Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Howard and Hazard
First and foremost let me say I’m not a Hazard supporter but I have met Howard and few times and hear nothing but good things about him. The guy may not be a good Coach I don’t know but according to people from there many factors contributed to this season but I haven’t seen anyone list those here. Everyone is bashing Howard but what he did the first 3 seasons was respectable and without Max Johnson last year and the previous 3 they don’t win half those games. People forget last year they beat Raceland they play in the Finals and was very close to doing that. 
-He took the job as a favor and was a principal at the time. 
-After his 2nd year they fired his OC and DC without telling him. 
-Had and still has a kid that was a major attitude problem that was good for at least 30 yards of penalties a game and anyone who watched them knows who I am talking about. According to an assistant was told he couldn’t throw the kid off the team. 
-QB threw 17 interceptions this year in 9 games according to the stats. 
-Started many freshman and sophomores and only had 1 senior starting the last game.
-Minimal support from the AD and administration. 
-OC quit the first day of practice. 
There’s more but this alone would be hard to overcome for anyone.
To not be a Hazard supporter you know a ton about the program.
Just a fan with friends close to the program. Hope they make a good hire though.
(11-10-2023, 12:47 PM)KENTUCKY10 Wrote: First and foremost let me say I’m not a Hazard supporter but I have met Howard and few times and hear nothing but good things about him. The guy may not be a good Coach I don’t know but according to people from there many factors contributed to this season but I haven’t seen anyone list those here. Everyone is bashing Howard but what he did the first 3 seasons was respectable and without Max Johnson last year and the previous 3 they don’t win half those games. People forget last year they beat Raceland they play in the Finals and was very close to doing that. 
-He took the job as a favor and was a principal at the time. 
-After his 2nd year they fired his OC and DC without telling him. 
-Had and still has a kid that was a major attitude problem that was good for at least 30 yards of penalties a game and anyone who watched them knows who I am talking about. According to an assistant was told he couldn’t throw the kid off the team. 
-QB threw 17 interceptions this year in 9 games according to the stats. 
-Started many freshman and sophomores and only had 1 senior starting the last game.
-Minimal support from the AD and administration. 
-OC quit the first day of practice. 
There’s more but this alone would be hard to overcome for anyone.
If he was doing his job and getting kids involved then he’d probably got a lot more support from the AD and administration. He’s a terrible leader. I don’t blame his OC for leaving there. I wouldn’t want to be part of the Dan Howard nightmare anymore than I already had if I were him. He could call in a play and Howard would over rule him and call something else, so really why bother staying there and mess with that? There’s probably a reason he started many freshman and sophomores in his last game. No one wants to be associated with him. I can guarantee that if he were to have been there next season that there wouldn’t have been enough to play. Also the good 8th grade group they’ve got coming up wouldn’t stay there either and who could blame them? They lose against raceland because of a stupid call at the end to kick a field goal which they hadn’t attempted all year. Their QB did throw a ton of picks but maybe at that point he should’ve grew a set and put someone else back there. I watched game film and they looked a lot better with the lindon kid back there for that 2-3 game stretch earlier in the season. Not saying that was great by any means but definitely looked more comfortable. Bottom line he’s took a program that’s a final 4 team most years and ran them into the ground. Period.