Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Sayre 38 Paris 12
Final.
Congrats Sayre.
Well….I guess all of us were wrong. Off to Lexington the Rams go
[-] The following 1 user Likes RAMDAD50's post:
  • Westside
(11-11-2023, 12:27 AM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: Well….I guess all of us were wrong. Off to Lexington the Rams go
I attended ... this was a butt whooping and never in doubt.  Congrats to Sayre.
I sure didn’t expect this. Congrats Sayre and congrats to Paris on a fine season.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
How many people picked sayre, i sure didn’t….
Told y’all Sayre was a sleeper…
[-] The following 2 users Like bac2369's post:
  • Patriot1, Westside
I thought Paris would win this one.  Congrats Sayre.
(11-11-2023, 01:42 AM)HSFOOTBALL Wrote:
(11-11-2023, 12:27 AM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: Well….I guess all of us were wrong. Off to Lexington the Rams go
Casey county bunch went to this one. Sayre is incredibly well coached and run such a smooth offense. Paris had some athletes that were absolutely no joke at all. I was surprised Sayre hit so hard. They were driving right through the ball carriers thigh, VICIOUSLY. It was beautiful. The QB is the real deal in the pocket, but that O-line, and his receivers had hands that were way above the high-school average. IT looked like a very complete team, good solid RB as well.
Im a little suprised.
Not surprised Sayre won. But surprised they dominated the game. They are definitely a team that can’t be over looked.
(11-11-2023, 01:42 AM)HSFOOTBALL Wrote:
I watched this game last night. Did sayre win the game or did Paris lose it. Paris fumbles and Paris penalties killed them.
I may be wrong, but it seems from the comments that Sayre is extremely well coached and Paris, not so much.
I mentioned this early few weeks back, Sayre might be in the conversation of the semifinals. And I got laughed on cause people told me the they will not get past Paris.. I guess I’m laughing my arse off now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cafe Mocha's post:
  • Westside
Big Win for Sayre. Raceland better watch out
Can Sayre sneak up on Raceland?
(11-11-2023, 10:44 AM)Fanatic42 Wrote: Big Win for Sayre. Raceland better watch out

(11-11-2023, 02:45 PM)AgentOrange Wrote: Can Sayre sneak up on Raceland?

I have now watched Campbellsville and Sayre in person and I believe Sayre is the better team. Campbellsville is a good team, but Sayre’s QB, #7, #1, #8 and #2 are very good. #2 Coffman has got exceptional speed!. Pennington had days to throw and was pressured very little. Raceland will need to put pressure on him and make him roll out. He is not as good throwing on the run, at least he wasn’t last night. Typically over threw his receiver, but while he was in the pocket, he picked Paris apart.

I get the question if Paris lost or Sayre won. With 7 or 8 turnovers, that’s fair, but the fumbles was because of big hits and great technique to put a hat on the ball. You could also see the second man come in and trying to rip the ball out. Regardless of the turnovers, Paris struggled to slow down the Sayre offense. I think Sayre only punted 1 time.

Raceland and Sayre should be a good game to watch.
(11-11-2023, 03:37 PM)Rip/Spin Wrote:
(11-11-2023, 10:44 AM)Fanatic42 Wrote: Big Win for Sayre. Raceland better watch out

(11-11-2023, 02:45 PM)AgentOrange Wrote: Can Sayre sneak up on Raceland?

I have now watched Campbellsville and Sayre in person and I believe Sayre is the better team.  Campbellsville is a good team, but Sayre’s QB, #7, #1, #8 and #2 are very good.  #2 Coffman has got exceptional speed!.  Pennington had days to throw and was pressured very little.  Raceland will need to put pressure on him and make him roll out.  He is not as good throwing on the run, at least he wasn’t last night.  Typically over threw his receiver, but while he was in the pocket, he picked Paris apart.

I get the question if Paris lost or Sayre won.  With 7 or 8 turnovers, that’s fair, but the fumbles was because of big hits and great technique to put a hat on the ball.  You could also see the second man come in and trying to rip the ball out.  Regardless of the turnovers, Paris struggled to slow down the Sayre offense.  I think Sayre only punted 1 time.

Raceland and Sayre should be a good game to watch.
Haven’t seen Sayre in person and only got to see offense on tape. Since you have watched them, do you think their defense is good enough to get stops against Raceland? Not flaming. Seriously curious about them. I wrote them off against Paris because of their schedule and almost losing to Emminence. I was bad wrong.
We will just have to see if they can handle the most physical game they are going to play this season. How much depth does sayre have? They are going to get pounded on for 4 quarters next week. Also…..Paris……and I don’t know how looked woefully unprepared for this game. And you are right about getting pressure on Pennington. Looks like when he gets pressured ball goes up for grabs.
(11-11-2023, 04:29 PM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: We will just have to see if they can handle the most physical game they are going to play this season. How much depth does sayre have? They are going to get pounded on for 4 quarters next week. Also…..Paris……and I don’t know how looked woefully unprepared for this game. And you are right about getting pressure on Pennington. Looks like when he gets pressured ball goes up for grabs.

[/quote]
Haven’t seen Sayre in person and only got to see offense on tape. Since you have watched them, do you think their defense is good enough to get stops against Raceland? Not flaming. Seriously curious about them. I wrote them off against Paris because of their schedule and almost losing to Emminence. I was bad wrong.
[/quote]

They did run several players in and out. I have not watched Raceland in person, so I can’t give you an honest comparison. What I can say, is how impressed how physical Sayre was. I was not expecting it to be at the level that it was and the folks I was with mentioned it several times. Sayre is not a small team. They do have some size. They are not huge all the way across the line, but the tackles are big boys.

I really liked #8 on defense. He caused a lot of problems for Paris. Paris had some players that was dangerous in space, but the problem was, they very rarely got there. Sayre played a very nice game on the defensive side of the ball. Sayre also has something all high school teams wish they have and that’s a solid field goal kicker. I don’t believe either team trusted their kickoff teams, because neither team would kick it deep.

Also, bring chairs. Not a great deal of seating and what they have is at field level. So it’s not easy to see from the visitor side and the home side is small as well, but better.
(11-11-2023, 04:29 PM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: We will just have to see if they can handle the most physical game they are going to play this season. How much depth does sayre have? They are going to get pounded on for 4 quarters next week. Also…..Paris……and I don’t know how looked woefully unprepared for this game. And you are right about getting pressure on Pennington. Looks like when he gets pressured ball goes up for grabs.

I'm in 100% agreement on this statement. Paris was sleepwalking from the start and Sayre was sharp and aggressive. Paris had several penalties and a couple turnovers right out of the gate and never recovered. They didn't look like a team motivated to win.

I'll also give loads of credit to Sayre and agree with all the compliments in this thread. Congrats!!
Word is the Paris coach took a bunch of his players to a concert the night before the game. Must have been a late night because Paris looked dead in the water from the start