Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashland 56 Harrison County 14
Final.
Congratulations to the Tomcats
This game was at 14-6 about 3 minutes into the 2nd quarter. Harrison had the ball 4th and inches with a chance to toe the game and failed. After that all hell broke loose. Harrison Co QB is an escape artist but their offense was kind of disorganized and looked like they were drawing plays in the dirt at times. Ashland looks really tough right now with a lot of weapons offensively. They will be a tough out for anyone right now.
The Tomcats move on. The game started a little slow but once the offense got going they didn’t look back. Someone please tell me though how the officiating crew tonight got a playoff game? They were clueless. I was told that they were from the 15th region and it was their best crew. If that’s the case, I feel sorry for the teams there. They let the game get out of hand which could have led to some suspensions. This same crew gave Ashland a touchdown after crossing and getting tackled just inside the five yard line. Then after some discussion about the play they let the touchdown stay. Total incompetence by that crew and if they get another post season game you know the system is fixed.
I was blown away by that call lol. They seemed to have the majority of them agree that it was short of the goal line. Then out of Nowhere the call stands. Unbelievable. Harrison was pretty chippy as well. Early on there was a lot of things that Ashland didn’t respond to and played very poised against a team who seemingly didn’t care how things ended up bc they knew there was a slim chance of beating the Tomcats. Im really surprised it didn’t get way out of hand. Horrific officiating to say the least.
Officiating across the board seems to get worse every year, and it trickles down to the lower levels. Middle school officiating is laughable. And it's the same in all sports. I don't know which 15th crew you had, but it doesn't matter. They're all terrible. I'm sure some of these guys are fine people off the field. But my goodness they turn into raging, incompetent a-holes when they put on the striped shirt.
(11-04-2023, 09:24 AM)Harry Dawg Wrote: Officiating across the board seems to get worse every year, and it trickles down to the lower levels.  Middle school officiating is laughable.  And it's the same in all sports.  I don't know which 15th crew you had, but it doesn't matter.  They're all terrible.  I'm sure some of these guys are fine people off the field.  But my goodness they turn into raging, incompetent a-holes when they put on the striped shirt.

Going all the way back to the Stanford Prison Experiment of '71, it has always been fascinating to me how people's behavior changes  when given a little authority over others,  whether it be at a prison, on a football field, in a church, or on a message board.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • nemo
2” energy!!!

Maybe KY should actively encourage and recruit females for football officials…
(11-04-2023, 09:20 AM)ArmChairHC Wrote: I was blown away by that call lol. They seemed to have the majority of them agree that it was short of the goal line. Then out of Nowhere the call stands. Unbelievable. Harrison was pretty chippy as well. Early on there was a lot of things that Ashland didn’t respond to and played very poised against a team who seemingly didn’t care how things ended up bc they knew there was a slim chance of beating the Tomcats. Im really surprised it didn’t get way out of hand. Horrific officiating to say the least.
That 2nd touchdown wasn’t even close.  The ball was nowhere near the endzone.  I can’t see how that call was close to being justified.
(11-04-2023, 04:25 AM)ArmChairHC Wrote: This game was at 14-6 about 3 minutes into the 2nd quarter. Harrison had the ball 4th and inches with a chance to toe the game and failed. After that all hell broke loose. Harrison Co QB is an escape artist but their offense was kind of disorganized and looked like they were drawing plays in the dirt at times. Ashland looks really tough right now with a lot of weapons offensively. They will be a tough out for anyone right now.

Escape artist is spot on regarding HC QB Custard. He gave Cov Cath's very good defense fits a few weeks back. Kid is a heck of a basketball player too.
Can the Tomcats hang with Cov Cath next week?
Is there a video of the td call? Ref had to think the 5 yard line was the goal line if that’s what happened but how does the other officials not go and correct it?
Is Ray Graham finished?
Congrats Ashland your prize a trip to cov cath
(11-04-2023, 12:45 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: Is there a video of the td call? Ref had to think the 5 yard line was the goal line if that’s what happened but how does the other officials not go and correct it?
https://fb.watch/o6auK9xAW1/?mibextid=cr9u03

There is no way they could have thought this was in the end zone.  I don’t know how that call gets blown.
(11-04-2023, 01:25 PM)Orange Blaze Wrote:
(11-04-2023, 12:45 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: Is there a video of the td call? Ref had to think the 5 yard line was the goal line if that’s what happened but how does the other officials not go and correct it?
https://fb.watch/o6auK9xAW1/?mibextid=cr9u03

There is no way they could have thought this was in the end zone.  I don’t know how that call gets blown.
Wow! Terrible. No idea how that is missed. That’s not even a judgement call. The endzones are colored too so no way you could get confused where you are on the field. How does no other official come in and tell that official it wasn’t even close.