Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
North Laurel
60.00%
Madison Southern
40.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Laurel at Madison Southern 11/10 Friday NIght
North Laurel (7-4)
Aug 18, 23 Bell County home (L) 7 - 19 
Aug 25, 23 Whitley County away (W) 19 - 7 
Sep 1, 23 Franklin County home (L) 6 - 13 
Sep 8, 23 Madison Central home (W) 14 - 7 
Sep 22, 23 Southwestern away (L) 0 - 28 
Sep 29, 23 South Laurel home (W) 62 - 0 First Priority Bowl 
Oct 6, 23 Pulaski County home (W) 28 - 14 
Oct 13, 23 Taylor County away (L) 10 - 21 
Oct 20, 23 Harlan County away (W) 28 - 12 
Oct 27, 23 Wayne County home (W) 35 - 21 
Nov 3, 23 Montgomery County home (W) 54 - 0 Class 5A 2023 UK HealthCare Sports Medicine State Football Finals

Madison Southern (7-4)
Aug 18, 23 Scott County at Great Crossing (L) 7 - 51 BGO Battle of Elkhorn Creek 
Aug 26, 23 Tates Creek home (L) 7 - 37 
Sep 1, 23 Madison Central away (W) 18 - 6 
Sep 8, 23 Wayne County away (L) 14 - 19 
Sep 15, 23 Henry Clay home (W) 36 - 6 
Sep 22, 23 Mercer County home (L) 6 - 42 
Sep 29, 23 East Jessamine away (W) 36 - 6 
Oct 6, 23 Montgomery County home (W) 24 - 14 
Oct 20, 23 West Jessamine home (W) 39 - 7 
Oct 27, 23 Whitley County away (W) 43 - 20 
Nov 3, 23 Harlan County home (W) 49 - 6 Class 5A 2023 UK HealthCare Sports Medicine State Football Finals

Recent History
Sep 9, 2005 Madison Southern 58 North Laurel 0
Sep 8, 2006 North Laurel 35 Madison Southern 34
Oct 14, 2011 Madison Southern 35 North Laurel 31
Oct 12, 2012 Madison Southern 26 North Laurel 10
Oct 18, 2013 Madison Southern 56 North Laurel 28
Oct 17, 2014 North Laurel 35 Madison Southern 14

https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k...477a513d3d
Comparing scores (which does not account for matchups within games); it would appear NL “should” win. However, Coach Payne has done a nice job of reviving the MADSOUTH program and they are at home. Should be a great game.
North Laurel, has come out of whatever was holding them back at the 1st of the season, appears they are firing on all cylinders now. Their Defense as has been mentioned on here before is competitive at every position and well coached. These 2 teams seem to be fairly even in many areas but I feel like the Jaguars are bringing something special to their offense now that will put them over the top & they will win this one.
If Madison Southern could only score 14 against Wayne County I'm not sure how they will have the horses on O to win this one. District play is over and life comes at you fast. Could see this one being 28-14 North Laurel with Mad South getting a late score on the young guys to make it look respectable.
(11-06-2023, 02:01 PM)FootballFan1999 Wrote: If Madison Southern could only score 14 against Wayne County I'm not sure how they will have the horses on O to win this one. District play is over and life comes at you fast. Could see this one being 28-14 North Laurel with Mad South getting a late score on the young guys to make it look respectable.

Madison Southern has improved since that game.
I don't see it happening for Mad South. NL much more physical, Mad South has won a few games but not sure their players are ready to go much farther into the season.
I am pulling for North Laurel in this one. They have 7 wins and 8 would be nice and a 3rd round game..
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • North laurel Fan
(11-06-2023, 02:01 PM)FootballFan1999 Wrote: If Madison Southern could only score 14 against Wayne County I'm not sure how they will have the horses on O to win this one. District play is over and life comes at you fast. Could see this one being 28-14 Nort Laurel with Mad South getting a late score on the young guys to make it look respectable.
Your logic is flawed with this statement.   North scored 19 against Whitley while Southern scored 43,  North scored 28 against Harlan while Southern scored 49.  
It will be a good game.   Honestly a coin toss.   Ill give Southern the edge at home.
I agree with Dougie...Southern has improved considerably since the start of the season. It's gonna be a toss up and North won't run them over....Especially since it is at Southern. I'm pullling for Southern in this one.
I think Madison central wins but hope im wrong. Id love to see North Laurel move on to play for a regional.
(11-07-2023, 03:20 PM)Old School 18 Wrote: I think Madison central wins but hope im wrong. Id love to see North Laurel move on to play for a regional.

That's going to require something special  Smile
In my opinion North is playing their best football right now, they are a physically tough team & their defense is strong at every position. They are big they are strong & they have had positive results as the season has gone along, getting better every game, which I couldn't see happening early on. Another biggie they are healthy right here at the end where they needed to be healthy, which helps any team. MS will have to bring it on every level to beat them even on their home field, in other words they will have it to do with those 'big boys' from North Laurel, unless something goes terribly wrong. I am pulling for North I have watched them a lot this season & it's been fun watching them improve every game. #YupIAmAFan
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hi Risk Warrior's post:
  • North laurel Fan
(11-07-2023, 03:20 PM)Old School 18 Wrote: I think Madison central wins but hope im wrong. Id love to see North Laurel move on to play for a regional.

It will be impossible for Madison Central to win this game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • North laurel Fan
(11-07-2023, 05:08 PM)Glory_Days Wrote:

That's going to require something special  Smile

LOL!
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • North laurel Fan
I think this will be the best playoff game in the state tonight!!!
Madison Southern 24
North Laurel 22
North Laurel -42 - Madison Southern - 6
  • North laurel Fan
(11-11-2023, 01:42 AM)Hi Risk Warrior Wrote: North Laurel -42 - Madison Southern - 6
It was all NL in this one I made the statement before NL has improved every game I have seen and are playing their best football right now.   Whatever was 'dawging' them in the beginning of the season has been lined out.   They are mixing it up a lot better on "O" - moving the ball extremely well.   Their Defense has been good from game one and just got better as it went along.   They have surprised a lot of doubters they may well be the most improved 13th region team from my vantage point.
  • North laurel Fan
(11-06-2023, 07:21 PM)Sandy Ravage Wrote:
(11-06-2023, 02:01 PM)FootballFan1999 Wrote: If Madison Southern could only score 14 against Wayne County I'm not sure how they will have the horses on O to win this one. District play is over and life comes at you fast. Could see this one being 28-14 Nort Laurel with Mad South getting a late score on the young guys to make it look respectable.
Your logic is flawed with this statement.   North scored 19 against Whitley while Southern scored 43,  North scored 28 against Harlan while Southern scored 49.  
It will be a good game.   Honestly a coin toss.   Ill give Southern the edge at home.

Congratulations on your first post being a complete fail  Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Glory_Days's post:
  • pjdoug
I'll credit Southern for getting better as the season went on. This score suprised me and I was not at the game to see how things shook out. Congrats to North Laurel on advancing and to Southern for having a sound season, moving to the second round of the playoffs, being district champs, beating cross county rival Madison Central and for turning what was looking to be a weaker season early on into a pretty good one. Glad for the local kids!
[-] The following 1 user Likes papagrit's post:
  • pjdoug
Southern scored in their opening drive and then NL took control. I wasn’t shocked the Jags won but was surprised by how much! Good game Jags…Coach Payne and his program at Southern have built a blueprint…now keep building! Good season Eagles