Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Referees Give Ashland Touchdown After Getting Tackled On The 5 Yard Line
Have you all seen this?

Officials from the 15th region who did Ashland's home playoff game this past week against Harrison County give Ashland a touchdown after being tackled down on the 5 yard line.

https://x.com/tenthregion/status/1720975...11419?s=20
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Putnam stadium magic. Don’t remember what region but something similar happened in 2020 between Raceland and paintsville. Paintsville fumbles ball on 3yard line into the endzone and Raceland recovered. Ref on other side of field signals touchdown. Paintsville went on to win the title
Officials been giving the puddy tats calls for years. Everyone knows it.
I get the hometown cooking thing. But these refs are from the Floyd County area. They could give two craps about Ashland. Something really weird happened here. Because they spot the ball at the 5 yard line and then go back and move it after talking to Ashland's coach.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • jetpilot
Once I owned a book called Weird Kentucky. I submit this be added in future editions.
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Red Eminence's post:
  • smoke1015
(11-05-2023, 06:26 PM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: Putnam stadium magic. Don’t remember what region but something similar happened in 2020 between Raceland and paintsville. Paintsville fumbles ball on 3yard line into the endzone and Raceland recovered. Ref on other side of field signals touchdown. Paintsville went on to win the title
A lot of revisionist history in this post. Game was at Raceland, ‘nuf said.
[-] The following 2 users Like 2000PHS's post:
  • Glory_Days, jetpilot
(11-05-2023, 06:30 PM)Spud6 Wrote: I get the hometown cooking thing.  But these refs are from the Floyd County area.  They could give two craps about Ashland.  Something really weird happened here.  Because they spot the ball at the 5 yard line and then go back and move it after talking to Ashland's coach.
I read somewhere that even the Ashland coach was telling the official the call was wrong and it wasn’t a td. There is another angle of the play where you can see the official signal td as soon as the play ends. Had to think 5 yard line was goal line but the endzones painted should make that mistakes impossible. Missed calls like holding and occasionally a facemask, etc are missed but this should never be missed. Very bad look for that crew. If I had to guess probably first year crew.
I posted this is another thread. KHSAA should have a goal of recruiting 100 FEMALE officials state wide. No way woman could F this up as much as the lil pee-pee guys that we have now.
One of my favorites at pump n shop field was a few years back when Ashland fumbled the ball and Ironton kid was the only person to jump on the ball and the refs said Ashland recovered and gave the ball back to Ashland. Ironton coach got tossed from the game and I don’t blame him.
Ashland is too pretentious to EVER be wrong…..at home?????
If those refs go to Covington Catholic, then Ashland may have a chance.. Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • 64SUR, Jack Lambert, Patriot1
(11-05-2023, 07:24 PM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: One of my favorites at pump n shop field was a few years back when Ashland fumbled the ball and Ironton kid was the only person to jump on the ball and the refs said Ashland recovered and gave the ball back to Ashland. Ironton coach got tossed from the game and I don’t blame him.
Yeah but that was against Ironton. You get it ten times worse over there.
No way possible that the white hat in this game should get another game this season.
(11-05-2023, 08:14 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: No way possible that the white hat in this game should get another game this season.
After watching the video several times I know this crew has done Belfry games. Not positive but think they may have had the pike county bowl last season when Pikeville played Covington Catholic where Pikeville fans made the big uproar on the fumble they blown dead. I’d have to see the video to know. I’m sure the guy didn’t intentionally try to cheat for Ashland just lost where he was on the field. If refs are going to cheat they arn’t going to make it that obvious
(11-05-2023, 08:51 PM)pirateforlife Wrote:
(11-05-2023, 08:14 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: No way possible that the white hat in this game should get another game this season.
After watching the video several times I know this crew has done Belfry games. Not positive but think they may have had the pike county bowl last season when Pikeville played Covington Catholic where Pikeville fans made the big uproar on the fumble they blown dead. I’d have to see the video to know. I’m sure the guy didn’t intentionally try to cheat for Ashland just lost where he was on the field. If refs are going to cheat they arn’t going to make it that obvious
You are correct, same crew.
^^^So from these last two posts it's clear that crew can't see straight. Either break them up or ban them from any decent game. I was in a good mood until I was reminded of that blown call in the Pikeville/Cov Cath game that everyone in the stadium knew was a fumble/Pikeville TD except those idiots that cost Pikeville the game.

Since the KHSAA had to beg teams to move playoff games to Thursday or Saturday in the first round, I'd say there is a good chance that they'll get another game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Walt Longmire's post:
  • Red and Black
(11-06-2023, 12:27 AM)Walt Longmire Wrote:

Since the KHSAA had to beg teams to move playoff games to Thursday or Saturday in the first round, I'd say there is a good chance that they'll get another game.
Not necessarily. Half the teams season are over now so half the games this week as last week. But doesn’t this week when they start doing 7 officials on games? I know it’s 2nd or 3rd round
This is like a "gimme" shot in golf.. speeds up the game. lol
Sounds like a Perry Central game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Diablo's post:
  • Walt Longmire
Not the first time I've seen it, unfortunately. I remember a Lynn Camp game some 15-20 years ago where the RB for Lynn Camp was tackled and fumbled the ball at about the 3 yard line on 4th and goal. Officials were signaling touchdown without a single Lynn Camp player in the end zone and the ball heading the opposite direction after the opposing team recovered.
Luckily, this malfeasance had no bearing on the outcome of the game. I can see one official getting confused and losing their place on the field but the whole crew?? I don't like to say anything negative about a person when hiding behind the anonymity of a message board but they need to give it up or at a minimum be retrained and separated. Home cooking, coach Tackett influencing the call, etc. is ridiculous. Just extreme human error made by people who need to find another source of extra income.
“Update Alert “ Emergency Alert” Breaking News Alert “

Rumor has that the referees will be calling the game at Covington Catholic this week.

Covington Catholic 28
Ashland 27
[-] The following 1 user Likes 64SUR's post:
  • Patriot1
I don't understand how the opposite wing didn't come in and say it wasn't a TD.
(11-05-2023, 06:31 PM)The Red Eminence Wrote: Once I owned a book called Weird Kentucky. I submit this be added in future editions.

i have this book on my mantle
Looked pretty good to me. Hope they get those against Cov cath…. Hahah
You would think that would be the case but nothing is ever done to terrible officials by the KHSAA. The white hat and his crew have the Lexington Catholic and Russell game.

(11-07-2023, 08:21 PM)Bandit29 Wrote: I don't understand how the opposite wing didn't come in and say it wasn't a TD.
If you knew how bad this crew was you would understand why he didn’t. The opposite wing may be the worst in the Big Sandy Football region but yet called in a state tournament game last year. Now we all see why this crap always happens in the 15th. There’s no leadership and the assigning secretary could care less.
This crew has the Russell/Lex Cath game this week
How does this crew have another game?
(11-10-2023, 12:48 PM)Fanman Wrote: This crew has the Russell/Lex Cath game this week
You sure about that? Is it not just another 15th region crew there tonight or the same crew that was at Ashland? If they get another game I guess KHSAA doesn’t care how bad you screw up they will continue to allow refs to make bad calls. Last week wasn’t a judgement call it was an obvious screwup that should never happen in any game at any level.