Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about KHSAA Stats
I know that it has been a long-standing debate/controversy on stats being 100% accurate as far as yardage, tackles, etc. goes. 

Is there any certain method that member schools are supposed to use when calculating tackles? I know that I have seen many, many games where the total number of "solo-tackles" is sometimes 30-40% higher than the number of plays ran by the opposing offense. Just curious if this was a state by state thing or NFHS method they're supposed to follow.
There’s no guide to go by for doing stats for KHSAA but I do know thst they have someone that looks into stats if they seem to be egregious and not even close to the 2nd place person.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I think the Assist on there are ridiculous. There's kids on there with 100 or more assist.. Its crazy. Like they give an assist to any kid who puts a hand on a tackled kid
[-] The following 1 user Likes Onward Leslie!'s post:
  • Colonel4Life1999
(11-01-2023, 10:22 AM)Onward Leslie! Wrote: I think the Assist on there are ridiculous. There's kids on there with 100 or more assist.. Its crazy. Like they give an assist to any kid who puts a hand on a tackled kid

If I’m not mistaken I don’t think KHSAA recognizes half tackles as .5. It’ll just give you a full tackle. So I think that’s the problem there
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Johnny Hines has been padding tackle stats for yearssssss. Guess it’s his only way to create something positive since he hasn’t been able to win district in 5 years
Whitley County has the second leading rusher in the state, and they're third in rushing as a team. Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Patriot1
I've seen on the KHSAA that one team would post they had 300 rushing yards and the other team post there defense only gave up 110 rushing yards. It's just what ever the school wants to report
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[-] The following 1 user Likes ROCKSOLID69's post:
  • pjdoug
There's a reason the KHSAA doesn't recognize tackles on their individual records. They know it's mostly fluff.
100%