Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockcastle Co 49 Estill Co 12 (1st Rd Playoffs)
Final
So much for the two people in the polls thread this week calling for the Estill county upset. The poor engineers Chew chew train never got rolling tonight it appeared the rockets put too big of a “Rock” on the train track and Engineers couldn’t run it over and they ended up getting derailed lol seriously tho good game guys and I hope their fans had a safe trip back home they played a pretty good first half and did some things early but Rock has too many weapons and can score in a lot of different ways. I’ve been more impressed with how well our defense has improved. Rock defense has been stepping up a lot over the last few weeks of the season. We knew all season how special of an offense we had but our defense is clicking at the right time. Since beating Bell County Rock defense hasn’t allowed more than 14 points. That’s 4 games and only given up total of 51 points or 12 per game. Only two teams have scored more than 30 on Rock and that was Bell County and Paris I know every will say schedule schedule schedule but now we’re in the playoffs and if we can keep it up we’re playing pretty good right now. On to Round 2 bring them on either Lawrence County or rematch with Knox Central let’s get it!
Go Rock!
(11-03-2023, 02:18 AM)SmashMouth17 Wrote: So much for the two people in the polls thread this week calling for the Estill county upset. The poor engineers Chew chew train never got rolling tonight it appeared the rockets put too big of a “Rock” on the train track and Engineers couldn’t run it over and they ended up getting derailed lol seriously tho good game guys and I hope their fans had a safe trip back home they played a pretty good first half and did some things early but Rock has too many weapons and can score in a lot of different ways. I’ve been more impressed with how well our defense has improved. Rock defense has been stepping up a lot over the last few weeks of the season. We knew all season how special of an offense we had but our defense is clicking at the right time. Since beating Bell County Rock defense hasn’t allowed more than 14 points. That’s 4 games and only given up total of 51 points or 12 per game. Only two teams have scored more than 30 on Rock and that was Bell County and Paris I know every will say schedule schedule schedule but now we’re in the playoffs and if we can keep it up we’re playing pretty good right now. On to Round 2 bring them on either Lawrence County or rematch with Knox Central let’s get it!
Go Rock!
I may be wrong but it seems like the last few weeks have been sort of “slow starts”? Like you’ll look in the thread or see the score at half and think mhm it’s closer than i thought, and then boom they score 20 plus unanswered in the second half. I think that has something to do with the defense cause the starters are on the field longer than if it was running clock at half?
(11-03-2023, 09:11 AM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote:
(11-03-2023, 02:18 AM)SmashMouth17 Wrote: So much for the two people in the polls thread this week calling for the Estill county upset. The poor engineers Chew chew train never got rolling tonight it appeared the rockets put too big of a “Rock” on the train track and Engineers couldn’t run it over and they ended up getting derailed lol seriously tho good game guys and I hope their fans had a safe trip back home they played a pretty good first half and did some things early but Rock has too many weapons and can score in a lot of different ways. I’ve been more impressed with how well our defense has improved. Rock defense has been stepping up a lot over the last few weeks of the season. We knew all season how special of an offense we had but our defense is clicking at the right time. Since beating Bell County Rock defense hasn’t allowed more than 14 points. That’s 4 games and only given up total of 51 points or 12 per game. Only two teams have scored more than 30 on Rock and that was Bell County and Paris I know every will say schedule schedule schedule but now we’re in the playoffs and if we can keep it up we’re playing pretty good right now. On to Round 2 bring them on either Lawrence County or rematch with Knox Central let’s get it!
Go Rock!
I may be wrong but it seems like the last few weeks have been sort of “slow starts”? Like you’ll look in the thread or see the score at half and think mhm it’s closer than i thought, and then boom they score 20 plus unanswered in the second half. I think that has something to do with the defense cause the starters are on the field longer than if it was running clock at half?
Yea it’s been a little different last few weeks the defense has been playing good solid d. They may give up yardage and then boom they stand tall and stop you from scoring. Early in the year we were having a lot of pick 6 and that help the score a lot we’re still getting interceptions just some times it takes a few plays to score lol but we normally do well in 2nd half we just wear on you.
Played conservative in the first half. Ran the ball more then normal. and when we did throw it was dink and dunks. But people dinged up and trying not to use guys if you don't need to. Opened it up in the 2nd hafe and it got out of hand pretty quick. No answer for Tucker Warren.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]