Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Williamsburg 52 Hazard 12
Final.
Congratulations Williamsburg
Score was 60-12.
Wow, finally over for the worst Hazard team in my lifetime. Can Williamsburg stay on the field with Pikeville bac?
(11-04-2023, 12:21 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Wow, finally over for the worst Hazard team in my lifetime. Can Williamsburg stay on the field with Pikeville bac?

I didn’t get to watch. I Listened a lil here and there at the Perry game. But I will say No. I saw some highlights and it was there quarterback scrambled n made plays.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bac2369's post:
  • jetpilot
Seems like Williamsburg always has an excellent QB.
(11-04-2023, 12:35 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Seems like Williamsburg always has an excellent QB.

Yes usually play there best athlete back there.. I always like to break down these games later. Hopefully I can see what happen..
Hazards next option in my Opinion will be finding coach. Hazard has enough talent on their team to score more than 14 a game. So it’s time for something new.
(11-04-2023, 12:42 AM)bac2369 Wrote:
(11-04-2023, 12:35 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Seems like Williamsburg always has an excellent QB.

Yes usually play there best athlete back there.. I always like to break down these games later. Hopefully I can see what happen..
Hazards next option in my Opinion will be finding coach. Hazard has enough talent on their team to score more than 14 a game. So it’s time for something new.

Agreed and Hazard has talent coming up. They won't be down long.
I thought this game would be closer.
Congratulations to the burg and I pick Hazard in a upset
Been hearing Wade Pelfrey will be a Commodore soon.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DukeBoy's post:
  • BlackHawk
Dan Howard last game at Hazard?
(11-04-2023, 02:07 AM)Tailback44 Wrote: Dan Howard last game at Hazard?
For the sake of that program they’d better hope it was.
How does the man think he is doing a good job???? Let him go. If he stays he won’t have enough players to have a program next year.
If indeed Hazard or their coach or both decides it’s time to start over. Hazard should pay Mike Holcomb whatever it takes to get him down there and see what he can do with this “great group” they have coming up.

If they want a young gun…. lure Jarrell from BL before he ends up back in the red and black.

Thoughts????
(11-04-2023, 08:36 AM)ROTC Wrote: If indeed Hazard or their coach or both decides it’s time to start over.  Hazard should pay Mike Holcomb whatever it takes to get him down there and see what he can do with this “great group” they have coming up.

If they want a young gun…. lure Jarrell from BL before he ends up back in the red and black.

Thoughts????
They probably better do something to keep their upcoming jr high class intact although even that class will have to wait until they are seniors to have a shot to win anything.
So has it been falling since this staff took over after Dixon or is it just they had a bad season and everyone is panicking? From the looks of the roster they only had a couple seniors and graduated what 8 or so last year. Not a surprise they struggled like they did this year. Honest questions, not that close to the Hazard program. Just a scoreboard watcher and maybe catch a game or two streaming occasionally.
HOLCOMB to HAZARD. Only decision that makes sense.
Would Holcomb be willing to come to Hazard? Didn't he just retire? Again, lol!
Everyone has a “great group” coming up from middle school it really means nothing, that shouldn’t be the reason a coach says “I WANNA GO THERE”. Look at how many teams had the great group from middle school, even state champions, and fail to reach the potential. A couple years ago Harlan County was the most dominate middle school in the state in football, that senior class finished with 4 wins. Hazard has shown that they can trash talent more than they can show it, so i doubt the middle schoolers stay together. Winning is when you can take the good talent and promote them to better, and hazard has done the opposite. I don’t think people really understand how low hazard fell this year, i mean one game they had 9 dudes on the sideline that were dressed. Why would mike holcomb sweep into this mess?
(11-10-2023, 10:24 AM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: Everyone has a “great group” coming up from middle school it really means nothing, that shouldn’t be the reason a coach says “I WANNA GO THERE”. Look at how many teams had the great group from middle school, even state champions, and fail to reach the potential. A couple years ago Harlan County was the most dominate middle school in the state in football, that senior class finished with 4 wins. Hazard has shown that they can trash talent more than they can show it, so i doubt the middle schoolers stay together. Winning is when you can take the good talent and promote them to better, and hazard has done the opposite. I don’t think people really understand how low hazard fell this year, i mean one game they had 9 dudes on the sideline that were dressed. Why would mike holcomb sweep into this mess?
I don’t think you’ll see any big name take on that mess. It’ll be a local name to try to keep those young players, maybe the jr high coach. I am sure they’ll be somewhat better because I’m not sure how much worse they can get but as far as keeping talent I don’t know if that’ll help either because rumors are some of their players already have plans for next year.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Belichick's post:
  • Gridiron_Raid