretty sure Lawrence would get Crum going on the ground, but they never even got close to establishing a run game. Kudos to Rock, Lawrence has a solid run game and Crum is a good back, but they got beat up front all night last night. 

Looked like Rock took their foot off the gas a little after they scored early coming out of the half, but it really demonstrated the heart of the team from Louisa that they never gave up and were finally able to transition from focusing on the run to letting their QB make some plays, which he did. It came down to the final play of the game, which is sometimes the best you can do on the road in the playoffs. 

Oh yea, did I mention that Caleb Moore is very fast? He played excellent on both sides of the ball and is a very classy football player. I was more excited to see Warren play going into the game, but came away maybe more impressed with Moore. They’re a very fun team to watch.

Congrats to the Rock, they were the better team. Better bring all you’ve got for it next week!
Congratulations Rock!!
I pretty well knew this would be a good game. Congrats Rockcastle.
Moore was not only fast, but his leaping grab of a way overthrown pass in the second half was spectacular.
RC did a great job scheming up front on D. But LC did tweak and get the running going, albeit on Pollock’s legs rather than Crum or McDavid.
LC ended up outgaining the Rockets, but RC was just the better team, IMO. I thought they were better all the way around. And both teams played really hard.
Congratulations Rock! Keep it rolling!
Big win for the Rockets… how far can they make it in the post season?
It’s “Lawrence,” not “Lawerence.” Not being a jerk, just see it misspelled many times.

As for the game, congratulations to Rockcastle on the win. Heck of a 2nd half effort by the Bulldogs to make a game out of it. They showed a lot of heart and unfortunately fell short in the end.

It was cool to see so many Bulldog fans make the trip. They showed out very well, including the band making the trip in uniform. Hats off to the band director and administration for making that happen.

Talan Pollock, quarterback for LC, played an awesome game, especially second half on both sides of the ball. He ended with 296 yards passing and 2 td’s. The two interceptions however hurt them. He also made several big plays defensively.

KJ Johnson, freshman wide receiver, finished with 6 catches for 147 yards and 1 TD. He is going to be a star!

Moore and Warren- as good as advertised. Very quick and great players. Moore has wheels and runs great routes and catches the ball extremely well. I thought LC played Warren about the best anyone could, and he still manage to throw two deep bombs for touchdowns.

Great high school game!
(11-11-2023, 01:37 PM)AgentOrange Wrote: Big win for the Rockets… how far can they make it in the post season?
I will give you a generic answer next week is for certain and the road can end there. It could have ended last night after we let up it could ride it all the way to Kroger field. Don’t get me wrong Kroger Field has been the goal all year preseason thru now but we ended up with a bad draw in the 3rd round. Even tho we beat Bell head to head RPI still kept us in 2nd behind them. Once Belfry loss we knew the road got hard. We only played 9 games had one forfeit win not sure if we could have done any better RPI wise if we had scheduled another game but either way it stinks that we beat Bell and their are two scenarios should Rock pull out the win next week where we go back to log mountain for the 4th round. No way Rock should have to go back there since we won regular season and district but you can’t change what it is now so you just have to Rock On with what is dealt. But Rock can go down next week or make it all the way to Kroger it’s how bad they want it and right now Rock is playing good offense and defense.
(11-11-2023, 03:13 PM)SmashMouth17 Wrote:
(11-11-2023, 01:37 PM)AgentOrange Wrote: Big win for the Rockets… how far can they make it in the post season?
I will give you a generic answer next week is for certain and the road can end there. It could have ended last night after we let up it could ride it all the way to Kroger field. Don’t get me wrong Kroger Field has been the goal all year preseason thru now but we ended up with a bad draw in the 3rd round. Even tho we beat Bell head to head RPI still kept us in 2nd behind them. Once Belfry loss we knew the road got hard. We only played 9 games had one forfeit win not sure if we could have done any better RPI wise if we had scheduled another game but either way it stinks that we beat Bell and their are two scenarios should Rock pull out the win next week where we go back to log mountain for the 4th round. No way Rock should have to go back there since we won regular season and district but you can’t change what it is now so you just have to Rock On with what is dealt. But Rock can go down next week or make it all the way to Kroger it’s how bad they want it and right now Rock is playing good offense and defense.

beat paris and its not an issue
I just noticed the last play being ran with .4 seconds left on the clock. That Rockcastle clock operator is more honest than some others might be. Would’ve been easy to just let the clock run out on that one.
Could you imagine if Lawrence would have scored on that last play? The fans in front of me, near the press box were giving him a hard time in a fun way.
(11-11-2023, 03:15 PM)FallRock Wrote:
(11-11-2023, 03:13 PM)SmashMouth17 Wrote:

beat paris and its not an issue
While that may be true doesn’t mean we still would have been ahead of Bell. We are the one loss Bell has and we still behind them. Both 9-1 teams at end of regular season. We won the head to head battle and district champs that should mean something especially if it comes down to meeting again in the playoffs